Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3244 3245 [3246] 3247 3248 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3696354 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: THE CALCIUM GATES OPEN Edition
« Reply #48675 on: January 07, 2015, 08:29:12 pm »

Weather report is calling for a low of 10F tonight and a high of 28F tomorrow.

It's not going to be above freezing for at least 36 hours. This is unacceptable. We had a deal, Nature -- you don't try to kill me, I don't set your forests on fire for heat.

Yeah, sorry about that.  I had to leave my home in the cold mountains to visit Florida with family.  I called in a few favors, made some prayers.  I didn't think Gaia would go this far.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: THE CALCIUM GATES OPEN Edition
« Reply #48676 on: January 07, 2015, 08:31:39 pm »

This is unacceptable. We had a deal, Nature -- you don't try to kill me, I don't set your forests on fire for heat.
You broke your side of the bargain first :P Well, that and you usually leave forests up for heat. Windbreakers and whatnot.

... also nature doesn't keep to deals. She just lets you think she does to get you to let your guard down, and then wham. Roots in your lower intestine.

E: Ooh, it totally is going to freeze here tonight, too. First time this year! And it's forecast to not get higher than the upper 30s tomorrow. Be back up above freezing the day after, but *shrugs* Frumple will take what frumple can get. At least unless I luck upon the ability to manipulate meteorological phenomena. Then I'll take much, muuuuch more.

Uncontent to merely punish me with temperatures more suited to our Yeti brethren in Canada, the bitch has added a near-constant 20mph wind to the mix. A wind powered by the rage of Boreas that cuts through fabric and flesh alike.

Every single time I got back inside my car this evening, my thawing was punctuated with a stream of profanities mostly consisting of staccato variations on the word "FUCK!"

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #48677 on: January 07, 2015, 08:40:46 pm »

So apparently buying minecraft twice using the same email address fucks everything up something awful. I can't access realms anymore, and certain anti-cheat protections on servers ban me forever because it thinks I'm using a pirated version. Tech support has been unhelpful because this is the way people try to get free copies of minecraft.

This is exactly why everyone should just play the pirated versions of games to begin with.

You're going to get locked out by anti-piracy measures either way, so why waste your money on the official version.

EDIT:
Yo ho ho. Bottle of rum. Information wants to be free. We are amonymous. V for vendetta. etc. etc etc.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 08:44:30 pm by Bohandas »
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #48678 on: January 07, 2015, 08:49:14 pm »

So, I learned a fun winter fact today.

At ~0 degrees Fahrenheit, most gas station air pumps, those stress-saving devices of the road, completely fucking freeze and become non-functional. Something about moisture in the lines turning to ice. Just what you want to find out as you're desperately trying to fill a tire at 7:30pm before it goes completely flat and collapses on itself, leaving you stranded in weather cold enough to freeze Satan's balls solid. Thank god I went in and actually asked the gas station attendant if it was frozen solid, instead of taking the sign on it saying so at face value. It was the 3rd gas station I'd tried before I found one that worked.

And on that note, FUCKING FLAT TIRES. This is the second one in less than a month. At least this one was a slow leak, instead of a catastrophic failure, and it's mostly my fault since I knew about it for two days but was sorta hoping (stupidly) that the weather would warm up before I got up at the ass crack of frozen dawn to do something about it. *sigh* I guess I shouldn't be surprised, these are 8 year old tires that probably still have 70% of their tread left....but I should probably just suck it up and buy a whole new set, so I don't get the fucking joy of two more flat tires this year.

Small extra bit of rage, I had to ditch on a game of SPACE HULK to get home in good order. ><
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 08:56:28 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #48679 on: January 07, 2015, 08:50:46 pm »

That's why you should use Celsius. It's a system that makes sense!
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48680 on: January 07, 2015, 08:52:01 pm »

Winter gives no fucks about your Celsius.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #48681 on: January 07, 2015, 08:54:04 pm »

Yeah, but it's still a better system. Just factually superior. ^^
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #48682 on: January 07, 2015, 08:56:59 pm »

Nenjin, where are you from again?
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

the1337doofus

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #48683 on: January 07, 2015, 08:58:16 pm »

Yeah, but it's still a better system. Just factually superior. ^^
Maybe better for scientific experimentation, but for day-to-day, casual temperature? Fahrenheit is far, far more precise. Although I'll agree that 32 as freezing temperature is a tad silly.
Quote from: /k/
Multiple babies means that the force is distributed per baby, so less force total per baby.
burning dwarves is a sign of productivity

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48684 on: January 07, 2015, 08:58:42 pm »

'murica

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #48685 on: January 07, 2015, 08:58:54 pm »

I fail to see how, considering it has a coarser degree of accuracy (100 degrees in a spectrum where Fahrenheit provides 180 degrees).

Admittedly, Celsius does a better job on the low end of conveying just how fucking cold I *think* it is. But 40 degrees being hot? Seriously?

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48686 on: January 07, 2015, 09:01:35 pm »

I never knew the Fahrenheit system existed until I was eight. I feel I could have gone on not knowing forever with no impact on my life whatsoever. Celsius just makes sense and has meaningful reference points[0 is freezing, 100 is boiling] instead of whatever bullshit Fahrenheit uses as its reference points. Although I personally prefer Kelvin to either, because negative numbers are silly.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48687 on: January 07, 2015, 09:02:42 pm »

'murica
'oooh, oooooh, it's coooooo-' BITCH, SITTDOWN. CANADA. WE USE CELSIUS AND ARE IN ETERNAL COLD. IT WAS -30o IN THE MORNING WAITING FOR A BUS. IT GOT COLDER AS THE DAY WENT ON.

Also, rage:
I HATE THIS SEASON
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: FahRAGEheit Edition
« Reply #48688 on: January 07, 2015, 09:04:55 pm »

I don't honestly care how cold it is where you are. Your cold means shit to me. My cold means everything and all to me. I'd rather be dead than cold, so on the relative scale of coldness, Canada is just more deader. Basically from November until.....April? every day I wake up going "How badly do I actually want to be alive and go outside?"
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 09:06:30 pm by nenjin »

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: FahRAGEheit Edition
« Reply #48689 on: January 07, 2015, 09:06:21 pm »

My point is, Winter most likely does care about Celsius.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
Pages: 1 ... 3244 3245 [3246] 3247 3248 ... 3345