Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3246 3247 [3248] 3249 3250 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3696401 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: FahRAGEheit Edition
« Reply #48705 on: January 07, 2015, 11:25:08 pm »

... the thought of it being 20.2 degrees outside makes me want to stab someone in the eyeballs. If you're using decimals in casual conversation, something has probably gone terribly wrong.
There's currently a wind chill of -14 here. That's too fucking cold no matter how you look at it.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #48706 on: January 07, 2015, 11:27:35 pm »

Today it was -30. But only after the warm moist air blew in and heated the place up.
This is, of course, C. Because if you're somewhere that gets that cold, you're using C.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48707 on: January 07, 2015, 11:30:35 pm »

Today it was -30. But only after the warm moist air blew in and heated the place up.
This is, of course, C. Because if you're somewhere that gets that cold, you're using C.
Aside from Alaska, Northern Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Montana...

Looks like only Florida and Hawaii have never gotten that cold.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 11:33:42 pm by MaximumZero »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #48708 on: January 07, 2015, 11:31:09 pm »

Aside from Alaska, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Montana...
:P
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #48709 on: January 07, 2015, 11:35:58 pm »

And at -40, it becomes a moot point because it's the same in both scales: TOO FUCKING COLD.

Currently, it is 16F (-8.9 C) outside, with a wind chill of OH GOD MAKE IT STOP

EDIT: And before you cryogenic Yetis start taunting me, bear in mind that I'm a Southerner. We don't have that protective layer of dead, frostburnt flesh that you freaks do.
Come see me in midsummer and then we'll see whose tougher, when I'm happily coping with 98F and 98% humidity (Mostly by not moving, and breathing through my skin.)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 11:39:28 pm by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #48710 on: January 07, 2015, 11:37:26 pm »

It was about -20 F windchill here in Iowa, which is to say approximately as cold as wherever the hell flabort is. I love this weather though. Snooowwwwwwwww
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48711 on: January 07, 2015, 11:37:55 pm »

And at -40, it becomes a moot point because it's the same in both scales: TOO FUCKING COLD.

Currently, it is 16F (-8.9 C) outside, with a wind chill of OH GOD MAKE IT STOP
Wanna trade? We're set to have an unholy powerful blizzard tomorrow. Schools are already cancelled.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #48712 on: January 07, 2015, 11:41:31 pm »

Schools are delayed here. No snow, just delayed because it's that cold.
Kids be all like, "Fuck that noise, I'm not waiting for the bus unless it's got a heated tunnel like at the airport".

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48713 on: January 07, 2015, 11:45:49 pm »

School was closed early here because the predicted windchill was something like -40 degrees F, so thats fun for those in my family who still deal with school.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48714 on: January 07, 2015, 11:50:23 pm »

Same here, both my brother's schools got cancelled sometime this afternoon. Though you'd think Northern Ohio would be a bit more used to the cold. It is -8o F (-22.2o C) here, with the wind chill (the winds sent by the vengeful spirit of Aeolus himself we get 'round these parts from the late fall to mid-winter) pushing it down to an effective -21o F (-29.4o C). Fuck this place.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #48715 on: January 08, 2015, 12:04:06 am »

Fuck the whole Midwest. Its lack of topography means we're second cousin to the damn tundra when the wind comes up, which is ALWAYS.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48716 on: January 08, 2015, 03:58:05 am »

Okay, why the FUCK did I go and read Liveleak comments? There's a damn good reason that they're hidden by default.
Now I'm hungover and angry instead of just hungover. These morons deserve to be starring in one of these gore videos as the victims, not commenting on them from the comfort of their homes. Fuck.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #48717 on: January 08, 2015, 04:48:37 am »

Pffffff, all you need in cold weather is just a little bit of exercise. I used to ride a bike when it was > -10°C, so at -30°C I guess you just need to add few more burpees and stuff, right? :P
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48718 on: January 08, 2015, 07:15:27 am »

Yay, cold raging! It is -26C outside, -37C with windchill, the walk to work has numbed my legs and stabbed my face. It hurts to breath, and now my asthma is acting up due to lung irritation from the bitter cold. Everyone who complains about snow can stuff it, when it snows it is AT WORST -15Cish, usually more around -10C, it's the clear days that'll get you. Excuse me while I go hug a mug of coffee.

@Sinistar when you hit about -20C, nothing matters anymore, the cold will stab your face, the wind will cut you down. Start sweating from exerting yourself? Excellent, more moisture to freeze your face off.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #48719 on: January 08, 2015, 09:07:37 am »

Fuck the whole Midwest. Its lack of topography means we're second cousin to the damn tundra when the wind comes up, which is ALWAYS.

And now this morning the wind is howling so loud I can hear it from my bedroom downstairs.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 3246 3247 [3248] 3249 3250 ... 3345