Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 76

Author Topic: Up with Feudalism  (Read 74529 times)

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
Re: Up with Feudalism
« Reply #1020 on: July 10, 2010, 04:13:01 am »

Does anybody need an executioner? I'll be happy to stay anywhere, so long as I get to kill people, preferably at High Noon.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: July 10, 2010, 04:27:05 am »

The Really Tall Islands need somebody. We have all sorts of revolutionaries running around forming "merchants' leagues" and whatnot, and a well-practiced executioner would be a fine replacement in the business, considering that right now we're using the General Commander of the Really Tall Island Home Army, and he enjoys watching wolverine fights rather than performing hangings, guillotinings, stonings, deflagrations, burnings, axe swingings, maulings by bears, and launching angry badgers at sentenced persons. He has the request of still being allowed to perform the ferret releasings, however. He enjoys those.

Edit: For the curious: Each of those executions is a part of Really Tall Island law. They are typically carried out by the head of the Home Army, considering that the terrain of the islands makes a conventional army less than useless for both sides. We prefer to defend ourselves using the War Ferret Regiments. Vicious monsters, they could make an undead paladin run away in fear. Needless to say, they are a very bad deal for you in your pants. And that is why you do not want to be found guilty of breaking any of His Elected Majesty King Baron Aqizzar the Great's laws while on the Really Tall Islands.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 04:40:48 am by RedWarrior0 »

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #1022 on: July 10, 2010, 04:54:35 am »

What powers does a Time Knight have anyway? As the Knight of High Noon, I ought to know what powers I have.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: July 10, 2010, 04:13:47 pm »

And that is why you do not want to be found guilty of breaking any of His Elected Majesty King Baron Aqizzar the Great's laws while on the Really Tall Islands.

You know, since you're technically not a fief but an independent colony, you can make whatever rules you like and declare yourself God-Emperor of the islands if you want to :P

Anyhow, since I'm bored and I got some encouragement to do so, I'm fleshing out our world some. And that includes trying to make a sepiatone Tolkien-esque "ye olde hand drawne" map! So that'll keep me busy for a bit.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: July 10, 2010, 04:34:25 pm »

I'm back, so the forum game will go on as soon as I finish my mass-dice-rolling program via a TI-84. Mere hours separate yon population from great fun!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: July 10, 2010, 04:42:28 pm »

I'm back, so the forum game will go on as soon as I finish my mass-dice-rolling program via a TI-84. Mere hours separate yon population from great fun!
I believe I speak for everyone when I say
"Good"

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: July 10, 2010, 05:22:51 pm »

Dude, the TI-84 has an application that does dice.
It's called probability sim.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: July 10, 2010, 05:23:42 pm »

Also, every D&D site ever has dice rollers.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: July 10, 2010, 05:25:01 pm »

It's also pretty easy to do RNGs with batch files.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #1029 on: July 10, 2010, 05:57:45 pm »

Why bother with something like that? The answer: Nerd e-peen.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: July 10, 2010, 07:21:34 pm »

1: 10 gold a week, plus room and board
2: Yes, so long as they don't start eating the students.
3: Training animals is part of the job as well as teaching students. Training people as animals is a big no. We had a student do that once as part of his thesis, and people still think that room is haunted.

That is acceptable, there are a few conditions however

1) At least once a year i get to request an animal type to train, it will still go to whomever is recieving these things.
2) You dont worry about whethor or not I train them to obey me over thier new owners, mostley incase they try to get them to kill me

Also i have three pets

1) Ariketh, a grey wolf
2) Tomsa, a coyote
3) Freya, an arctic fox

they all get along well and only eat people if i tell them to.

PS. post would have been up 10 hours ago but forum was throwing a fit when i went to bed
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: July 10, 2010, 07:31:38 pm »

1: 10 gold a week, plus room and board
2: Yes, so long as they don't start eating the students.
3: Training animals is part of the job as well as teaching students. Training people as animals is a big no. We had a student do that once as part of his thesis, and people still think that room is haunted.

That is acceptable, there are a few conditions however

1) At least once a year i get to request an animal type to train, it will still go to whomever is recieving these things.
2) You dont worry about whethor or not I train them to obey me over thier new owners, mostley incase they try to get them to kill me

Also i have three pets

1) Ariketh, a grey wolf
2) Tomsa, a coyote
3) Freya, an arctic fox

they all get along well and only eat people if i tell them to.

PS. post would have been up 10 hours ago but forum was throwing a fit when i went to bed

Perfectly acceptable. Go to administration to get your papers and keys. Welcome to Skygold University.

Now that I think about it, what is the currency standard in Skygold?

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #1032 on: July 10, 2010, 07:39:30 pm »

Who needs some arbitrary system made up by the government? Gold coins are the money. Go ahead and melt them, they're worth the same either way. I don't think our King would be unapathetic enough to create a currency standard. Basically, the currency is measured by the weight of the gold.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: July 10, 2010, 07:45:04 pm »

Who needs some arbitrary system made up by the government? Gold coins are the money. Go ahead and melt them, they're worth the same either way. I don't think our King would be unapathetic enough to create a currency standard. Basically, the currency is measured by the weight of the gold.

...or the silver, or the platinum, or what gem you happen to be shoving into someones hand. Basicaly anything that is valuable for its weight, thats what im getting anyway.
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #1034 on: July 10, 2010, 07:51:32 pm »

Who really cares? It's basically just a bartering system anyway. You pay with whatever you don't need/want to get what you do. Nice and simple. Works very well for a medieval feudalistic society.

Bartering systems do pretty well in a lot of cases.
There's also a bonus of it being pretty fucking hard to counterfeit a chicken.
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 76