Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19

Author Topic: Repeated Omnicide RTD (Turn 22: Angels and Demons)  (Read 24456 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Repeated Omnicide RTD (Turn 20: Seriously? No, really?)
« Reply #240 on: August 18, 2010, 07:04:13 pm »

I'm out of apologies, which I suppose means I have nothing to apologize for.  I really do enjoy doing this, all evidence to the contrary (:

Ask me for clarification if any of this doesn't make sense.  Parts of it were done last week, but I *think* everything fits together.

Next time I'm worried about not doing your rolls justice, I'll just save some time and not try (:

EDIT: SON OF A MOTHER, forgot to update the title again.  AHA HA HAaaaa it's good to be back.

Quote from: Acikera
Fight it out!
[3]
Quote from: Cyberdemon
Crush the hero!
[2]
Acikera swings chaingun at Cyberdemon.  Hit!
Acikera swings chaingun at Cyberdemon.  Miss!
Acikera cancels mid-air-chaingun-bash: not enough energy.
Cyberdemon laughs!
Acikera has passed out!

Team Awesome
Heal him... watch out for any threats. ((Also someone has to auto for me for the next 2 weeks, just dont kill off my character.))
[3]
Aigas's artificial form begins to float, as wisps of dark energy flow from her pocket.  These combine in front of her into a vaguely humanoid form.  Features begin to emerge: A long billowing coat.  Thick gloves.  Some sort of tube-shaped device.  A set of glasses.
"...Scheisse.  This ist not 2fort.  Dumkopf Engineer."

Sirrush will launch a missile at the cyber deamon, then engage his wings and fly over it towards younger D, hit the deamon with my flamethrowers as i am doing this too
[6]
Sirrush launches a multi-missile, covering the cyberdemon in tiny explosions.  The over-the-top display blinds the demon, but is more showy than harmful.  The flamethrower-surfing over its head is similarly awesome but ineffective.  (see: demon).

Fire at those who are not Acikera.
[6]
Sir Bob pulls out his anti-ship missile launcher not intended for surface use.  You are underground, after all, and this cyberdemon is large enough to deserve the big guns.  Sirrush's showy multi-missile distracts and blinds the demon.  It fails to dodge what it cannot see, and Bob's missile hits it in a weak area.  This turns out to be unimportant, though - the missile is a mini nuke, designed to EMP ships.

[4][4][1] Through shielding and distance, Aigas and Sirrush are safe from the EMP (close one, Aigas).  Sir Bob, however, has managed to fry his power armor's strength augmentation.  He falls to a knee.  He may still fire his weapons manually, but movement is impractical.

At the end of a long trail of sparking processor banks, the Cyberdemon rises to its feet.  It tries to use its missile launcher arm, only to discover that it no longer has arms at all.  It begins cursing in a black tongue, words of power which cause portals to start forming throughout the chamber.

D interfaces with the remains of the network.  She reports that her former self has been killed by the EMP, and that the Earth's bombardment has ceased prematurely.  There may still be human alive on Earth.  She recommends evacuating the moon base immediately, if not sooner, preferably with Acikera.  Technically your mission requires either extracting or killing every human, Acikera included.

Team Sauce
Anyway, I head into the forest.
[6]
You pick yourself up, brush some dust off your robe, and pretend that you weren't just hit in the head with a hammer.
You follow Darrak Torran to the forest to the northwest and wait wait, that's The Giant's Forest.  You recognize the giant.  He is crushing trees as he walks west.  Since when is the Giant's Forest next to Onrac!?  You look around for Black Belt.  You don't see him, but you do notice Darrak Torran has found something interesting.

Snag the bags and follow along.
[6]
You grab everything not nailed down and on fire, including a hammer and some water.  Shortly thereafter you acquired a charred wet board with nails in.  You also gather a weighty amount of local currency, in denominations both great and small.
The sparkle of sunlight on the coins is enchanting, and you feel you must acquire more.  By any means necessary.

Follow the road to the northwest. Carry everyone on my back and arms if necessary.
[6]
You hustle hustle hustle everyone onto the road.  Vert you toss over your shoulder, so obsessed is she with counting her metal.
As you approach the Giant's Forest, through which the road travels, you see a giant towering over the forest, with his back to you.  You also notice that in your haste you picked up an orphan child.  He looks up at you with big teary eyes.  Crap.

I blob after them, using my psionic abilities to be a radar.
[5]
Using your finely honed psionic abilities (honed through repeatedly detecting and sometimes summoning demon entities) you scan the forest ahead.  You detect a weak mental signal.  You wonder if it belongs to the enormous green giant towering over the trees as it makes its way west.  The giant doesn't see your party.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 07:11:46 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: August 18, 2010, 07:13:25 pm »

Use my SHEER MANLINESS to cause boy to become MANLY via osmosis/diffusion. Also, keep an eye on the Jolly Green Giant.
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: August 18, 2010, 07:27:36 pm »

That forest should not be standing. I fix this mistake in the same manner as the first time.

Poor giant. He just wants to save his people from being used as weapons of mass destruction!
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: August 18, 2010, 07:42:10 pm »

"ok D", "Acikera, we need to leave now, I have D and this place is about to blow!", "Help me with the idiot wont you"

With or without Acikera's assistance, help Bob by draging him, and me to the fastest way out
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: August 18, 2010, 07:50:01 pm »

"Execute emergency command protocol: Delta, Omicron, Delta, Beta, Epsilon, Sigma, Phi, Eta, Gamma, one, one, seven, six, one, eight, three, eight, one."

I use the verbal command to reboot the suit's systems in emergency movement mode.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: August 18, 2010, 08:05:36 pm »

"ok D", "Acikera, we need to leave now, I have D and this place is about to blow!", "Help me with the idiot wont you"

With or without Acikera's assistance, help Bob by draging him, and me to the fastest way out

Yeah, Acikera (from this time):
1) Doesn't know you
2) Has several broken bones, including at least one arm
3) Is unconscious (:

But you don't need him, you can carry Sir Bob if necessary.

"Execute emergency command protocol: Delta, Omicron, Delta, Beta, Epsilon, Sigma, Phi, Eta, Gamma, one, one, seven, six, one, eight, three, eight, one."

I use the verbal command to reboot the suit's systems in emergency movement mode.

If only shouting at our equipment worked in real life, I'd probably be out of a job.
As it is, your action is thematically appropriate.  If it's a reference I failed to decipher it, though my greek alphabet is weak.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 08:08:20 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 18, 2010, 08:50:59 pm »

Dodbespeg? No idea.
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 18, 2010, 09:00:35 pm »

It was made up on the spot, no known reference to anything. Just seems like it should have an authorization code.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 18, 2010, 09:05:14 pm »

Activate orgia mode, then summon angel and use its healing magic to awaken and heal acikera
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: August 18, 2010, 09:11:46 pm »

Activate orgia mode, then summon angel and use its healing magic to awaken and heal acikera
Why? You do realize you just summoned The Medic don't you? Also, how would overloading yourself help matters any?
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: August 18, 2010, 09:12:20 pm »

Then what should I summon?
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
  • Never think twice. Or at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: August 18, 2010, 09:14:27 pm »

YOU ALREADY SUMMONED A MEDIC.

I portal the giant's organs outside of his body.
Well, you know how if you take your thumb and forefinger and hold them up to your eye, you can make it look like you're squishing someone's head? It's like that, only for real.
"Sometimes being a dwarf has it's advantages, KNEE-CAPPING TIME!"

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: August 18, 2010, 09:21:27 pm »

Fine, Repeatedly fire my 40mm grenade launcher at the demon. The medic will have to help with the wounded.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: August 18, 2010, 09:36:22 pm »

This is the guy Ochita/Aigas summoned, in case there was confusion.  He can get Acikera up and running by the start of next turn, at which point you can leave with him.  This gives Sir Bob a chance to get his armor working, though, or get carried back to the tram (Sirrush will assist Bob as necessary this turn, thanks Wolfchild).
She/they

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: August 19, 2010, 04:33:39 pm »

Finish counting my shinies and catch up with the others. Could backfire :P
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19