Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2798 2799 [2800] 2801 2802 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3687976 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

Hackers.

They're on steroids, remember?

*gif of van exploding*
No dude, it's PCP. Always PCP, remember?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So this group of people with a botnet took down Battle.net, PSN, Path of Exile, and League of Legends(I think) last night. Today, they redirected a plane that had the CEO of Sony on it by telling American Airlines there is a bomb on it. Now they're tweeting pro-ISIS stuff. What the hell?
Huh, I was wondering why I couldn't sign into PSN last night. I was actually going to google it, but was distracted and ended up playing Sims 3 instead. Well, half-playing, half-watching Youtube videos.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile

So this group of people with a botnet took down Battle.net, PSN, Path of Exile, and League of Legends(I think) last night. Today, they redirected a plane that had the CEO of Sony on it by telling American Airlines there is a bomb on it. Now they're tweeting pro-ISIS stuff. What the hell?
Iraq Episode 2: ISIS Strikes back?
._.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile

Na, ISIS don't give a crap about video games. Much more likely, the idiot who did it realized after the fact that he just committed terrorism, and so now will have the NSA and DHS on his case, not just the FBI, and so is trying desperately to throw them off his trail.

Though if it were ISIS, that would be hilarious. "So, brothers, how can we inflict pain upon those American devils?"  "I have the perfect plan... We disrupt their ability to log into World of Warcraft." "... Yes. This is a great plan."

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am just having a pissy hard time with Youtube lately. Occasionally, the video and the entire firefox browser, just hardfreezes. The video is still going, but frozen and I can hear it.

The only way out is to ctrl+shift+escape and hardclose the firefox process, and restart it.

I have no idea what's causing it, and I have no idea how to fix it, and it's pissing me off.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

My car is on it's last legs. Wheels. Whatever  :-\

It's a toss-up between getting a brand new engine and getting a new(ish) car, and the new(ish) car is only slightly more expensive and will probably last a hell of a lot longer.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile

Na, ISIS don't give a crap about video games. Much more likely, the idiot who did it realized after the fact that he just committed terrorism, and so now will have the NSA and DHS on his case, not just the FBI, and so is trying desperately to throw them off his trail.

Though if it were ISIS, that would be hilarious. "So, brothers, how can we inflict pain upon those American devils?"  "I have the perfect plan... We disrupt their ability to log into World of Warcraft." "... Yes. This is a great plan."
This group actually took down WoW (and PoE) because some random streamer was playing it. That makes it funnier, though...

Molly Renata

• Bay Watcher
  • Just an obnoxious fangirl.
    • View Profile

I am extremely and irrationally angry about something that is not only trivial as hell, but is also related to something I was trying to keep secret.

I'm not sure if I'll be able to keep it secret much longer though. This is really pissing me off.
Molly Renata, also known as gyppygirl2021.
Fangirl. Beware random references to old and obscure games.
I'm a dumb hipster who plays older Dorf Fort versions. Mostly DF2010 and 40d. I also make and play a lot of silly mods, and find my own ways to have Fun.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am extremely and irrationally angry about something that is not only trivial as hell, but is also related to something I was trying to keep secret.

I'm not sure if I'll be able to keep it secret much longer though. This is really pissing me off.

* LordSlowpoke paps

this too shall pass

Molly Renata

• Bay Watcher
  • Just an obnoxious fangirl.
    • View Profile

....yes, especially considering the fact that it's a few lines of dialogue from a couple of unimportant characters in a game I don't even care for.

(I did say it was trivial...)
Molly Renata, also known as gyppygirl2021.
Fangirl. Beware random references to old and obscure games.
I'm a dumb hipster who plays older Dorf Fort versions. Mostly DF2010 and 40d. I also make and play a lot of silly mods, and find my own ways to have Fun.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile

Honestly? It probably has more of an impact on J. Random Dude's life than any more traditional act of terror. If I had to pick between hacking WoW to death and, say, hijacking a plane - HACK AWAY.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

replace the facebook main page with "hacked by osama"

the west would dissolve into anarchy in a matter of days

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

Honestly? It probably has more of an impact on J. Random Dude's life than any more traditional act of terror. If I had to pick between hacking WoW to death and, say, hijacking a plane - HACK AWAY.

Terrorism isn't about the quantity of affecting people's lives but also the quality of how you do it. It's supposed to spread fear, not just inconvenience people.

Allthough I do look forward to the day the president proudly (but somberly) announces the War on Inconveniencism.
Love, scriver~

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

Allthough I do look forward to the day the president proudly (but somberly) announces the War on Inconveniencism.
The war on nebulous open-ended conflicts!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 05:20:33 am by Graknorke »
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile

The war on nebulous open-ended conflicts!
now thats something i could get behind
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it
Pages: 1 ... 2798 2799 [2800] 2801 2802 ... 3345