Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76]

Author Topic: Up with Feudalism  (Read 74501 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Up with Feudalism
« Reply #1125 on: July 15, 2010, 11:56:40 am »

To Huesoo and Itnetlolor I still need your resources, unless you want me to do them for you that is.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1126 on: July 16, 2010, 11:26:06 pm »

Itnetlolor

Fortitudine et Prudentia

City stats:
Large City
High Population

Includes:
Nobility Keep which houses The Guard of 'Fortitude' and royal guests
Inner Keep Fortitude Guard Training grounds
Inner "Slums", 'Prudence' Trade/Market Community
Outer "Slums", Farming District.
Merchants'/Teamsters' office building
Fishing District in NE beaches
Med. Docks for multi-roles (depending on need for the time), as well as a private military dock
Inner farmlands for sustenance in case the gates should be locked
Outer farmlands (which produce more) for further supply, and excess exportables.
The Kingdom's Largest Sundial (Famous for pointing the wrong way, but an exquisite art piece nonetheless.)
Stone walls and a pair of lighthouses
And a partridge in a pear tree

Military force includes:
The Guard of 'Fortitude' (Fief Royal/Elite Guard)
A reasonable force of drafted soldiers, drafted based on preferred skill set. Not to be underestimated.
Random fishery workers that know how to use a harpoon, arbalest, and/or a sword to defend oneself in the open seas as well as on land.
Combat medial units to help troops in mid-battle when needed most, or to assist other fiefs in trouble.

Fleet includes:
Several fleets of triremes with well-trained crews (with a Guard of 'Fortitude' team as well)
Few Fire Ships and Demo-boats for strategic purposes
Merchant craft have captains wary of bandits and piracy.
Fishing ships which use harpoons are trained well enough to weaponize if necessary (or in a cross-fire)

Trade Goods:
Imports- Refined Metals and Cloth (or exotic goods)
Exports- Coffee and Fish
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 11:32:51 pm by Itnetlolor »

Huesoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Like yeah dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: July 17, 2010, 11:18:24 am »

To Huesoo and Itnetlolor I still need your resources, unless you want me to do them for you that is.

Yeah you can do it for me.
BOTTLED MESSAGE BE AFLOAT

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: July 17, 2010, 11:29:27 pm »

Still playing, I'll get my stats for the Really Tall Islands up in a sec.

Edit:
Basic description: The Really Tall Islands make up a group of very steep and tall mountains coming out of the sea east of Skygold proper. Of the island chain, two have small towns, one has a small city, and the rest have an outpost.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Fleet:
3 Warships, almost constantly kept docked in the Cove, large armament and crew
1 Medium Troop Transport, carries 100 troops between the Cove and mainland
7 Fast scout ships, no armament and a small crew with a few guards
5 Small troop transports, ferrying troops between islands, can hold 30 plus a small crew
9 Cliffside Landing Ships, designed to deploy troops onto a cliff without a dock, 30 Cliffside Landers each

6 small barges, carry small amounts of resources from Bay Below to Sky Town, High Up City, and the outposts.
1 Cargo Ship, carries supplies to Bay Below from mainland.
10 Fishing Boats, outfitted with fishermen

Other Military
270 Cliffside Landers, lightly armed/armored in leather with chain mail and a pair of axes that work equally well for climbing and killing
200 Defender Archers, with bows, arrows (though they are usually stationed near a stock), and leather armor
34 Homeland Defense Troops, heavily armed and armored with swords, full plate, and trained in many weapons
1500 War Ferrets, vicious, sometimes used in executions

Trade goods:
Imports: cloth, wood
Exports: Rocks, some iron
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 12:34:33 am by RedWarrior0 »

Bill the dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: October 22, 2011, 07:02:34 pm »

Looking at the last few pages or so after seeing a link to it in the Forum Games Awards nominations thing, this looked pretty well planned, but was cut short before it could reach awesome by technical difficulties. What would we need to do to revive this and see what it could really turn into? Most of the stuff seems to be already prepared to work, just needs rules to decide things by in-game. I'd take a spot if someone can't, though I don't have that much time usually.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: October 22, 2011, 07:41:40 pm »

July 2010!
Really?

But yeah, it petered out like a lot of our GD spawned games do.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: October 22, 2011, 08:01:55 pm »

I'll agree that it was quite a massive bump even for Bay12, but he does have a point Tack.
Everything is already planned for the most part, I believe the map is around here somewhere, and it was a cool idea. All it needs is people who'll play it and someone who wants to try to run it. I'm not going to try to run it, (I've got enough semi-complex things to do already) but I'll help set it up and play if anyone actually does poke in here again besides the three of us.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: October 22, 2011, 08:04:23 pm »

I would play, and help set it up, but the same as Aklyon I have enough stuff on my plate at the moment, so I can't run it.
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76]