Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3218 3219 [3220] 3221 3222 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3700847 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: SSB (Super Serious Business) Edt.
« Reply #48285 on: December 29, 2014, 06:37:07 am »

Radiation - in moderation - is necessary for us to live. Generally, if you imbued enough of something to get poisoned, you have not taken the "in moderation" part to heart :P
Love, scriver~

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: SSB (Super Serious Business) Edt.
« Reply #48286 on: December 29, 2014, 06:37:08 am »

-Sigh-, I remember on the first forum I joined, I ended up with several PM threads that were enormous. In one of them, each individual post was so long it almost took up the entire page, (rather than here, each PM basically started its own thread) and they took so freaking long to write... I think one of them was about 30 pages long, then we had to make a new one which ended up with about 50 pages. Nothing too crazy, but it was fun. I was active all over the entire form, the GFX, the writing, the artwork, the main discussion, the serious discussion, the forum games, everything (except the announcements.)

I was oh so much more sociable back then, and I met some really amazing people, but it was a different time, a different place...
Oh to be there again.

-Melancholy-

Spoiler: My Rage (click to show/hide)

*Edit* If you're wondering where that random stuff about PMs just came from, for some reason Bay12 decided it wanted to send me back 400 pages (I should pay more attention. It's done it once or twice before). There just happened to be talk about PMs there, which I was responding to. Godamnit Bay12!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 06:40:20 am by UXLZ »
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #48287 on: December 29, 2014, 10:35:44 am »

Wow.

This, especially the physical part, sounds like a child abuse. Can anything be done about it?
Regardless, stay strong.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48288 on: December 29, 2014, 10:57:24 am »

Fun fact: I had five wisdom teeth. Yes, five. I also had to go in twice. Once for the uppers, and again for the lowers.
...How?
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48289 on: December 29, 2014, 10:58:45 am »

I think there are eight wisdom teeth isn't there? Just most people only need 2 or 4 removed?

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48290 on: December 29, 2014, 11:32:40 am »

I think there are eight wisdom teeth isn't there? Just most people only need 2 or 4 removed?
Apparently 4 is normal but some people have more or less, according to Wikipedia.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #48291 on: December 29, 2014, 11:34:21 am »

Wow.

This, especially the physical part, sounds like a child abuse. Can anything be done about it?
Regardless, stay strong.
The physical part doesn't really happen anymore, and I doubt it qualified as abuse, so I don't plan on doing anything about it. I was just trying to say that if you do that to a small child without them knowing what they did, they aren't going to understand.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48292 on: December 29, 2014, 12:13:27 pm »

Man, did I luck out in the wisdom teeth department.  I've only got one, and it's just been chillin' up there for 30-some years and doesn't seem to want to be arsed to go anywhere anytime soon. 

My SO, on the other hand, had to get all four yanked and then had to go back in for an additional oral surgery to get a "bone spicule" removed.  And the numbskulls over there did not correctly diagnose that she had a dry socket for over a week after the surgery.  It was ... an unpleasant time. 

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #48293 on: December 29, 2014, 12:28:33 pm »

The police response in NYC to the death of those officers pisses me off. They've taken those deaths and basically just turned around the Ferguson issues as their stance on it. "Blue lives matter." I like how they take clearly guilty criminal behavior and try to act like they need to march about it. Fuck. You. People. Fuck you for missing the point entirely. Fuck you for trying to invalidate criticisms of police by just co-opting everyone else's slogan, no matter how fucking stupid it makes you look. Fuck you for closing ranks instead of cleaning house.

We're so fucked as a country, as long as law enforcement acts like this. They won't shed a tear for the many killed by their own hands "in the line of duty". But try to call them on their shit and suddenly a dead cop is a martyr for a non-existent cause. No one is nationally calling for police to be killed. But fuck if that won't stop them from marching like there is. This blue wall of solidarity bullshit needs to end. The police as a fraternity is essentially the reason we have the problems we do, because they're a fucking social club with their own rules and justice, except they have the power to kill any fucking citizen when they want.

Again, what's bullshit here is they're trying to draw a comparison between two assassinated cops, killed by honest to god law breakers, and cops blowing away unarmed civilians and children. THERE IS NO COMPARISON YOU MOTHER FUCKERS, QUIT LOOKING FOR ANY EXCUSE YOU CAN TO WEASEL YOUR WAY OUT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES TO THE PUBLIC. The fact cops die in the line of duty IS NOT AN EXCUSE OR A JUSTIFICATION FOR ALL THE MURDER THEY COMMIT. IT'S JUST FUCKING NOT.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #48294 on: December 29, 2014, 04:12:51 pm »

They're used to people letting them get away with this shit though.  The reality is they can say all that bullcrap and a majority of the people who listen will accept it.

Hopefully the recent rounds of protests are different.  I don't really know, I'm too young to know if this is cyclical or if the Eric Garner outrage is genuinely a new thing.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #48295 on: December 29, 2014, 04:19:49 pm »

Maybe we should put the US on a 99-year lease to England, like China did with Hong Kong.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48296 on: December 29, 2014, 04:34:23 pm »

The last saturnday got rid of the guilt pain of the crash. The ladies car is already fixed and I feel lighter.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #48297 on: December 29, 2014, 05:39:39 pm »

Maybe we should put the US on a 99-year lease to England, like China did with Hong Kong.
Gods, not england. England's been privatizing, setting itself up to go down the exact path the US has. Maybe some other nation, but not the UK.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #48298 on: December 29, 2014, 05:41:09 pm »

Gods, not england. England's been privatizing, setting itself up to go down the exact path the US has. Maybe some other nation, but not the UK.

Feel submissive, да? :D
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #48299 on: December 29, 2014, 05:46:10 pm »

... I have no idea what those strange runes mean.

But not particularly? I'd just be perfectly fine with aping another system if it were doing better than our own. Unfortunately, UK's been trying to ape the US over the last while, from what I understand, when it comes to law enforcement, so that'd be kinda' defeating the point of gratuitous plagiarism.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 3218 3219 [3220] 3221 3222 ... 3345