Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 19

Author Topic: Repeated Omnicide RTD (Turn 22: Angels and Demons)  (Read 24597 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Repeated Omnicide RTD (Turn 12: Hats Off to Eight Nineteen)
« Reply #150 on: July 12, 2010, 08:05:15 am »

Looks like we have everyone but Vert and ExKirby back, excellent.  Good to see you all.
Dragnar, yes, we have room for one person.  Post your character and I'll work it in next turn (won't be hard, heheh).

Verry politley requesd of D that she hack open the door, promising to stab the next available target with her, instead of incinerating it

I shall show these other people how it's done by hacking the system and spoofing one of D's ships.

Hack! HACK I SAY!

If & once everyone else fails to get it open...
Attempt to mentally pummel the computer controlling the door into submission.

This should work, but it would also alert everyone on that base to our presence.

If they get it open before I have to do that...
Ready my SDW cannon and scout around.

I could possibly even use my illusion device to make phantom ships to distract Young D's guards as I teleport our team into the Luna installation.

This is a delicate operation with two parts. 
1) Sirrush will use D's credentials to log in to the docking computer.  If that fails, Sir Bob will fool the computer into seeing the shuttle as a D-ship. 
2) Once the computer is accepting commands, Aegas will enter the system and operate the door.
If steps 1 or 2 fail, Schilcote will flood the computer with "open" commands.

[5] D seems happy to help.  She logs in effortlessly, then makes a new account for Aegas.  [4] The password is "SirrushRox"
[5] To be safe, Sir Bob finishes his spoofing attempt.  Or rather, his spoofing success.  It's so successful that the computer immediately begins opening the door to let your shuttle in.  Might not be fast enough though.
Aegas jacks in authenticates with the docking computer.  Seeing the airlock door already in motion, she attempts to divert power to speed it up.  [2]  Yeah, that didn't work.  Still, the door will be clear... mostly...

The scream of rending metal is instantly muted by a torrent of rushing air.  The shuttle is careening now, ricocheting off one wall and then another.  Warning klaxons blare and a polite female voice says "Prepare for fatal deceleration..."
[3] You're floating in pitch darkness.  You activate a light but can't see the beam, there is nothing reflecting it back to you in any direction.  It feels like a vacuum but, now you hear a faint sound, what is it, it's getting closer, you can't see it, it's so loud it hurts

Sirrush, Sir Bob, Blobby, Aigas, and Darrak Torran: You are floating in a small unpressurized docking bay.  A few red lights provide weak illumination.  The layout suggests there should be artificial gravity, yet there is not.  The remains of the shuttle are embedded in the far wall, the air twinkling as it continues to pour out (but much slower now).
Blobby managed to teleport you to "safety".  He is sure he grabbed Alexander Kirby and Vert, yet they are nowhere to be seen. 

Acikera wasn't close enough for Blobby to grab... his remains should be in the shuttle wreckage.

D tells Sirrush, "This is wrong.  The battle never went so poorly that I had to shut down gravity.  Except for ", a chuckle, " temporary tactical purposes."  Her tone becomes serious again. "Sir, I recommend finding a terminal of some sort and giving me physical access, when you get a chance."

And that's that!  What you gonna do?
I'll get to the status page today, but it's basically correct except for location.  You're all fine (unless you're lost in a screaming void).  If you want to describe how exactly you move around in a gravity-less vacuum, that's cool, but not required.

Dragnar, character template is on the first page (:
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 12, 2010, 08:22:35 am »

Hmm... I know a character who's PERFECT for destroying humanity repeatedly.

Character Name: Black Mage
Humorous Callsign: any insult you can imagine
Cool Sci-Fi Equipment (go nuts): an awesome hat and a blue robe. Do not touch the hat.
Primary Skill: Hadouken
Secondary Skill: Destructive magic
Unskill: Getting hit
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 12, 2010, 09:07:27 am »

Hmm... I know a character who's PERFECT for destroying humanity repeatedly.

Character Name: Black Mage
Humorous Callsign: any insult you can imagine
Cool Sci-Fi Equipment (go nuts): an awesome hat and a blue robe. Do not touch the hat.
Primary Skill: Hadouken
Secondary Skill: Destructive magic
Unskill: Getting hit

You have as many thumbs up as you want for this.

[5] D seems happy to help.  She logs in effortlessly, then makes a new account for Aegas.  [4] The password is "SirrushRox"

I think D is warming up to me ;D

My action is to inform the others of what D said, then find a terminal using my "Omniwave visual enhancer" to compensate for lack of light and using my flamethrowers as jets to get me there(my mechanical wings are probably not going to be of much use in a low density atmosphere, getting lower), avoiding incinerating my allies of course
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 09:25:52 am by wolfchild »
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 12, 2010, 09:22:15 am »

I use my suit's mini-thrusters to maneuver to the wall next to the way further in, then activate the magneto-clamps on my boots and practice walking around with them.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 12, 2010, 04:34:55 pm »

I put the EVA gear on & try to find an exit into the main base.

I also try to sense any enemies that might be lying in ambush.

Stephinians are not nearly as telepathic as even the weakest "telepathic races", but they do have some latent ability which can be trained. An operative with specialized training (the sort that Darrak wouldn't have) can even make use of radar by emitting electromagnetic pulses.

WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 12, 2010, 04:41:50 pm »

Scan for any electronic signitatures
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 12, 2010, 08:26:47 pm »

I switch to my suit supply of oxygen to be safe, and attempt to figure out where the hell I am.

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
  • Never think twice. Or at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 13, 2010, 03:09:17 am »

I psi-scan for lifeforms, and attempt to portal Acikera's corpse to me so I can steal loot salvage his equipment.
Well, you know how if you take your thumb and forefinger and hold them up to your eye, you can make it look like you're squishing someone's head? It's like that, only for real.
"Sometimes being a dwarf has it's advantages, KNEE-CAPPING TIME!"

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Repeated Omnicide RTD (Turn 13: One thousand thousand slimy things)
« Reply #158 on: July 13, 2010, 01:24:52 pm »

My action is to inform the others of what D said, then find a terminal using my "Omniwave visual enhancer" to compensate for lack of light and using my flamethrowers as jets to get me there(my mechanical wings are probably not going to be of much use in a low density atmosphere, getting lower), avoiding incinerating my allies of course
[1] Sirrush finds several terminals along the wall, but they are dark and silent.  Emergency power is going only to the red emergency lights and... whoops, they just went out too.

I use my suit's mini-thrusters to maneuver to the wall next to the way further in, then activate the magneto-clamps on my boots and practice walking around with them.
[6] Sir Bob has no difficulty navigating the wall.  Clonk!  Clonk!  Clonk!  *CRUNCH*
He seems to have accidentally ripped the door from the wall with his foot.  Inside is a very small dark room, looks like a unpressurized airlock.

I put the EVA gear on & try to find an exit into the main base.

I also try to sense any enemies that might be lying in ambush.

Sir Bob found (and wrecked) the exit.
[2] Darrak Torran puts his fingers on his temples and concentrates.  He isn't any more away of enemies than he was before.

Scan for any electronic signitatures

[1] Nothing at all, this place is dead to EM scanning.  Wait, contact!  A high energy reading, and it's close!  In fact, it's right on top of... oh, that's you.

Meanwhile, in the pitch-black wreckage of the shuttle, Acikera regains consciousness.  "What is that SMELL?"
He pushes off of something kinda round and soft.  Despite the complete lack of light, this thing is somehow even darker.  "Woah, who's that?"
The lump of darkness mutters angrily about the end of all things, and replaces its hat.
"Well, whoever you are, I'm glad you're so fat or I might not have survived.  Thanks."
Black Mage has joined the party!

I psi-scan for lifeforms, and attempt to portal Acikera's corpse to me so I can steal loot salvage his equipment.

Because clearly what this universe needs is more screaming voids!
[6] First you psi-scan for lifeforms.  Hey cool, it's a terrible abyss full of dark fire and chanting eyeballs!  You're not sure what they're saying, but it sounds like an invitation.  You reckon they're near the center of the moon, which is rather far away. 
[1] (Um, wow.  I wasn't expecting... ok.)

Blobby attempts to portal Acikera's corpse to him for "salvage".  That doesn't happen.  Instead one ceiling of the bay crumbles into dust, revealing a void which shimmers despite being pitch black.  Like the evil stone.  From this abuse of space and time emerges a hulking mass of muscle and clockwork.  It seems to have: "Armor, Armor, Steampunk arm, Armor, BIG FRAKKING LAZOR, Orbital Bombardment Strike.... the usual."  In its mostly organic left arm you see Vert.

It shouts "INSTANT DEAAAAAAATH" and flings Vert at Blobby, hard.

Is this the end for our heroes?  Probably not.  Although I'm sure Blobby could open up some more portals if you really want.  First though, RUN OR SHOOT?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 01:27:25 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 13, 2010, 01:37:50 pm »

Noticing the danger, Sir Bob launches himself from the floor towards the thing, activating his monomolecular energy blade and setting it to the longest setting. He aims to decapitate the thing, using his suit jets to increase his speed.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 13, 2010, 01:55:28 pm »

(Note: If/when I die, I ask that Sarda arrive, tell my character he's helping get rid of all evil, then blow him up. Repeatedly.)

I mutter angrily about an all-powerful sage, then take out my anger on the giant monster that just showed up. With knives. Lots of knives.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 13, 2010, 02:01:50 pm »

Foe detected. Assessing risk. Risk level: high Activating Orgeia mode, summoning Persona: Black frost!

Use a very powerful ice attack
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 13, 2010, 02:12:14 pm »

black frost? I don't think I've seen that one... is it in persona 3?(I'm still only about 2/3s of the way through that game. Orgia mode is rarely worth it though...)

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 13, 2010, 02:33:58 pm »

(Yep persona 3. Plus it only really gets good with the )
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 13, 2010, 02:37:16 pm »

SHOOOOP DA WHOOOOOOP

Fire the SDW cannon at the enemy while backing away.

Darrak's SDW cannon is powerful enough to knock down buildings.
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 19