Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 76

Author Topic: Ardentdikes - Absolute disaster - (31.25) (Succession)(Need Players!)  (Read 219806 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Ardentdikes - Absolute disaster - (31.25) (Succession)(Need Players!)
« Reply #1005 on: October 13, 2011, 04:06:42 pm »

Ok so this is a pretty big mess.... I have 10 goals for my rule:
1. Sort out the militia. As it stands we just have an absolute mess of a system.
2. Clean the fort up to the point where it is livable.
3. Establish a safe area where normal dorfish activites can be carried out. This includes cat butchering and dabbling with forces beyond the ken of mortal beings.
4. Stabilising the workforce to create a new efficient Ardentdikes. An Ardentdikes suitable for the 12th century!
5. Create some way of making Ardentdikes more user friendly. A complete overhaul of the fort and its surrounds is necessary.
6. Make Ardentdikes safe.
7. Shape the area around Ardentdikes to provide the proper setting for such an illustrious fort.
8. Make this place a hub of riches.
9. Dorf myself.
10. Make my account good.

I doubt I'll manage all this but... well here goes nothing!

Fool! This is a succession fort! There is no such thing as "organized", "safe" or "user-friendly" in such a place!

Regarding #8, it's already been done, I belive.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Malarauko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: October 13, 2011, 04:30:14 pm »

1. Sort out the militia. As it stands we just have an absolute mess of a system.
3. Establish a safe area where normal dorfish activites can be carried out. This includes cat butchering and dabbling with forces beyond the ken of mortal beings.
4. Stabilising the workforce to create a new efficient Ardentdikes. An Ardentdikes suitable for the 12th century!
5. Create some way of making Ardentdikes more user friendly. A complete overhaul of the fort and its surrounds is necessary.
7. Shape the area around Ardentdikes to provide the proper setting for such an illustrious fort.
9. Dorf myself.

Fool! This is a succession fort! There is no such thing as "organized", "safe" or "user-friendly" in such a place!

Regarding #8, it's already been done, I belive.
Well I'll briefly tidy up then. Number 8 may have been true in the past but the place is in a pretty bad state atm. My hope is we can make the place a constant creator of wealth rather than some scavengers paradise.

Organising this place is easy enough. I'm just going to change the layout a bit thats all. A lot of rooms will be be expanded or opened up to make bigger rooms and some rooms will be bricked in. Staircases will probably be destroyed and three centralised staircases created. Thats my plan at least.

Also regarding the new Labour system. Dwarfs have been bulk assigned labour. So if you're a bowyer you get all woodworking tasks. If you're a furnace operator you get all metalworking labours. Only miners have hauling off (and maybe a few exceptional individuals for various reasons).

Dwarf Fortress - Losing is fun.

noodle0117

• Bay Watcher
  • I wonder what would happen if I pull it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: October 13, 2011, 05:29:11 pm »

O.o the title changed.

Daetrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: October 13, 2011, 06:39:01 pm »

9. Dorf myself.

I think some of these may not be actually possible.

Good luck trying though!

O.o the title changed.

The title progression is like a miniature history of the fort.
All you need to know about Ardentdikes
It is really, really easy to flood this place with magma fwiw.

Doors stop fire, right?

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: October 14, 2011, 06:17:53 am »

Created a new area with workshops I can find so I can actually get stuff done
Jiggled with militia slightly. I'm going to have to sit down and work out the consolidation but I hope to create one good squad for the fort at least
Completely overhauled labour. Jobs should be streamlined. Idlers dropped to below ten straight away and I think once we get industry working that should be (fingers crossed) kept to 0 if possible.
Assigned all animals to be killed.
Killed all prisoners and caged animals.
Stopped courtyard flooding. Made clearing out areas a priority.
Assigned everyone a room.
Jiggled with food production. I can only find one field.

Thats about it for now. I'm trying to make Ardentdikes work enough that the next person can actually function. So although its boring there will be no expansion or completion of any projects others have started.
As i'm the nest person i look forward to ruining dorfing up all the neat organization you've gone through so much work for! j/k
No really i'mm be very happy if this place makes some sense when it's my turn, i'll do my best to not screw it up (barring any unforseen magma accidents)
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Malarauko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: October 14, 2011, 12:17:18 pm »

Ok I admit defeat. I don't think i'll have the time to do this because its suddenly slowed right down. If you want to take it from Dariush left off that might be for the best.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: October 14, 2011, 12:56:52 pm »

9. Dorf myself.

Oh god this place is like a monument to disaster.
I can imagine this happening:
Malarauko makes his plans about the fortress:

Malarauko actually opens the save:

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: October 16, 2011, 02:09:54 pm »

* Dariush pokes the thread, bruising the muscle and jamming the brain!

Daetrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: October 17, 2011, 10:42:18 am »

I've PMed Mark.  If he can't take it...I suppose I'll try and get it fixed up while we try and recruit people to either continue it or blow it up.
All you need to know about Ardentdikes
It is really, really easy to flood this place with magma fwiw.

Doors stop fire, right?

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: October 17, 2011, 09:18:29 pm »

I could try, but I'm wondering if I'd do very well with the FPS...

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: October 18, 2011, 01:08:02 am »

Oh my, is it my go already? We'll just see how much Fun Per Season™ I can squeeze out of this place.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Malarauko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: October 18, 2011, 08:56:49 am »

I can imagine this happening:
Malarauko makes his plans about the fortress:
Malarauko actually opens the save:
Actually it was the other way around. I saw the state of the place and then drew up a plan to try and sort it. It was the FPS that got me at the end though. It would have taken 3 weeks with the time I get to play because of uni.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: October 18, 2011, 11:17:25 am »

im getting a decent 14 fps, once i word out what to do with the place i should get somewhere, there is some potentrial, anyway i'll have a few hours tomorrow to get started. Question, what can i do about those missing pets? I can't evebn find theis corpses and they aren't even on the unit list, the spam is rather annoying.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: October 18, 2011, 01:59:58 pm »

Kill the spamming dorfs, it's the only solution.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Malarauko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: October 18, 2011, 02:49:07 pm »

Draft them and make them into a permanent suicide squad. I did that as the first part of rebooting the militia.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 76