Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3024 3025 [3026] 3027 3028 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3693155 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Take a deep breath Edition
« Reply #45375 on: October 28, 2014, 12:56:43 am »

You lost the cat. You lost the fucking blind IN DOOR cat. YOU LOST THE GODDAMNED CAT OUTSIDE WHERE SHE CANT SEE AND DEFEND HERSELF. FUCK YOU PIECE OF FUCKING SHIT IGNORANT COUSINS. YOU JUST FUCKING DOOMED A CAT. I HOPE YOU ARE FUCKING HAPPY YOU LITTLE SHITS. IM MAKING FUCKING SURE YOUR LIFE IS HELL NOW. FUCK YOUR WIFI, YOU CAN FUCKING THINK WITHOUT ANYMORE.
Force them to stay outside till they find her?

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #45376 on: October 28, 2014, 01:47:24 am »

Theres no fucking point, the little shits didnt pay attention the first time and I was already gone for 12 hours. I don't give a fuck anymore where they go I'm done with them.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #45377 on: October 28, 2014, 03:13:31 am »

Wow, that's bad. Still I hope you'll find her or she finds her way home. Cat's can be pretty resourceful, even if injured like yours... I hope for the best.

Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #45378 on: October 28, 2014, 04:06:18 am »

The let a blind cat outside? That is many layers of stupid.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45379 on: October 28, 2014, 04:47:45 am »

frozen bullshit continues

welp

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #45380 on: October 28, 2014, 05:54:29 am »

I dunno, there's a chance she just hid somewhere nearby if she got scared and stayed there.
Love, scriver~

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45381 on: October 28, 2014, 07:04:10 am »

I'm tired of peoples, especially nerds (we should know better, come on), and their damnable "high and mighty" act, particularly in regards to humans and sexuality. Like bug off people, stop judging other peoples bloody choices, they aren't harming you. There's something about people and the internet where they just love trashing anyone different, yet not so long ago, us nerds WERE what was different.

(for context, so I'm not vaguebooking (except not facebook, but whatever it's a good term), I made the mistake of reading the comments on an article about twitch banning topless streaming.
Geek-girl shaming makes me sad. You know, you can be attractive AND intelligent AND sexual AND enjoy video games. Why do we think that anyone that trys to combine these is just a sham?).

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45382 on: October 28, 2014, 08:06:39 am »

Because is too good to be real? And generally when one thing seems to be too good to be real, it is too good to be real.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #45383 on: October 28, 2014, 08:09:38 am »

My flatmate. My fucking flatmate.

He's dumb. He's lazy. He's an "entrepreneurship" major who's taking six credit hours this term and at least six years to graduate. Is this because he's also working full time, you ask? No, his dad runs an accounting firm in the second-biggest city in the state, and these are on-campus apartments, they aren't the cheapest option around here. Instead he just sits in his room, all the time, and smokes weed...smokes vast amounts of weed...I'm pretty sure he's never not stoned. You walk into the living room at 4 PM on a Tuesday afternoon? Smells like weed, from smoke that has leaked under two doors. He's done harder stuff, too- one time we were out driving around getting groceries and he started telling me a story that started with "One time I was driving around town at 3 AM coming down off a shroom high..." That's the last time I ever catch a ride with you...

He throws parties. Parties in the living room at 1 AM with fifteen people all screaming at each other and noise metal blasting from his room. Keep in mind I try to maintain an early-to-bed/early-to-rise sleep schedule. I think way better at 8 AM than I do at 8 PM, my mind is much much clearer. Two Fridays ago he promised me that I would have advance warning of any parties that would be taking place in the living room. Great, that's good...if need be I'll kip on my friends' couch...This Friday I went to sleep at 10 PM in preparation for a nice long day of studying the following morning. At midnight I am woken up by fifteen people all shouting drunkenly at each other. Go out of my room- which, mind you, is the closest one to the living room, so that only a thin wall separates the two- and ask this idiot what all the fuss is about. Get some nonsense about a party being thrown and an exhortation to "just go to sleep, dude." I can't sleep. I was sleeping, and now I am not; that is why I am grilling you now. "Go sleep in [other flatmate]'s room." Fuckwad. Other flatmate shut him right down. I tell him to keep it down, he tells me to "just deal with it, it's a Friday night..." I finally get to sleep at 4 after the noise metal quiets down.

The next day he's all smiles and high-fives and "what's up, bro?" It's the most dishonest thing I've ever seen. Maybe that's just because I'm not really from around here- my family are old New England money whose money got pissed away by my grandmother. We don't smile unless we mean it. The smiles are endless in Oklahoma, which is nice, except that you can't tell if someone's really smiling at you or if they'd rather have you drawn or quartered. Maybe that's why I resent him so much- he is a lazy, ostentatious moron from west of the Mississippi and he will make more money than I ever will. You want to know why America is in decline? Exhibit A, the death of the aristocracy and the rise of Western nouveaux riches...

So all right, I say. I'll go talk to the powers that be. But the powers that be are purposely incompetent. The resident director of an 800-person complex of college students is already a full-time grad student. Her office hours? 10-2, Tuesday and Thursday. I'll be talking to her today because I have a free period during that time. They'd rather not do anything, of course. They've set it up so that it's impossible to get anything done if you have a roommate problem. There's more dishonesty for you- writing rules that you have no intention of enforcing. I'm going to have to figure out how much to play hardball. On the one hand, reserve and politeness are only to be expected. On the other hand, I feel like they've thrown me under the bus- I presumed, based on the survey about living habits they made me do in my housing contract, and the fact that the housing handbook guarantees me a right to sleep, that they would put me with people who would respect my sleep schedule. The Resident Director has put forward the disclaimer that they have very limited rooms available and that they may not be able to find me new flatmates who will respect it. Tough, I say- the onus is on you to do what you promised, not on me to pick up the pieces from your logistical incompetence. That's the funny thing about the modern West- its rational, enlightened philosophers have magical powers that the alchemists and astrologists of old could only dream of. They couldn't get an ounce of gold from their lead, no matter how much they toyed with their beakers; while we can find any old thing, and if we write it on a magical piece of paper under the heading Human Rights, it suddenly pops into existence, as if it had been created by God at the dawn of time, permanent and unyielding as the laws of physics.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45384 on: October 28, 2014, 08:10:20 am »

did i miss the part where topless stopped to mean barechested

and that twitch decided to become a service whose goal was delivering content of a sexual nature

because hell, those two sure are new to me. i must be living under a rock

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #45385 on: October 28, 2014, 08:17:18 am »

Theres no fucking point, the little shits didnt pay attention the first time and I was already gone for 12 hours. I don't give a fuck anymore where they go I'm done with them.

Don't give up on it man. Stay and call, it's worked for me every time one of my cats has gone missing. It can't have gotten very far in its state.

And after you find it, slap your cousins.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45386 on: October 28, 2014, 08:21:16 am »

did i miss the part where topless stopped to mean barechested

and that twitch decided to become a service whose goal was delivering content of a sexual nature

because hell, those two sure are new to me. i must be living under a rock

Don't get me wrong, I'm not for or against twitch banning it, I'm opposed to the holier-than-thou reactions of people in comments about it, and the standard condemning of geek girls, and all that jazz.

Edit:

Because is too good to be real? And generally when one thing seems to be too good to be real, it is too good to be real.

I'm.... not sure how to respond to this. I know many incredibly nerdy women who are also attractive. They're not exactly mythological creatures or anything.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 08:33:04 am by timferius »

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #45387 on: October 28, 2014, 08:36:58 am »

Tits sell to the male gaming audience. I don't really like being baited like that, so I wouldn't watch. Sort of why I don't go to Hooters or Twin Peaks. But it's a woman's right to use her own body how she wants, including for financial gain. Likewise, Twitch has the right to enforce to the kind of content they find appropriate for their site. (Given how many kids watch Twitch streams, that should be a gigantic "No shit Sherlock.")

That said, if you're going to those lengths to get views on Twitch, mmmmmmaaaaaaaayyyyyyyybbbbbbbbeeeeee you've taken the need for success a little too far.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 08:42:04 am by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45388 on: October 28, 2014, 08:57:11 am »

Yeah I'm sure you do, and knowing them in person is one thing, you can be sure they are. On the Internet... everyone is batman or an ex marine/deltaforce.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: See you in Matrimony Edition
« Reply #45389 on: October 28, 2014, 08:59:27 am »

Nenjin~ Listen to your wallet~ It's telling you to quit~

You mean listen to people trying to tell me what to do with my body, under the totally hypocritical justification that my habit should be singled out among fast cars, guns, booze and wellness-obliterating work-life balance?

Fuck 'em.
This reminds me of a rage.  I used to smoke these wonderful flavored cigarettes.  All sorts of different flavors.  Lime, orange, vanilla crème, Scotch, strawberry ...  And then the fucking government decided that shit had to be illegal because it was tempting children to smoke or some such bullshit. 

SO TELL ME AGAIN WHY HAVING 50 DIFFERENT KINDS OF FRUIT/CANDY/WHATEVER FLAVORED VODKA IS OKAY?
Pages: 1 ... 3024 3025 [3026] 3027 3028 ... 3345