Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33

Author Topic: *Wizard Tower* (.36d) [for DF 31.25] - Multispectral  (Read 124306 times)

DarthBoogalo

• Bay Watcher
  • Wicked.
    • View Profile
Re: *Wizard Tower* (.36d) [for DF 31.25] - Multispectral
« Reply #465 on: March 06, 2012, 12:02:25 am »

I'm sure Seth is working on it right now, or maybe he isn't, I don't know.
Keep your trousers upon your waist!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: March 06, 2012, 12:05:23 am »

Seth has probably made more interactions than anyone else in the modding community already. Keep your hopes up. This mod relied on a lot of stuff that was completely rewritten in 34.01, so it's going to take a while.

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: March 06, 2012, 04:54:14 am »

Wizard Tower for 34.04 is a WIP, though it will be a sub-mod of Dwarf Chocolate .34, which is also a WIP.  Overall, things are progressing.

This is the current wizard creature raw, it depends on the interactions I posted over in the Spellbook thread.  It's pretty incomplete, they need more interactions and the ones they have need better durations and such.

Spoiler: Wizards (click to show/hide)

tj333

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: March 08, 2012, 09:19:38 am »

What is Dwarf Chocolate?

Keltiknight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: March 09, 2012, 07:09:44 pm »

Well, cannot wait to see the things you add in for DF 0.34.05.
First things first.  You're all soulless husks of what might have once been decent human beings, drafted into a sort of moral apartheid from your better natures in the pursuit of things made out of cute animals.  I love it.-Corvidae

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: March 12, 2012, 07:54:58 am »

Well, cannot wait to see the things you add in for DF 0.34.05.

I hope that you'll enjoy it, and that soon I can post it up  :)

What is Dwarf Chocolate?

It's everything that was part of Wizard Tower not explicitly dealing with the Wizards.  All those *_resource.txt files.  That mod has grown quite a bit in size and it's not really practical to have the Wizards stand alone anymore, there'd be many common files and only a few are needed solely by WT.

I need sleep but tomorrow resumes the finishing touches.  These are the new Wizards, much improved over the previous post:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #471 on: March 12, 2012, 02:19:30 pm »

Excuse me, I remember that your list in the spellbook was among the bigger ones. Did you manage to give a wizard an interaction/syndrome that can add interactions to others ? Somehow I fail to do so. I cant get the syntax right, the IT_ CDI_ and so forth. I cant name the interaction after the syndrome and only write: (CE_CAN_DO_INTERACTION) and thats it. Usually you do (CAN_DO_INTERACTION:interaction name) and that confuses the hell out of me.

EDIT: Aha, found it. (CDI:INTERACTION:interaction name). Question solved.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 04:26:08 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: March 12, 2012, 02:37:09 pm »

I want to turn my enemies into newts and they had better damn well not get better.

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: March 17, 2012, 02:18:50 am »

Still working, something in the Wizard Tower raws is causing worldgen crashes.  In the meantime, if you're interested, you can try out the new Wizards in Adventurer mode using Dwarf Chocolate.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: March 17, 2012, 02:23:59 am »

I've seen that some creature variations cause worldgen crashes.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: March 17, 2012, 10:11:28 am »

Does DF care about conservation of mass or are newts just heartless bastards?

Radiant_Phoenix

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE_CLASS:MODDER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: March 17, 2012, 12:48:11 pm »

I've heard this may actually come from not having caste-specific descriptions of the creature.

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: March 17, 2012, 08:26:50 pm »

I've heard this may actually come from not having caste-specific descriptions of the creature.

Well, a quick edit of the newt raws confirms this: putting caste names and descriptions at caste level seems to have fixed the problem.  Many thanks for the info!  It places some limitations on the Changelings and Shapeshifter secrets, but now at least it's clear how to get them to work.

I've seen that some creature variations cause worldgen crashes.

Thanks, that is good to know.  But all the new creatures are handled outside WT right now and only WT causes the crash.  I suspect one or more of the Wizard reactions' weird material products of being treated as a trade good and killing the game for it.  Testing should reveal the culprit, the crashes are regular enough to measure.

Does DF care about conservation of mass or are newts just heartless bastards?

Both, I think, though it seems above all else it values orderliness.

EDIT:  Testing suggests that if you transform a creature caste that does have a caste-level description (like the golem) into a casted creature that does not (like a human), the game crashes instantly without even needing to look at it.  But that could be due to the tissue layer colors, here's some more info:  http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=101508.0
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 10:45:22 am by SethCreiyd »

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: March 25, 2012, 01:25:46 am »

Wizard Tower is now included in Dwarf Chocolate .34h, though I'm leaving this thread and the old mod open for discussion and download.  I've tried to list the most substantial changes in the log.  The change is really a formality since WT is something like Chocolate's younger, more sociable sibling.

One day there'll be a stand-alone version of WT designed for cross-mod compatibility, but that'll take another while.

Spoiler: Changelog (click to show/hide)

I had to remove most of the strange "elemental essences" and other immaterial reaction products that were crashing the game, I guess when it tried to figure out how they should be traded.  The blast attacks are less vibrant for the time being, but the way they flow is a bit more spectacular and I'm working on a way for the magic to show up as a stream of shifting hues.

DarthBoogalo

• Bay Watcher
  • Wicked.
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: March 25, 2012, 06:16:31 pm »

Is it possible to do a Necromancer civ?
I think killing animalmen and raising them to build towers for you would be hilarious.  :P
But is that even possible to do without horrible bugs?
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33