Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3006 3007 [3008] 3009 3010 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3695852 times)

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: See you in Matrimony Edition
« Reply #45105 on: October 23, 2014, 07:44:19 pm »

Hubris overload?

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45106 on: October 23, 2014, 08:45:21 pm »

Why is it that whenever I find a cool artist, they always end up being a terrible person?

Jokes on them, I'm a terrible person and a terrible artist as well!
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45107 on: October 23, 2014, 09:01:07 pm »

This day has been the most rage-inducing I've had for some time >:(

I'd rather not get into specifics, but suffice it to say that there were a great many people that I would have happily run over. Twice. And then park on top of for good measure.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #45108 on: October 23, 2014, 09:03:45 pm »

son of a biiiiiitch guuuh *frustration*

so I have several friends in high school, because I'm a friendship slut and that's how I roll. Well, one of them converted to christianity! I add the shout pole because this is good news, in case you see this as equivalent to moral ebola.

Well, he has decided that the best way to understand scripture is to get rid of all his friends like a fucking corrupt wayne enterprises board or some shit. He, as a close friend of mine, has told several other close friends of mine that they're all going to hell. Probably because of some dumb shit. For extra fun, I am almost certain this is his mom speaking through him (you know the sort, white woman concerned with a can-i-speak-to-the-manager haircut), so that adds another layer of complexity.

I haven't heard his side of this, but I'm going to assume this is going to be some really morally complicated situation and uuuugggghhhh I don't want to deal with it holy shit

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #45109 on: October 23, 2014, 09:34:22 pm »

Why is it that whenever I find a cool artist, they always end up being a terrible person?
You need to understand that attitude is separate from talent due to the vast variance of how the psyche works, complemented by what is generally known as EQ. :P
...And to look for more cool artists. Because the terrible person cool artist person only makes up the nigh minority of cool artists.
Because 'always' isn't a thing here :<

so I have several friends in high school, because I'm a friendship slut and that's how I roll. Well, one of them converted to christianity! I add the shout pole because this is good news, in case you see this as equivalent to moral ebola.

Well, he has decided that the best way to understand scripture is to get rid of all his friends like a fucking corrupt wayne enterprises board or some shit. He, as a close friend of mine, has told several other close friends of mine that they're all going to hell. Probably because of some dumb shit. For extra fun, I am almost certain this is his mom speaking through him (you know the sort, white woman concerned with a can-i-speak-to-the-manager haircut), so that adds another layer of complexity.

I haven't heard his side of this, but I'm going to assume this is going to be some really morally complicated situation and uuuugggghhhh I don't want to deal with it holy shit
Oh dear :/ Misunderstanding on his side of the virtues and rationalism...
That ain't right.

Best thing is to talk to him, and where he got those ideas from...(and pretty much use better wording -.- 'friendship slut?')

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #45110 on: October 23, 2014, 09:46:27 pm »

No offense, but your friend sounds like a tool. Be glad religion outted him for you.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Redzephyr01

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferrum Cor
    • View Profile
« Reply #45111 on: October 23, 2014, 09:50:45 pm »

You need to understand that attitude is separate from talent due to the vast variance of how the psyche works, complemented by what is generally known as EQ. :P
...And to look for more cool artists. Because the terrible person cool artist person only makes up the nigh minority of cool artists.
Yeah, I probably should have worded that better.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45112 on: October 23, 2014, 11:08:28 pm »

The 8) smiley is infuriating. It pretty much never gets used, and it messes up perfectly good brackets. There's an option to turn it off, but it's easy to forget.

Edit: Okay, I somehow forgot what triggers it. That was dumb. It's still annoying, though.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 11:10:53 pm by Elephant Parade »

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #45113 on: October 23, 2014, 11:12:55 pm »

I saw that edit.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

blazing glory

« Reply #45114 on: October 24, 2014, 12:02:41 am »

I saw it as well.

I don't like it either, it always ruins my (8)'s in my forum games when I forget to turn it off.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45115 on: October 24, 2014, 12:45:53 am »

My new iPhone is reminding me why I dislike Apple products. To paraphrase the support page:
Sometimes the wifi toggle just breaks for no reason. To fix this:
1. Turn the device off and on again.
2. Reset your network settings.
3. Consult an alchemist.
The alchemist Genius told me to buy a new phone. Thanks, Apple.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #45116 on: October 24, 2014, 12:46:20 am »

Oh dear :/ Misunderstanding on his side of the virtues and rationalism...
That ain't right.

Best thing is to talk to him, and where he got those ideas from...(and pretty much use better wording -.- 'friendship slut?')
The wording is suppose to sound that way Tiruin, it's a joke.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45117 on: October 24, 2014, 03:30:45 am »

Stupid self.
I fucked around too long and now I'm running late for stuff. I need to catch the next train into the city, rush over to a Mexican restaurant to redeem my free burrito, cram that in my face then hurry back to catch another train, find my way to a bar I've never been to and hope I haven't missed too many of the bands by the time I finally get there.

Stupid, disorganized self.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #45118 on: October 24, 2014, 05:13:32 am »

Careful.

In my experience, speed eating burritos do no favors to the lower half of the body.
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45119 on: October 24, 2014, 05:57:04 am »

I had their 'medium' salsa instead of the hottest for precisely that reason. :P
Things worked out in the end. In other news, can someone link me to the Drunk Thread? I'm on my phone and can't dig it up.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 3006 3007 [3008] 3009 3010 ... 3345