Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3217 3218 [3219] 3220 3221 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3701314 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: SSB (Super Serious Business) Edt.
« Reply #48270 on: December 28, 2014, 11:45:11 pm »

The shift managers (who are actually pretty cool) are starting to get in serious shit for not getting their order times down. The thing is, it's kinda hard to get orders filled with any sort of quickness if you have two kitchen people in the entire restaurant, one of whom is also trying to get a bunch of other stuff done.

Also, local minimum wage is getting raised... by $0.15/hr. That's +$1.20 for an eight-hour shift, +$12 per check if I drop out of college and somehow get 40 hours a week (I'd maybe get 30... over my boss' cold dead body). And I just know, I can feel it in my bones, that the housing authority will raise the rent just enough that it'll be like that meaningless increase never even happened. GEE, THANKS LADS.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 11:47:55 pm by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: SSB (Super Serious Business) Edt.
« Reply #48271 on: December 29, 2014, 01:34:25 am »

My wisdom teeth story is that I had my wisdom teeth removed, and a bit of my tongue removed at the same time. Because the orthodontist found some white tissue on my tongue, and because there was a possibility it was cancer he was obligated to remove it. Really I'm pretty sure it was scar tissue from biting my tongue at some point in the past. I also find it kind of strange that my dentist found it completely unremarkable yet the orthodontist thought 'OMG it could be Cancer I must remove it'.
But yeah, that left my mouth and tongue really swollen. And you can still see where part of my tongue was removed.
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

the1337doofus

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #48272 on: December 29, 2014, 02:24:21 am »

Went to brush my teeth after reading GO's post. Found a doggy potty accident in the hallway. Spent 20ish minutes cleaning it up. Spent another 10 cleaning my room and the kitchen. Was promptly told by my little bro that I need to "go the heck to sleep". Went back to my room.

Remembered what I came out of my room to do. Goddamnit!
Quote from: /k/
Multiple babies means that the force is distributed per baby, so less force total per baby.
burning dwarves is a sign of productivity

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #48273 on: December 29, 2014, 02:27:04 am »

My teeth might hate me.

Nine years since dentist visit.

Stupid life constraints.

-a haiku about Tawa's declining oral health
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #48274 on: December 29, 2014, 02:31:17 am »

Flossing's just as important as brushing. And get yourself some mouthwash too, just in case.

Brushing removes the surface bacteria and bacteria poop, flossing removes the stuff between teeth, then mouthwash is just going genocidal on all the acid-shitting bacteria.

Y'know, this is too much effort. I'll just do it the easy way.

* Orange Wizard chugs bleach.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #48275 on: December 29, 2014, 02:33:44 am »

Leave it to the professionals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdRV8pUIkBE
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #48276 on: December 29, 2014, 04:56:40 am »

I am 27, and never removed any wisdom teeth.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #48277 on: December 29, 2014, 04:59:39 am »

Considering you're not a dentist, I'm glad.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48278 on: December 29, 2014, 05:00:01 am »

My wisdom teeth story is that I had my wisdom teeth removed, and a bit of my tongue removed at the same time. Because the orthodontist found some white tissue on my tongue, and because there was a possibility it was cancer he was obligated to remove it. Really I'm pretty sure it was scar tissue from biting my tongue at some point in the past. I also find it kind of strange that my dentist found it completely unremarkable yet the orthodontist thought 'OMG it could be Cancer I must remove it'.
But yeah, that left my mouth and tongue really swollen. And you can still see where part of my tongue was removed.

Wtf? Are they allowed to do that sort of thing without your consent?

"Oh sry we found something weird while doing surgery so we cut it off. Bye!"

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #48279 on: December 29, 2014, 05:07:28 am »

Well, when my appendix was removed the doctors found some sort of second appendix apparently and they cut that out too, so...

My wisdom teeth are going out soonishly. Not sure exactly when.

E:
Googling tells me that it's not actually a second appendix. It's called a diverticulum of Meckel, vOv
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 05:13:15 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48280 on: December 29, 2014, 05:12:45 am »

some sort of second appendix apparently
"Oh we found this big bag of acid in you that's pretty much an accident waiting to happen so that's got to go."
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 05:16:35 am by Graknorke »
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48281 on: December 29, 2014, 05:35:34 am »

The orthodontist found it before the surgery and warned that he was gonna take it out, but I didn't get a choice.
"So, I found some white tissue on the side of your tongue, and it could be cancer, so I have to ask: do you smoke or chew? No? Well, I gotta take it out anyway."
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #48282 on: December 29, 2014, 05:48:29 am »

Fun fact: I had five wisdom teeth. Yes, five. I also had to go in twice. Once for the uppers, and again for the lowers.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #48283 on: December 29, 2014, 06:15:14 am »

... just remember to get them checked occasionally. I didn't have any problems myself until shortly before getting them removed, but it turned out by that point they had all badly decayed and should have been taken out something like 3-4 years earlier. Was definitely a bit of a "whoops."
Um. Yeah. I'll bear that in mind.

* Orange Wizard frantically brushes his teeth.
Flossing's just as important as brushing. And get yourself some mouthwash too, just in case.

Brushing removes the surface bacteria and bacteria poop, flossing removes the stuff between teeth, then mouthwash is just going genocidal on all the acid-shitting bacteria.

Whoah, easy there, you don't want to cause fluor damage to your mouth. Everything in moderation, people.
Love, scriver~

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #48284 on: December 29, 2014, 06:16:43 am »

... just remember to get them checked occasionally. I didn't have any problems myself until shortly before getting them removed, but it turned out by that point they had all badly decayed and should have been taken out something like 3-4 years earlier. Was definitely a bit of a "whoops."
Um. Yeah. I'll bear that in mind.

* Orange Wizard frantically brushes his teeth.

Whoah, easy there, you don't want to cause fluor damage to your mouth. Everything in moderation, people.

What about radiation poisoning?

I guess if it's moderate you might have a small chance of getting super powers rather than just dying horribly.

Cyanide?

Mm... Same problem.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.
Pages: 1 ... 3217 3218 [3219] 3220 3221 ... 3345