Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 26

Author Topic: Boatmurdered - The Animation  (Read 206495 times)

dwarfhoplite

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentledwarves, prepare for Glory!
    • View Profile
Re: Boatmurdered - The Animation
« Reply #255 on: January 07, 2011, 05:17:06 pm »

Now if only we had a new boatmurdered.

Boatmurdered Ch. 2

now with Z-levels
that wouldn't be so cool. flat fortress is insanely nice

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 07, 2011, 05:22:00 pm »

Now if only we had a new boatmurdered.

Boatmurdered Ch. 2

now with Z-levels
that wouldn't be so cool. flat fortress is insanely nice
what bloodline can beat the madness of boatmurdered?
What do you think? Yes? No?

LavaLevel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 07, 2011, 08:07:40 pm »

How long is this here animation gonna be?

It will be approx 3 minutes. We (being Pal Australians) are animating at 25 fps so that is 4500 frames.
Doing really hard work during the holidays when there are so many games to play is... hard.

Buttery_Mess

• Bay Watcher
  • 11x11
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 14, 2011, 09:37:46 pm »

You can't beat a butterfly gunking up the front doors.
But .... It's so small!
It's not the size of the pick that counts... it's the size of the man with the pick.
Quote from: Toady One
Naturally, we'd like to make life miserable for everybody, randomly, but that'll take some doing.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #259 on: January 14, 2011, 09:39:56 pm »

How long is this here animation gonna be?

It will be approx 3 minutes. We (being Pal Australians) are animating at 25 fps so that is 4500 frames.
Doing really hard work during the holidays when there are so many games to play is... hard.
Wouldn't it be slightly less harder than that sounded since it's being done in flash?

strongrudder

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 15, 2011, 06:38:45 am »

-snip-
Wouldn't it be slightly less harder than that sounded since it's being done in flash?
Not necessarily. If you're tweening everything to death, maybe. But if you're going frame-by-frame? You might save a little time in the cleanup stage, perhaps.

That said, I'm not sure what animation style LavaLevel & co. are using. Even storyboarding a 3-minute piece takes a decent chunk o' time, though. If you want it to be good, anyway. ;)
The flying ☼Earworm☼ strikes strongrudder in the brain!
The ☼Earworm☼ has lodged firmly in the wound!
strongrudder gives in to music.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 17, 2011, 12:30:51 am »

-snip-
Not necessarily. If you're tweening everything to death, maybe. But if you're going frame-by-frame? You might save a little time in the cleanup stage, perhaps.

That said, I'm not sure what animation style LavaLevel & co. are using. Even storyboarding a 3-minute piece takes a decent chunk o' time, though. If you want it to be good, anyway. ;)

Tweening?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

strongrudder

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 17, 2011, 12:35:29 am »

It's the function that allows you to animate a single piece of art moving/rotating/scaling by designating a "before" and "after" frame, without having to redraw or copy/paste it every frame. It's what gives a lot of Flash animation that "cutout" look. Of course, you can ignore it completely and redraw every frame. I worked for a guy who was really good at using both together.
The flying ☼Earworm☼ strikes strongrudder in the brain!
The ☼Earworm☼ has lodged firmly in the wound!
strongrudder gives in to music.

WisdomThumbs

• Bay Watcher
  • Drawing Meaning
    • View Profile
    • Wisdom-Thumbs on DeviantArt
« Reply #263 on: January 17, 2011, 09:22:11 pm »

I would like to say that I only read Boatmurdered today, since I was lying around the house feeling really sick and had nothing better to do. But it was awesome. And hilarious. It really was.

So, having found that somebody's doing a Boatmurdered animation, I was especially pleased to find out that the animators include the guy who made The Faun and the Nymph (and Simon Cottee is great too). To add to my excitement, they know Ben Frigging Croshaw. Holy funk. Pardon me while I scrape my brain off the wall behind me.

This is terribly exciting, and great to know that you guys are still working on this. I hope, I HOPE, that you can finish, because I know how hard it is to keep yourself working on a project like this when it's dragged on for so long. And while I am disappointed that not all the major characters will be represented, and that there will be no dialogue, I am greatly intrigued by the idea of awesome music being played for the video. And even if it's only a short version of Boatmurdered, that's way better than nothing. Going to be hella awesome, now keep up the good work.  :D
"She'd lost her hand, her youth, and her husband. Her entire body was a maze of scars, and without her crutch she could only drag herself over the rocks. But Dema Beandeaths wasn't done just yet. She still had a long way to go, and that six-limbed armadillo devil godking wasn't about to kill itself."
- -- -
I draw things

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 24, 2011, 07:29:46 pm »

Must revive thread....
What do you think? Yes? No?

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 25, 2011, 09:17:54 pm »

« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 09:19:44 pm by QuakeIV »
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: February 03, 2011, 06:47:30 am »

This sounds very exciting. I can hardly wait to see it.

I'm curious though: Aside from Boatmurdered, what other epic DF tales do you think would make for a great movie/video? To be more specific: If it were up to you, which other DF stories would you prefer to see made into film shorts?

(Also, I've started a new topic to discuss the possibility of making DF-inspired movies with machinima.)

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: February 03, 2011, 10:15:12 am »

A pool of Dwarven Ale.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?

Duntada Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: February 03, 2011, 06:34:33 pm »

Lavalevel has claimed a workshop!
Lavalevel has started a mysterious construction.

...Sorry. Had to be done.
Lavalevel yells "I need celluloid!"
Lavalevel yells "I need a camera!"

:P

LavaLevel draws pictures of dwarves.
Lavalevel draws pictures of bones
Girlinhat: The biggest issue seems to be size.  A 1x1 room would allow for maximum child desecration.

Ipwnurmom221

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: February 03, 2011, 09:21:30 pm »

I'm curious though: Aside from Boatmurdered, what other epic DF tales do you think would make for a great movie/video? To be more specific: If it were up to you, which other DF stories would you prefer to see made into film shorts?

Headshoots, maybe?

I should try organizing a full-length film for one of these DF games
"I haven't seen my parents in nearly a year, I can't move a foot in any direction, I spend all my days being attacked by animals, and I've been forced to drink sheep puke- wow that's a nice floor grate!"
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 26