Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we bring back the old? Or bring in the new?

Use the old save and 40d
Start a new EH with 2010
Start a new EH with 40d

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 21

Author Topic: The New Eternal Halls Thread: Who's turn is it? Answer me, maggot!  (Read 38118 times)

Lokii

• Bay Watcher
  • Jack of no trades
    • View Profile
Re: The New Eternal Halls Thread: Turn five - Lokii.
« Reply #90 on: July 30, 2010, 02:55:17 pm »

My turn, right?

We're making this happen.
Oh and Lokii, your job is now to seduce the human traders.

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #91 on: August 04, 2010, 01:12:42 am »

Hey, what's the hold up?
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

noodle0117

• Bay Watcher
  • I wonder what would happen if I pull it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 04, 2010, 11:50:19 am »

still waitin for an update of some sort.

How much longer should we give him her?
3-5 more days?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 10:48:36 pm by noodle0117 »

Lokii

• Bay Watcher
  • Jack of no trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 05, 2010, 03:20:58 pm »

I'm a her.

Also don't give me anymore time because I'm not going to be able to do it.

Family emergency stuff. =<
Oh and Lokii, your job is now to seduce the human traders.

noodle0117

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 05, 2010, 10:50:03 pm »

then is it Suilenroc who's up next or arni?

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The New Eternal Halls Thread: Turn five - Arni.
« Reply #95 on: August 06, 2010, 06:33:32 am »

It's Arni's turn.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 10, 2010, 02:55:06 pm »

OP bump.

noodle0117

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 10, 2010, 05:53:25 pm »

have you pmed whoever is going now?

Arni

• Bay Watcher
  • Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 11, 2010, 02:38:07 pm »

Thanks for the PM, would have else forgotten bout my turn.

It's first days of the year 1055 and it's time for change. This place does need an iron fist to get the dwarves back in shape and let the children grow to honest good dwarves. This place has seen to many leaders slack off in wealth. To many died of that.
Our militia commander did a fine job to bring a certain degree of order to this disorderly place. Now i must fortify the order.

First we need storage for our food. We simply dont have enougth food in case of disaster.

Second we gonna need more cells. I dont want to have to beat someone to death again because we dont prosess any cells for the punishment!

Thrid point in my agenda is getting myself a few deputies.

End of Granite some migrants arrived
Mason with his puppy
Surgeon that is also quite talented at wounddressing.
Clerk (Hauler)
Engraver that is also a competent mason. She also has some experiance as surgeon and oranizer.
An other Clerk (Hauler)
Fishcleaner (Hauler)
High Master Metal Crafter
Woodworker
Butcher
Wood Burner with puppy and donkey foal
Jeweler
Lye Maker
Woodworker
Wood burner
Herbalist
Carpenter
Miller
Engraver
Woodburner

Now 85 dwarves reside in the Eternal Halls.

With further dwarfpower i now commenced the new constructions. The large food storage and the cell.

As the begin of midspring the Buzzard plague seems to get out of hand. Also the food stockpile is completed.

The baroness seems not to be willing to manage the orders efficiently. She sais she does have many other representative tasks (Pha, the only thing the hag does is get drunk!) So I took up beside my difficult task as the captain of the guard. My subordinates are a great help.
We're all equiped with warhammers and shields so we can in case of uttermost emergency assist the Sworddwarves. But lets hope it never comes that far.

I've worked over the schedules giving the soldiers every 4th month one month of freetime. The Guards got every third some training duties.

Thīkut Graspingtheater made a nice mask for me. I am very grateful towards him for this gift.

The elves comming this year in late spring brought logs, booze and sand. I gave them some spare nickel flasks they seemed to admire a lot.

In the last days of Hematite a gremlin showed up. We drove it away though.

Bėmbul Scaldearthen, the Cheese Maker who got badly wounded, is recovering well. His spine seems to be fine. Just his wrist is healing very slowly due to the complexity of the fracture.

The sworddwarves are starting to get attached to their equipment. They started to see their sword and shields as improvements of their arms instead of items.
Also the population is increasing the natural way!

For whatever reason the diplomats do like it here and stay! Without even trying to conduct a meeting!

Early Autumn
The elven diplomat finaly decided to talk to our baroness Dariush. He demanded that we cap our tree-fells to one hundret. I would have bunched him in the face, but the baroness granted his request.

Good news everybody! Deadly dust

Luckily it's on the other side of the wall in the topmost cavern, so we can ignore it. (I guess it's not worth the casualties to kill that thing...)

The new cells and court was compleated. (Using it to give the mayor finaly a good enougth office)
Spoiler: Court & Cells (click to show/hide)

What do you mean with 'flying' ?... By Armoks fiery blood! Luckily it just decided to hang there in the air.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I told the dwarves it's off limits to go close to the part where the beast is.

Then the baroness got possessed, causing the elf diplomat to leave unhappy. (yes they were still discussing the number of trees that can be felled)

Nice door. It's being installed in her room as I write this.

We now pinpointed the forgotten beasts exact location. Under the borness' well... As a precaution we locked the door to the well.

BY ARMOKS FIERY BLOOD! I SHALL KILL THAT JEWELER IF THE BEAST IS NOT!
He decided it would be a GREAT idea to go and pat it. Due to the design of the staircase it's impossible to fend that beast off efficently. I hope it will be happy with just killing the jeweler and then leave us alone. Having seen how it bit off his head i realy dont want to fight it.
Oh Damn... I know we cant defeat it... Closing off a part of the staircase I had to sacrifice 2 dwarves. A furnace operator and a wood burner. Also we're now cut off the smithy.

The Furnace operator went berserk, punching the forgotten beast like a maddwarf.
(Yeha, the other dwarf is realy sad that a fellow dwarf just died and he's very frightened that he's locked in with a forgotten beast that killed alread 2 dwarves... err... wait wat? sleeping?)

To access the smithy and the other dwarves we dig an new staircase. This time without access to the first cavern, that got the least security...

That's a problem. The beast broke though a hatch. Thīkut Frostpick who got also seperated from the fortress was waiting behind it and charged the beast. He managed to land some decent slashes, breaking bones and tearing fat and fracturing Xukong Hollowlouse the Ugly Cave's skull!
After releasing some biting clouds the monster bites off one of the sword dwarfs fingers.
Having lost a finger Thīkut retreated. The beasts extracts were taking their toll.

Regarding the beasts bit hurt state as a fine time to attack, I ordered every armed dwarf to KILL IT!
An other sworddwarf charged Xukong, just to be blown off the old spiral staircase and then plunge down 7 z-levels to his death!
Thīkut charged the beast and managed to injure it's wing. When it tried then to fly away it slamed in the walls and falling to the ground like a brick where it died like the other sworddwarf.

Compleatly miserable due to the losses and wounds Thīkut received he stumbled to the hospital, leaving a trail of vomit behind him. Being toughter than the steelarmor he wears he went to a wrestling demonstration right after getting the Xukong's grime washed off his body.
Casualties: 3

After having lost one of his fellow swordmen Suilenroc became... strange. He started gathering all cow heart roast he could and bring it to his mausoleum, paving the floor that way... He must like the smell it will develope over time.
Anyway, I found a nice replacement for the fallen soldier. A woodburner that was also there when the fighting against Xukong occured. The extract of the beast seems to have a interesting effect. For just landing a few hits on the beast before running off winding in pain he's a legendary wrestler, throwing his squadmates on the ground without any trouble.

A dwarf reportet that something came...

NOT AGAIN! ... DUST! NOT AGAIN!

And down it goes to the smithy...

Well that one is definatly weaker than the other one!

A dog is holding it up until the military is ready and got down there. The dog died just before a bunch of sworddwarves arrived. Poor thing. At least the sworddwarves quickly disposed of the beast.

In midwinter we had some monkeys harassing our woodcutters. So we (the guards) went out to bash them. It was quite fun.

Inventory
As the end of my reign there are 84 dwarves living in these halls. 2 of them born this year. We have plenty of food and drinks (bout 1k of each).
There are still a lot jobs in the managers menu to be worked down. You want to check (and use) it maybe.

The new refuse stockpile is still littered with rocks. I ordered the dwarves to dump them in a coner. There is also some gold among it. You might want to unrefuse it, when it's dumped.

Thing todo:
  • Continue building the pump stack (F3) to bring magma up to higher levels, and rebuild the magma workshops in a more secure location when you're able.
  • Setup a schedule for our military in order to protect key areas.
  • Extend military. Give each soldier a private crypt.
  • Drop goblins on Baroness Dariush while she's sleeping.
  • Keep ammo stocks up (bolts). I've been trading some and making some of wood.
  • Fix the jobs maybe... They are kinda messy
  • Cut some more wood & piss off the elves
  • Bash animals for food and training
  • Improve the overground castle
  • Improve defenses (using weapontraps)
  • Have Fun

« Last Edit: August 14, 2010, 08:42:07 am by Arni »
Military and Militia. It's horrible

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 14, 2010, 02:31:58 am »

XD Toady must have thought about a lot of other things if he made mad doctors CAST SWORD INTO WIELDER'S HAND...

Arni

• Bay Watcher
  • Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 14, 2010, 08:50:23 am »

Done. Took me the entire morning to get the fortress alive through the first forgotten beast encounter.

The File
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=2945

Next to go:
evilgenius112
« Last Edit: August 14, 2010, 08:56:35 am by Arni »
Military and Militia. It's horrible

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 15, 2010, 05:07:16 am »

Posting to track, but not posting to play just yet.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 15, 2010, 05:44:46 am »

Shit. Why does everyone want to kill me?!  :'( :'( :'(

noodle0117

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 16, 2010, 10:14:30 pm »

we need a taco dan post

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 16, 2010, 10:20:00 pm »

Ummm... I'm posting...
Where's evilgenius?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 21