Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 76

Author Topic: Ardentdikes - Absolute disaster - (31.25) (Succession)(Need Players!)  (Read 219816 times)

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: Ardentdikes - Magma solves everything - (31.25) (Succession)
« Reply #990 on: October 10, 2011, 12:28:14 pm »

Is there any way to stop volcano emptying?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: October 10, 2011, 12:48:57 pm »

You'd need to stop whatever is causing it to empty. I have no idea what
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: October 11, 2011, 08:33:45 am »

I still need help with volcano plugging, BTW. It looks like the cause is a small hole to the magma sea that I made on my previous turn for unknown reason. Probably to drain the cavern or the magma sea.

Nevermind, plugged it up by obsidian by draining some magma from the volcano onto the hole. Too bad I forgot to install a way to stop that magma...
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 11:12:34 am by Dariush »

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: October 11, 2011, 12:04:23 pm »

Apparently we've had an FB rampaging through fortress for the last several months. So that's where all those sudden deaths came from. Huh.

Katana took care of it in like 10 seconds. Why couldn't you kill it without my intervention, you stupid dorfs?!

Oh wow, a WORKING gear assembly entombed into a wall. Flooding DWRs with magma is fun!

Epic fail.

Aaaand my obsidianizer works! Or at least it's water part.

The work of the ages is done! Or at least it will be when we clean up magma all around the fortress.

And suddenly after a half year of just sitting there my repeater continues working! ALL HAIL THE CRUSHER!

...except my pumpstack got destroyed in the process. Disintegrated. Every pump and even the DWR which took such painstaking precision to complete just... just gone. :( Fuck this shit, here's the save.

To stop the current flood of the courtyard, pull the rightmost (marked) lever under the courtyard (though please don't do it until water reached at least 3-4/7). DWR (F3) can be fixed by completing the screwpumps I started, hanging two waterwheels on either side of both pumps, then manually pumping both pumps for one second, then stopping. And, of course, the path to the pumpstack. And the pumpstack itself.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 01:41:06 pm by Dariush »

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: October 12, 2011, 01:03:41 am »

I hope Malarauko gets here, i don't particularly feel like being the guy who has to fix up your mass :P
Also, i just loaded the save, holy crap, i need to study this place for a while.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: October 12, 2011, 07:40:40 am »

Actually, on second thought you don't need to rebuild the DWR. Adding a couple more windmills to the battery in the north and adding a path to the magma pumpstack will solve the problem.

Daetrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: October 12, 2011, 09:12:12 am »

Once I get home from work I'll update the first post. Ardentdikes is such a glorious disaster.
All you need to know about Ardentdikes
It is really, really easy to flood this place with magma fwiw.

Doors stop fire, right?

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
Re: Ardentdikes - Absolute disaster - (31.25) (Succession)(Need Players!)
« Reply #997 on: October 13, 2011, 04:57:21 am »

Nice fountain, dead dwarves in the pumpstack are interesting addition.
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

Malarauko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: October 13, 2011, 01:22:17 pm »

I am here! I will do my week but I may need slightly longer as I am very busy with Uni. My plan is to play in bursts for as long as possible then do plenty of updates. Is it cool if I use DFHack to clean up the map a bit? I've had a traumatic experience of syndromes and I have no desire to repeat it.
Dwarf Fortress - Losing is fun.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: October 13, 2011, 01:31:28 pm »

Is it cool if I use DFHack to clean up the map a bit? I've had a traumatic experience of syndromes and I have no desire to repeat it.
You're overseeing a fortress that has been cleansed with magma. No, it is NOT cool to use DFHack. Magma is there for a reason.

Malarauko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: October 13, 2011, 01:43:58 pm »

Is it cool if I use DFHack to clean up the map a bit? I've had a traumatic experience of syndromes and I have no desire to repeat it.
You're overseeing a fortress that has been cleansed with magma. No, it is NOT cool to use DFHack. Magma is there for a reason.
Really? Because no offence but you could of bloody fooled me.

Malarauko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: October 13, 2011, 02:32:04 pm »

Ok so this is a pretty big mess.... I have 10 goals for my rule:
1. Sort out the militia. As it stands we just have an absolute mess of a system.
2. Clean the fort up to the point where it is livable.
3. Establish a safe area where normal dorfish activites can be carried out. This includes cat butchering and dabbling with forces beyond the ken of mortal beings.
4. Stabilising the workforce to create a new efficient Ardentdikes. An Ardentdikes suitable for the 12th century!
5. Create some way of making Ardentdikes more user friendly. A complete overhaul of the fort and its surrounds is necessary.
6. Make Ardentdikes safe.
7. Shape the area around Ardentdikes to provide the proper setting for such an illustrious fort.
8. Make this place a hub of riches.
9. Dorf myself.
10. Make my account good.

I doubt I'll manage all this but... well here goes nothing!

Malarauko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: October 13, 2011, 02:37:23 pm »

Oh god this place is like a monument to disaster.

Malarauko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: October 13, 2011, 03:13:10 pm »

Well hopefully i've cracked the whole labour issue. With any luck the new setup should be easy to adapt and also less of a mess.

Malarauko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: October 13, 2011, 04:01:49 pm »

So here goes:
(Originally I was hoping to do something more creative but I think it'll be a bit complex atm so i'm just gonna list what i've done for starters)

Created a new area with workshops I can find so I can actually get stuff done
Jiggled with militia slightly. I'm going to have to sit down and work out the consolidation but I hope to create one good squad for the fort at least
Completely overhauled labour. Jobs should be streamlined. Idlers dropped to below ten straight away and I think once we get industry working that should be (fingers crossed) kept to 0 if possible.
Assigned all animals to be killed.
Killed all prisoners and caged animals.
Stopped courtyard flooding. Made clearing out areas a priority.
Assigned everyone a room.
Jiggled with food production. I can only find one field.

Thats about it for now. I'm trying to make Ardentdikes work enough that the next person can actually function. So although its boring there will be no expansion or completion of any projects others have started.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 04:19:49 pm by Malarauko »
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 76