Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3253 3254 [3255] 3256 3257 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3695008 times)

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile

They didn't make any more.
Obvious.

The bastards.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

Internet speed dropped from 100Mbps to a mere 30.

A few years ago I would have been happy with 30 but right now the drop is infuriating D:

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile

A few years ago I would have been happy with 30 but right now the drop is infuriating D:
I-I have 5 :c
And everything runs well

8 here, though I'll be forced to upgrade soon - the current contract is on the old tenant and expires soon, and new customers can only go as low as 10. Painfully enough, for double the fee. As in, they raised it across the board.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha~

I would sell my soul to Satan himself to get 30 megabytes of Internet speed for a day.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

What kind of soul are we talking here.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

The eternal one. Unblemished, all the bells and whistles. I won't need it if I have an Internet connection literally ten times faster than anything else in this country.
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have 50 and I'm fine.

Mbps, that is, not souls. I have less of those, although I accept donations.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

The eternal one. Unblemished, all the bells and whistles. I won't need it if I have an Internet connection literally ten times faster than anything else in this country.
...unblemished how? I mean, even the most putrid soul you'll taste is worth more than one that's pure only through inaction. Also has more practical applications but you're not supposed to talk about that >_>
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

...unblemished how? I mean, even the most putrid soul you'll taste is worth more than one that's pure only through inaction. Also has more practical applications but you're not supposed to talk about that >_>
The cleaners were very thorough.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

They didn't make any more.
Obvious.

The bastards.
Wh... what else would they have been able to make them about?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

It seems like you're saying being putrid requires action while purity doesn't, and give many attachments as if some things define the soul. :P
Y'all are silly with your idea of souls.

* Tiruin looks up in her ill state.
...I can see the large gap in [internet] here in the Philippines, when the normal speed is ~20-100 kbp/s. Mine is the 20. Kbp/s. :v
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 07:35:20 pm by Tiruin »

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile

I have, like, 2.  On a good day, if I stay up till 4 a.m.  Normally, I can measure mine in kb/s.  What do you even do with 40 mb/s? 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

Not wait for pages to load, mostly.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

That's a lot of old quotes.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile

Not wait for pages to load, mostly.
But with 1 mb/s they don't take long to load.  With 30 mb/s you could load several browsers worth of tabs in moments. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.
Pages: 1 ... 3253 3254 [3255] 3256 3257 ... 3345