Siren-ish with limited space age
- 1 (20%)
Krigg-ish with limited space age
- 1 (20%)
Other?
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 42

Author Topic: Planetfall: Sci-Fi strategy. The resurrection.  (Read 33601 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planetfall: Sci-Fi strategy. Turn 7.
« Reply #495 on: August 28, 2010, 09:03:32 pm »

The wail of sirens pierces an otherwise quiet day. Pre-flight tests have been completed, and a loudspeaker counts down from 10. As it hits 0, the large bomber on the runway launches for its maiden flight. Its mission: Rescue the captain.
---
Minutes pass, and the plane breaks free from Siren's atmosphere. Many people watching with baited breath give a loud cheer. Mankind has once more launched a manned mission into space.
---
The craft approaches the S.S. Faith, the gargantuan starship that brought humanity to the system. Its engines lie silent, in stable orbit over Siren. The bomber approaches the communications room, anchoring itself to the newly made makeshift airlock. Several people clamber on board, and the plane launches, preparing itself for the return trip. An explosion from the communications room rocks the ship as the bomber departs, and the massive arc is silent once more.
---
Those rescued are overjoyed to be saved, but they remorsefully inform the crew that Captain Frederick was killed in a firefight. May he rest in peace.

(A note on interception, there are no hard rules for it. If I feel that a stack is fast enough to reach a slow stack and engage in combat before it can leave, then it will. Yes, 1/1/0/9 fighters can be used to prevent an enemy from marching until the slower units get there, but they'll probably engage in combat first if ordered to go on ahead of their stack. This is one use for the March Under Fire order.

Any mistakes may be blamed on Cheddarius as they are brought to my attention. Oh yeah, and you might want to do something about him.)

Spoiler: Siren (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Light Green Neyvn (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Blue RAM (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: RAM Combat (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: White Techno65535 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Techno Combat (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Pink Abcullater_2 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Abcullater_2 Combat (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Krigg (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Orange Cheddarius (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cheddarius Combat (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Grey Knight Otu (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Knight Otu combat (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Red Wimdit (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Wimdit Unit Designs (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Wimdit Combat (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dark green Wolfchild (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 05:46:00 pm by Nirur Torir »

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: August 28, 2010, 09:52:42 pm »

What? There is no downgrading of units Furthermore, that equation only takes effect for units over the size cap. You must, however, pay extra for the weapons. The cost of 7 IP is correct.

The downgrade meant that if the 7IP was incorrect...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: August 28, 2010, 09:56:17 pm »

my soicopter goes roflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflrofl

For a moment there I thought Knight and Wimdit would team up against me. But, thankfully, my plans went through. All is well with the world.

Nirur, the problem with the (b) tag is there again.
Also since I plundered Knight's city, I should have 152 industry, I think. That one was my fault, actually, so I can follow orders.
Also, I forgot to send one of the planes to E12, but that's okay. Doesn't really matter.

Wimdit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: August 28, 2010, 09:57:12 pm »

Wait what? You're telling me I can't blow up my own cities? That would have been nice to know earlier. And, uh, I don't suppose I can change my orders to March Under Fire after the fact? Because I really figured that I'd get my moves regardless since there were only stupid planes in the way.

My Bricks have two move, so they should have been able to flee the Vault. They're of equal speed to Otu's fastest land units, and the planes are just converging on the Vault. One or two planes along the escape route should be immaterial.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 10:00:31 pm by Wimdit »

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: August 28, 2010, 10:07:11 pm »

Why is the city of D10 not listed as mine?
Don't think of it as being besieged by thralls/husks, think of it as having your own personal moat of life hating mutilated menaces

Now wall yourself in quickly

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: August 28, 2010, 10:17:23 pm »

Wait what? You're telling me I can't blow up my own cities? That would have been nice to know earlier.
In the rules, bro.
You can voluntarily raze one of your own cities, but it takes two turns.

And, uh, I don't suppose I can change my orders to March Under Fire after the fact? Because I really figured that I'd get my moves regardless since there were only stupid planes in the way.
...? If you want them to march under fire, you have to tell them to march under fire. It doesn't matter if it's a tank, a plane, or a small swarm of gnats, they'll stop to shoot at it.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: August 28, 2010, 10:31:46 pm »

RAM, I am offering the use of my Patrol Drones for defense and/or Counter attack for City I17, I ask for the possibility of trading Industry 4 for my Weapons Research (4)...

And am I wrong in saying that even after bringing weapons up to 4, my turret (4/1/0/0) is still costing me 7IP..???

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 12:39:16 am by Neyvn »
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: August 28, 2010, 10:33:30 pm »

Nirur, the problem with the (b) tag is there again.
Fixed, and it shouldn't come up again.
Also since I plundered Knight's city, I should have 152 industry, I think. That one was my fault, actually, so I can follow orders.
Not quite. I forgot to add in your remaining 5 IP somehow, I think.

Wait what? You're telling me I can't blow up my own cities? That would have been nice to know earlier. And, uh, I don't suppose I can change my orders to March Under Fire after the fact? Because I really figured that I'd get my moves regardless since there were only stupid planes in the way.

My Bricks have two move, so they should have been able to flee the Vault. They're of equal speed to Otu's fastest land units, and the planes are just converging on the Vault. One or two planes along the escape route should be immaterial.
The inability to raze your own cities instantly is precisely for this reason.
Sorry. I have to stick with the rules on this one, since the situation has changed drastically from when you ordered the movement.

Why is the city of D10 not listed as mine?
It wasn't last turn, either. I have added the resources you should have had from it last turn to your stocks.

New rule: A player may choose to lose the game at any time, destroying all of their cities with large explosions that destroy ALL units contained within, and all stored resources. All of their remaining units will take their cyanide pills and die instantly. This occurs at the start of the turn, before anything else happens. The city locations will be safe for other units entering it during the movement phase.

This is primarily in case anybody decides to do a force-vassalizing and treats the vassal poorly.

RAM, I am offering the use of my Patrol Drones for defense and/or Counter attack for City I17, I ask for the possibility of trading Industry 4 for my Weapons Research (4)...

And am I wrong in saying that even after bringing weapons up to 4, my turret (4/1/0/0) is still costing me 7IP..???
It would cost 5 IP.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: August 28, 2010, 11:04:46 pm »

It would cost 5 IP.
He's only got Weapons 2. So the weapons cost extra.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 11:22:42 pm by Cheddarius »

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: August 28, 2010, 11:19:57 pm »

It would cost 5 IP.
He's only got Weapons 2. So the weapons cost extra.
Researching to Weapons 4

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: August 28, 2010, 11:29:17 pm »

Researching to Weapons 4
Yes, but at the time of production you only had Weapons 2.

Nirur, could you explain the rules for force-vassalizing and battles with 3 mutually hostile enemies?

What's up with that line between Wimdit and Wolfchild? Does it mean 1 industry to each of them?

Is Wimdit allowed to still destroy his cities? I mean, they're mine now. If he could, nobody would ever be able to capture a city!

This (from wolfchild's turn) is absolutely bizarre. What does it mean?
Weapons 3
Engines: 3
Size: 3
3 RP left
Engines 2 (5 left)
Size Limits 2 (3 Left)
Armour 3 (0 left)
I get the first part, but what is the second part? He already has all those techs. And why does he have 5 left and 3 left?

Shouldn't my bombers be dead now?
Will my tanks in my newly captured cities heal this turn?

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: August 28, 2010, 11:34:54 pm »

Researching to Weapons 4
Yes, but at the time of production you only had Weapons 2.
Yes and now that I have Weapons 4, it costs less...

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: August 28, 2010, 11:46:46 pm »

Researching to Weapons 4
Nirur, could you explain the rules for force-vassalizing and battles with 3 mutually hostile enemies?
Force-vassalizing - Player 1 (probably) sticks units powerful enough to overcome the garrison into the cities of the guy he's trying to coerce into being a slave. If player 2 agrees, then player 2 will be player 1's loyal lapdog until he decides he's being mistreated and blows his cities up. Player 1's thuggish enforcers can be given orders to attack if player 2 does any number of things ... Like building lots of turrets, or failing to attack somebody.
Battles with 3 mutually hostile enemies will quite probably make my head hurt. Each force will be split in two temporarily, fighting in a triangle type thing in three simultaneous battles. After they are decided, a second match will ensue - Either a normal two person battle, or another three person battle, following the same rules.

What's up with that line between Wimdit and Wolfchild? Does it mean 1 industry to each of them?
Yes. I realized that I forgot to deal with that earlier. Nobody noticed, so I'm not retconning it.

Is Wimdit allowed to still destroy his cities? I mean, they're mine now. If he could, nobody would ever be able to capture a city!
He is not, or there would be a message in your events section.

This (from wolfchild's turn) is absolutely bizarre. What does it mean?
Weapons 3
Engines: 3
Size: 3
3 RP left
Engines 2 (5 left)
Size Limits 2 (3 Left)
Armour 3 (0 left)
I get the first part, but what is the second part? He already has all those techs. And why does he have 5 left and 3 left?
Huh, you're right. I'd thought he hadn't had them yet for some reason, and they were in the turn he sent to me. I'll refund his 5 RP.

Shouldn't my bombers be dead now?
Will my tanks in my newly captured cities heal this turn?
Hmm, you're right. Since cities experiencing unrest can't produce research, their refueling and repair facilities are offline. Your planes are dead.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: August 28, 2010, 11:58:28 pm »

You don't have Weapons 4. And you can't downgrade anyway, so it's a moot point.

Huh, you're right. I'd thought he hadn't had them yet for some reason, and they were in the turn he sent to me. I'll refund his 5 RP.
Huh? He didn't have enough to buy them in the first place. He had 6, right? So, he spent 3, and then spent seven more... wait.
Last turn he had 6 research. How is this possible? He would have had to have -1 research, +7 = 6 research.

Hmm, you're right. Since cities experiencing unrest can't produce research, their refueling and repair facilities are offline. Your planes are dead.
What about my tanks? Will they heal this turn?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: August 29, 2010, 12:00:55 am »

You don't have Weapons 4. And you can't downgrade anyway, so it's a moot point.
He will soon. Check his turn submission.
The downgrading comment was in-case his math was wrong, and it took more IP then he was willing to spend on it.

Huh? He didn't have enough to buy them in the first place. He had 6, right? So, he spent 3, and then spent seven more... wait.
Last turn he had 6 research. How is this possible? He would have had to have -1 research, +7 = 6 research.
I failed at proofreading. I refunded him the proper amount, I believe.

What about my tanks? Will they heal this turn?
They'll heal their standing amount of 1hp.

The research tables have been updated. They now line up nicely.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 12:03:48 am by Nirur Torir »
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 42