Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3216 3217 [3218] 3219 3220 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3700878 times)

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: SSB (Super Serious Business) Edt.
« Reply #48255 on: December 28, 2014, 09:01:52 pm »

I had two necessary dental surgeries at the time, and so they did them simultaneously: They broke my jaw, and removed my wisdom teeth. While you're recovering you can at the very least count your blessings that you don't have to live through the recovery from that.

I was thankfully dead to the world for the entire procedure.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: SSB (Super Serious Business) Edt.
« Reply #48256 on: December 28, 2014, 09:04:32 pm »

... just remember to get them checked occasionally. I didn't have any problems myself until shortly before getting them removed, but it turned out by that point they had all badly decayed and should have been taken out something like 3-4 years earlier. Was definitely a bit of a "whoops."
Um. Yeah. I'll bear that in mind.

* Orange Wizard frantically brushes his teeth.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #48257 on: December 28, 2014, 09:09:46 pm »

And my parents have decided to ignore the advice of all the therapists, and breaking their own promises that they would stop trying to control my life, and have decided to take away my computer and unplug the internet at noon every day. All of the rest of the holidays, and for school as well.

Edit: Guess who just got a ten minute lecture about how I should be treating this week like a school week and spend all day doing schoolwork? Me. And then my dad told me he didn't want me to think that he is trying to control me.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 09:21:20 pm by Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum »

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #48258 on: December 28, 2014, 09:25:41 pm »

Edit: Guess who just got a ten minute lecture about how I should be treating this week like a school week and spend all day doing schoolwork? Me. And then my dad told me he didn't want me to think that he is trying to control me.
Do you even have enough homework to constantly be working on it all day every day for all week during a holiday break? That seems reaaally unrealistic.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #48259 on: December 28, 2014, 09:27:44 pm »

Do you even have enough homework to constantly be working on it all day every day for all week during a holiday break? That seems reaaally unrealistic.
I have no schoolwork at all to do. My teachers wanted us to have time off...

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48260 on: December 28, 2014, 09:34:17 pm »

I had two necessary dental surgeries at the time, and so they did them simultaneously: They broke my jaw, and removed my wisdom teeth. While you're recovering you can at the very least count your blessings that you don't have to live through the recovery from that.

What condition did you have that required breaking your jaw?
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #48261 on: December 28, 2014, 09:39:51 pm »

I... don't think it's really a condition, per se? Sometimes that's just what it takes to get the wisdom teeth out. Depends on how they've grown in and what the roots are like, from what I understand. If you've had the x-rays they should already know if it's going to take something like that, I think, and would have told you. It it wasn't mentioned, you should be fine~
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48262 on: December 28, 2014, 09:42:22 pm »

I got pretty lucky with the genes that determined my whole mouth structure. And by lucky I mean I was born with several teeth that never showed up, and not enough space for all of the ones that actually did show up to the party. My bottom jaw didn't line up very well with my upper jaw either. I had to have a good deal of dental work done just to make sure that I didn't end up breaking my molars from stress due to the fact that they were basically the only reliable teeth I had for my developmental years.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48263 on: December 28, 2014, 09:43:54 pm »

I'm not sure about Wilfor, but I had getting my jaw broken as an alternative to headgear and braces.  I had a really serious overbite when I was young, to the point that I could actually bit the roof of my mouth with my lower jaw.  Five years with braces merely moved it to the point where my lower teeth are just behind my upper teeth.  I still have a serious lisp as a result of all that. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #48264 on: December 28, 2014, 09:44:08 pm »

Brain, please stop making me remember falling and breaking my arm. Those are flashbacks I dislike massively and make me feel weird and sad and visibly shaken.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #48265 on: December 28, 2014, 10:02:52 pm »

Think about happy things. Like water, and flowers and shit.

It's funny, I've fallen really hard a few times but I've never broken a bone except for some teeth when I was younger. But they were baby teeth and were gonna leave anyway...

Maybe it's because I have bones made out of pure calcium because I drink milk almost every day. Who knows.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #48266 on: December 28, 2014, 10:03:55 pm »

Shit isn't happy. Silly IronTomato.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48267 on: December 28, 2014, 10:06:11 pm »

Well, that all depends on if you've been constipated recently or not.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #48268 on: December 28, 2014, 11:22:33 pm »

I was knocked out by gas for my wisdom teeth removal and have zero recollection of anything between the time they put the mask on and coming to after the procedure.  Also very little soreness later.  I ate buffalo wings that night with no problem, and was completely normal at work the next day.

So some people get horror stories and for others it's no big deal.  I wouldn't worry too much.  Chances are it won't be too bad.
It has everything to do with your mouth in particular. Some people have more wisdom teeth that need to come out, some fewer. Some have relatively simple roots to the teeth, some have insane wicked spirals. Some people heal relatively fast. Some stays sore and bleed for a couple days. Some dentists are professionals. Others are butchers who do their trade in your mouth.

You don't really know until you're actually in the chair and they're talking to you. I'd recommend the gas. I passed on it for my wisdom teeth and did epic amounts of Novocain instead and it was not pleasant.

This basically. When they took my Punk Tooth (my lower wisdom tooth that grew sideways) they had to crack/drill it up into crack it up into smaller pieces before removing them, and I got through that with only local... Pain-killing (whatever the correct word is). I do not like to think of what that could have been like with a worse dentist, so I'm thankful for that.
Love, scriver~

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48269 on: December 28, 2014, 11:30:08 pm »

Anesthetic.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.
Pages: 1 ... 3216 3217 [3218] 3219 3220 ... 3345