Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2685 2686 [2687] 2688 2689 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3704156 times)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!

Find a bottle brush. Clean your sinuses.

In a sane and rational way involving steaming saltwater!

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

You can only visit the modding subforum of a paradox game if your account has the game key registered of that game.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

That's what I prefer to do anyway, way more convenient than actually having access to the modding forums.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Went to the DMV last night to get a NYS photo ID. Wait two hours to be called, pay $9.50, and I get an interim ID while I wait about two weeks for it come in the mail. I needed the photo ID to get my nonfiling verification from the IRS.

Then my mom remembers that my Benefits card, which has my photograph on it(albeit an embarrassing one), is valid photo ID. This card she also had on her when we went to the IRS.

Going to the IRS this morning, Benefits card in hand, I meet with the same woman from before. She starts giving me crap, completely refusing to believe the repeated failures of their automatic systems, then goes to her manager to get permission to do it(she did not do this before), and when she finally does get me the verification letter(took 10 seconds to print), she also mentions that she's putting a note in my account history that I'm forbidden to ever come back to the IRS office in order to get a verification letter. While I doubt the actual legality of that, I just think she was a Grade-A bitch.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

Fuck NY. I hated everything about that place, but the state government is the worst.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Fuck NY. I hated everything about that place, but the state government is the worst.
IRS is federal. In fact, the DMV wasn't all that bad, it was just the inevitable wait.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile

I want to sleep so badly, but I know that if I even close my eyes for a second I will be asleep until 7 in the afternoon and this attempt to fix my sleep cycle will be ruined.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

I want to sleep so badly, but I know that if I even close my eyes for a second I will be asleep until 7 in the afternoon and this attempt to fix my sleep cycle will be ruined.

Fight the sleep demon brother!

Protip: Food = energy. Don't eat until you're full, because that will make you sleepy, but eat enough that you get a little energy rush. People that work 24+ shifts will tell you that food is essential to staying awake.

Also finding a game that doesn't leave you much time to let your mind wander can keep you awake.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

And a hot drink may help.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile

RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE for today:

So, that article Toady linked was pretty cool. Made me think about how awesome it is that instead of, for example, buying 20 silk caps from merchants put there during design selling infinite numbers of caps that came out of nowhere, except they're telling you they're from the City of Wizards or whatever, the merchants come with only 20 silk caps that were actually made during history in the City of Sorcerers.

The actual anger, though, comes from the fact that the comments section almost immediately devolved into criticizing the game for its ASCII graphics and the fact that monkeys can't learn to understand the interface over the course of three seconds.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Criticizing for ASCII...graphics.
Monkeys...and some fact involving them?

Que? o-o Those don't even seem like 'comments'.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile

I was exaggerating.

A lot of people were all like "woah it's cool that the world gens like this but the graphics are unplayable" or "this game looks cool but I can't handle the UI".

One or two guys dug the old argument out of the trolling bin that games are getting crappy because they aren't "hand crafted" like they used to; that guy probably didn't even read the article.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

So it basically locks out mods.

You can get your friend with the actual registered game to give you the files.

There's nothing stopping anyone from starting to put up mods on an off-site site, if they wanted to (pissed off modders aside). As for Paradox's policy, wanting people to prove that they actually paid for the game before they can use the bonus services they host is hardly unreasonable, even if it's not exactly magnan. Particularly considering how light their other DRM stuffs are.
Love, scriver~

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile

I hate people talking while they play games.

Yes, I do it myself, but not constantly.

Like my brother when he plays happy wheels(Which has long since gotten stale).

Urge to kill rising.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Oh god.

IS YOUR BROTHER PEWDIEPIE?
please let me know where he lives so I can dispatch the assassins
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 2685 2686 [2687] 2688 2689 ... 3345