Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 33

Author Topic: *Wizard Tower* (.36d) [for DF 31.25] - Multispectral  (Read 126585 times)

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
Re: *Wizard Tower* (.36) [for DF 31.25] - Wand Repair
« Reply #435 on: January 14, 2012, 03:36:28 pm »

Version .36 up at DFFD.  Nothing really new this time, just fixing the broken old.

Spoiler: Changelog (click to show/hide)

How do you get golems?

Sorry I missed this - they're "given birth" by Wizards like children.  They're somewhat rare, and unless you embark with them it might be a while until you get one.

swampwater

• Bay Watcher
  • needs alcohol to get through the working day
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: January 16, 2012, 11:23:08 pm »

hey, just downloaded your mod for the first time and was checking out your creature raws- i'm not even sure if this would cause problems in game or not but the nymph has [GRASSTRAMPLE:0] twice... i've discovered the fun of duplicate raws myself so i thought i would let you know... thanks for your work!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: January 16, 2012, 11:26:18 pm »

hey, just downloaded your mod for the first time and was checking out your creature raws- i'm not even sure if this would cause problems in game or not but the nymph has [GRASSTRAMPLE:0] twice... i've discovered the fun of duplicate raws myself so i thought i would let you know... thanks for your work!

Duplicate raws aren't duplicate tags, just duplicate objects. Duplicate tags do pretty much nothing.

If there were two [CREATURE:NYMPH] entries, that would be a problem, but two [GRASSTRAMPLE:0] tags shouldn't be a problem at all.

Black_Legion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: January 20, 2012, 12:37:15 am »

So having two:
[MENT_ATT_RANGE:SOCIAL_AWARENESS:0:100:400:700:900:1100:1500]       --
tags won't affect anything?

-- This was found in the 'creature_wizard.txt' under witches, if this has the potential to be damaging it may need to be changed.

Here's where it's located:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I've had fun playing around with the mod though, especially with the social interaction and locked doors :D

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: January 20, 2012, 12:50:21 am »

So having two:

-- This was found in the 'creature_wizard.txt' under witches, if this has the potential to be damaging it may need to be changed.

I've had fun playing around with the mod though, especially with the social interaction and locked doors :D

Nope, it shouldn't make any difference.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: January 22, 2012, 06:19:44 pm »

Can the .36 upgrade be loaded to a current save?
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
Re: *Wizard Tower* (.36d) [for DF 31.25] - Multispectral
« Reply #441 on: January 24, 2012, 03:16:54 pm »

Can the .36 upgrade be loaded to a current save?

Sorry tahujdt, the latest version is not save compatible.  You could probably trick it by keeping certain old files (like the resource plant .txt) that have stuff that was cut.

Version .36c is up with a fix for a pesky CTD that popped some a couple versions ago.  I pinned it down to the Wizard caravan bringing certain products it shouldn't that caused the game a panic attack, but I got the last Tower a half year past the previous caravan with no issues so far.  Happy to report the mod is stable once again.  Wizard caravans are 'elf' style now - they come in with pack animals instead of wagons, without guards.  They're also unarmed, and so likely to use blast attacks if assaulted.

Update:  .36d now, the Crematory ash fix didn't make it into the .36c zip file for some reason.   ;)

To those who downloaded last night's .36c and have a different changelog, it's pretty much the same version, just without the updated paperwork I was too tired to finish.

Spoiler: Changelog (click to show/hide)

Duplicate raws aren't duplicate tags, just duplicate objects. Duplicate tags do pretty much nothing.

If there were two [CREATURE:NYMPH] entries, that would be a problem, but two [GRASSTRAMPLE:0] tags shouldn't be a problem at all.

So having two:

Nope, it shouldn't make any difference.

Thanks fellows - even if the dupes wouldn't affect anything, knowing about them made them bothersome enough to take out.

My appreciation goes out to everyone who has played and/or given feedback to the mod, thank you!
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 12:06:52 am by SethCreiyd »

Black_Legion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: January 25, 2012, 01:37:28 am »

Glad to help! I'm really liking this mod the more I play around with it. Magic, though useful, seems to function mostly as an auxiliary attack to soften up a foe. I'm kind of sad that fireballs don't yet wreathe your foes in flames and it appears the only way to set things on fire with them is to drop the conjured fire at their feet and wait. Hopefully the new interaction system will fix that issue.

The only things are that sorcs and wizards appear to be largely immune to the syndrome aspects of each other's spells (except for prismatic hex) which may be as intended... I remember you writing either the wizards/sorcs were immune to their own spells or those of the other factions. Finally it seems grave cats melt when placed in arena mode. Is this expected?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: January 25, 2012, 01:43:59 am »

The arena is about 120 F, so it shouldnt be a problem

Black_Legion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: January 25, 2012, 08:55:32 pm »

Ah, strange. I've always encountered this problem when I had the materials in a creature a bit off... unless it was made of ice. Then it usually works as intended.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: February 04, 2012, 10:39:15 pm »

Interesting Mod. What are zombies used for anyway? Cannon Fodder?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: February 04, 2012, 10:40:25 pm »

Oh, SethCreiyd, how are you going to handle the next version? You won't need all those adventurer reactions and special attacks anymore.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 02:20:37 pm by Putnam »

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: February 05, 2012, 05:31:12 am »

Once, when I was playing sorcerers, I built a zombie army with GCS "tanks" and stuff like that. I'm surprised that nobody has suggested this, though it has been tried with dwarves before.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: February 06, 2012, 05:06:36 am »

Ah, strange. I've always encountered this problem when I had the materials in a creature a bit off... unless it was made of ice. Then it usually works as intended.

I'm still unsure why only the grave cats melt and nothing else, having gone through and messed with the raws.  At first I thought it was that they lacked immunity to their own poison, but that didn't do it.  I might end up rebuilding them from scratch because I'd really rather they not melt.

Oh, SethCreiyd, how are you going to handle the next version? You won't need all those adventurer reactions and special attacks anymore.

I'll probably replace them with whatever adventure-mode friendly interactions Toady One has come up with.  I'll try and make Necromancers a playable faction too, assuming they won't be from the start.  After that I'll see what kinds of custom interactions can be made and have fun with it.  I'd like to keep the blast attacks in some way.

I do want to come up with a Tinkering system to create new creatures via interactions.  I'm hoping the interactions are open-ended enough to create spells like stone to flesh, polymorph, summon demon, wrath of armok, that sort of stuff.

Interesting Mod. What are zombies used for anyway? Cannon Fodder?
Once, when I was playing sorcerers, I built a zombie army with GCS "tanks" and stuff like that. I'm surprised that nobody has suggested this, though it has been tried with dwarves before.

I see zombies as a war dog but better, since they're bigger and don't feel pain, but they don't breed.  They're scary in numbers, and good for killing berserk overseers, letting you know hostiles are present, and populating a dungeon/arena.  I'm getting rid of them with the next DF, though, in favor if whatever corpse-raising spells are available.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: February 06, 2012, 09:31:04 am »

The blast attacks can be done with a CDI:TARGET:X:TOUCHABLE.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 33