Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 118

Author Topic: Towersoared - Chronicles of Construction (Community) - 0.31.25  (Read 289325 times)

bayar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Towersoared - Chronicles of Construction (Community)
« Reply #480 on: October 21, 2010, 01:47:26 pm »

Could you post Michael's skill list and relantionship list please ?

Tuxman

• Bay Watcher
  • Forever GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: October 25, 2010, 01:25:03 am »

CEILING CAT DEMANDS UPDATE!

No but really battlecat keep up the good work

« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 04:11:28 pm by Tuxman »
Meowth! That's right!

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: October 25, 2010, 04:00:11 pm »

ceiling
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

magmaholic

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hello again"- canadian stalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: October 26, 2010, 08:14:43 am »

cat.
I am a Goober.

Battlecat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: October 27, 2010, 10:27:58 am »

Cog’s Journal, 10th of Felsite, 314

The Elven traders were spotted arriving in our area today.  For once they actually arrived a reasonable distance from our gates so I’m not going to worry about wasting the military’s time on protecting them.  I need them refreshed for when I put the miners back on digging duty very soon now. 

There are a lot of Elves this year though, apparently there are seven horses in this year’s caravan.  I hope they brought some interesting animals. 

Cog’s Journal, 13th of Felsite, 314

I don’t know if this is exciting or worrisome.  Ezum Lorbamsebir our crippled miner began babbling madly during her rest.  And then she began crawling towards the workshops.  It’s a fairly normal case of possession; I just hope that she can accomplish the goals while she’s unable to walk. 

Cog’s Journal, 14th of Felsite, 314

It took Ezum Lorbamsebir the better part of a day to crawl to a mason’s workshop.  She then began slowly making her way towards the storage rooms for our raw goods.  Thank the gods she isn’t in actual pain from the frostbite.  She just doesn’t move very fast. 

It’s still painful to watch though. 

OOC: Another short one, but the game picked up a couple of fps last night for some reason. 

@bayar: Done, here is the information along with his latest profile.  There hasn’t been much medical work lately so he’s been a bit more social.  He also occasionally takes shifts helping move furniture down to the new main fortress, but only on occasion.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

@Tuxman: Far be it from me to deny the Ceiling Cat!  :)

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: October 27, 2010, 03:47:36 pm »

Start walling off alcoves, areas you don't need, things like that. Just walling off the caverns can get you a good 5FPS.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

nbonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: October 30, 2010, 01:07:43 pm »

It's a longshot, but is GFPS down? that can increase fps.
A service to the forum: clowns=demons, cotton candy=adamantine, clown car=adamantine tube, circus=hell, circus tent=demonic fortress.

bayar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: October 31, 2010, 05:40:00 am »

1 question: Why did michael get a sex change ?  :o

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: October 31, 2010, 01:01:45 pm »

Dwarves are strange, Bayar. Didn't you get the memo?
This is Dwarf Fortress! If we can chuck magma at innocent wildlife, we can do ANYTHING!

It was at this point that I realised that dwarves are actually the essence of chaos. What else can make perpetual motion machines, recursive statues with more building materials than the average tower and has such a short attention span that a damn fine chair can off-set the death of their entire family.

Battlecat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: November 02, 2010, 12:13:27 pm »

Cog’s Journal, 21st of Felsite, 314

Decent trading with the Elves this year apparently.  A handful of animals and a good supply of surface booze and berries for cooking is all we traded for.  They had huge quantities of other stuff, but all that would do is clutter up our fortress.  They were still ecstatic with the trading thanks to our high quality goods. 

Also, I’ve finally gotten our Milker/Cheesemaker working on getting his new workshop established.  He’s asked for a new name, I happily obliged him.

Spoiler: Wessex the Cheesemaker (click to show/hide)

Cog’s Journal, 23rd of Felsite, 314

Well in an impressively short amount of time considering her disability, Ezum Lorbamsebir began work on a mysterious construction at her chosen mason’s workshop.  I wonder what she’s going to create. 

Cog’s Journal, 4th of Hematite, 314

Well this is actually useful and gorgeous simultaneously!  It’s a beautifully designed Millstone. 

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I was planning on setting up a milling workshop in our food preparation area anyhow.  Now it’s going to be a gorgeous work area. 

OOC: Another RL friend started reading and asked for a dwarf. 

@breadbocks: That could work.  It’ll be hard to choose what to fall off though. 

@nbonaparte: Good thought, I haven’t altered that value yet.  Lower is better, I’ll drop it down from 50 and see what happens.

@bayar: Will the real Michael please stand up!  Turns out there are two medical dwarves with nearly identical skill sets.  One male and one female (the one you originally claimed).  And I’d accidentally named them both Michael at some point in the past.  I guess I saw the second one at some point and thought I’d accidently cleared the nickname.

Of course, it never fails I gave you the stats on the fake Michael, now known more appropriately by his real name Logem Kilrudog.  Here is the real Michael:

Spoiler: The Real Michael (click to show/hide)

Sorry about the error!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 12:12:35 pm by Battlecat »

Korva

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: November 04, 2010, 08:28:55 am »

I read through this thread the past few afternoons, and it's both highly entertaining and very inspiring. Cheers! I've never tried my hand on a megaproject or managed to stick with a fort for more than 5 years, but reading about Towersoared makes me want to do it (and I guess a megaproject helps keep the motivation up).

Syntic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: November 09, 2010, 09:18:44 am »

Oh no everyone panic, we haven't heard anything about this in a week. Quick there is only one thing to do, and that's to run around in circles, while we scream in fear about the end of the world. That of course is the proper panic maneuver. Of course while that one thing is the correct thing to do, there is of course alternatives, but I hesitate to even say them. One alternative is of course the non-screamer panic method of curling up into the fetal position, and muttering in a language only you can understand. Some people though prefer the proactive panic method, and for your knowledge that is the method that involves making sacrifices in an effort to appease the powers that be. In this particular case, the sacrifice will of course have to be the sacrifice of a sentient being that is dear to you, such as a son or daughter. There is of course the play it cool panic method of putting on a pair of shades, and just putting on an air about yourself that says "I'm to cool to panic" but this can only be pulled off by the ultra-cool, and in this particular case you'll likely have to also have to do something extra like do a rap about how you are so not the type to panic.

Lastly there is of course the bumping panic method, that I am doing right now. I've claimed this method in this panic instance, so you can't panic in this way. But for future instances, it involves bumping the thread in the hopes of getting an update. After I finish this method, I'll then fall back on the primary method of running around in circles screaming about the end of the world.

If I have forgotten a standard panic method, then I apologize as clearly I'm in such a state as to not be able to recall them all.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #492 on: November 09, 2010, 09:27:41 am »

...What.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: November 10, 2010, 07:51:27 am »

:o
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

magmaholic

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hello again"- canadian stalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: November 10, 2010, 08:32:20 am »

PANIC!
WAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!
I am a Goober.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 118