Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19

Author Topic: Repeated Omnicide RTD (Turn 22: Angels and Demons)  (Read 24580 times)

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Repeated Omnicide RTD (Turn 10: Bigger Guns Nearby)
« Reply #135 on: July 08, 2010, 09:03:11 pm »

WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Repeated Omnicide RTD (Turn 11: Sorry Don't Make It So)
« Reply #136 on: July 09, 2010, 09:35:22 am »

Hm.  I'm going on Bike VA until next Wednesday, but I think I'll be able to continue updating.
Not posting a turn for yesterday though, since only 3 actions are in (possibly since I put the turn up at like 4PM instead of 9AM-Noon like I planned).
I'll check again tonight.
[1] Bike VA turns out to be a *beast*.  Too tired to do turns by phone.  Then you get back and [1] are still so tired that "It can wait till tomorrow right".  [1] (same) [1] (same) [1] (same) [1] Visit relatives.
[1] Slack off for a while, then [4] come back.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
ExKirby hasn't posted in a long time.  Alexander trips and falls into a poorly-guardrailed pit.  Is this the end for our hero??

Sirrush stands in the doorway saying "Go go go!" as the others board.

Sir Bob activates a navigation display and plots a relatively safe course to Luna.  You may even avoid being spotted by Young-D's ships.  The marine borders' primitive crafts are long destroyed.

Darrak Torran takes the controls.  He finds them very intuitive.  Good thing, as PAL won't be able to fly you remotely.

Blobby pulls some snacks from... somewhere.  Want one?

Aegas boards the shuttle.  She is a robot.

Acikera hesitates a moment before boarding.  What is he, scared?

Soon the shuttle is within a few miles of Luna.  Sir Bob summons a schematic of the moon.  Three viable entry points are highlighted:
1) An armored airlock for shuttlecraft.  Too tough to shoot in, but if you can fool the docking systems you could make a covert approach.
2) A cargo bay loading dock.  Its large door is very fragile.
3) An open exhaust port.  It's the size of an elevator shaft.  Scans indicate it hasn't been used for days.

There is EVA gear in a locker.  If you weren't already vacuum-capable, you are now.

As you're deciding what approach to take, the console beeps a warning and scrolls to a scoutship that was on the far side of Luna.  You are on its patrol route!  It is lightly armed, but with futuretech.  It will likely spot you before you make entry, but maybe if you hurry...

Vote on an entry approach, and do what you can to avoid the scoutship.

Edit: I still can't remember to change the subject line to save my life.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 09:39:11 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 09, 2010, 10:22:57 am »

Option 1. I can hack it (Well, my character thinks so), the robot can hack it, and the sword can hack it.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 09, 2010, 10:48:27 am »

Option 1. I can hack it (Well, my character thinks so), the robot can hack it, and the sword can hack it.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 09, 2010, 01:14:38 pm »

I vote we either hax in through the docking bay or zip in through the vent.

Either way, I attempt to boost the engines with memetic energy (it's like salt, it makes everything better!). We should get in to where we're going as fast as we can.

BTW, Stephinians don't usually need atmosphere for anything except speech, but Darrak might feel some minor effects from O2 deprivation since he's got a chemical metabolism. He should be fine while he's running on raw memetic energy though.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 09, 2010, 06:26:08 pm »

Entry Option 1, Also fully enclose my mower armour's helmate, effectivley becoming EVA gear, im not gonna be able to wear EVA gear over it now am I
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Repeated Omnicide RTD (Turn 11.5: Push The Tempo)
« Reply #141 on: July 11, 2010, 09:07:41 am »

4 votes out of 7 for option 1.  The hacking approach it is!

Unfortunately that scout ship is getting closer fast.  Darrak Torran pushes the tempo, speeding the shuttle, but is it enough by itself?
[6] Well, yes.  You're safely out of the scout's patrol route.  You're also decelerating as fast as possible, which isn't enough to avoid hitting the airlock unless it's open in about 15 seconds.

Fortunately Sir Bob opened a connection to the docking computer.  You can all make your own attempts to open the airlock.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 11, 2010, 09:42:17 am »

If & once everyone else fails to get it open...
Attempt to mentally pummel the computer controlling the door into submission.

This should work, but it would also alert everyone on that base to our presence.

If they get it open before I have to do that...
Ready my SDW cannon and scout around.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 11, 2010, 09:47:23 am »

Verry politley requesd of D that she hack open the door, promising to stab the next available target with her, instead of incinerating it
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 11, 2010, 09:55:59 am »

Hack! HACK I SAY!
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 11, 2010, 11:42:59 am »

I shall show these other people how it's done by hacking the system and spoofing one of D's ships.

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
  • Never think twice. Or at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 11, 2010, 09:46:22 pm »

I offer to teleport the hacker in with my portal device.
Well, you know how if you take your thumb and forefinger and hold them up to your eye, you can make it look like you're squishing someone's head? It's like that, only for real.
"Sometimes being a dwarf has it's advantages, KNEE-CAPPING TIME!"

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 11, 2010, 09:59:26 pm »

There still room for more players here?
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 11, 2010, 10:37:33 pm »

Hang on a sec, here's a thought. Will the airlock even be able to open in 15 seconds? It's "heavily armored", and armor heavy enough to take a hit from an SDW cannon is pretty goddamn heavy. If Spartan can portal one of us in, can he portal ALL of us or even the entire craft?

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
  • Never think twice. Or at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 12, 2010, 03:34:17 am »

I could possibly even use my illusion device to make phantom ships to distract Young D's guards as I teleport our team into the Luna installation.
Well, you know how if you take your thumb and forefinger and hold them up to your eye, you can make it look like you're squishing someone's head? It's like that, only for real.
"Sometimes being a dwarf has it's advantages, KNEE-CAPPING TIME!"
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19