Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2388 2389 [2390] 2391 2392 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3692153 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Mnt Dew & Circuses Edition
« Reply #35835 on: May 01, 2014, 11:23:23 am »

Thanks.
It's especially annoying because I'm doing stuff tomorrow today, like going to an Open Day for the college I want to get into...
Actually, now that I think of it the worst part is that I fucked up my sleep schedule. Now I'll probably be awake all morning and then nap during the day again. :-\ Good thing the info session is at 6PM, but still.
Oh well, if I'm half asleep and it goes poorly I can just drink more afterwards. It is Friday, after all!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35836 on: May 01, 2014, 06:01:26 pm »

Time to download XCOM:Enemy Unknown: Four Days, Five Hours.

Fuck.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35837 on: May 01, 2014, 06:08:47 pm »

Time to download XCOM:Enemy Unknown: Four Days, Five Hours.

Fuck.

Were you downloading off of steam? There were some server problems earlier.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35838 on: May 01, 2014, 06:14:12 pm »

No, that's actually normal for my internet. Yeah. 54KB/S isn't fun.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #35839 on: May 01, 2014, 08:43:05 pm »

No, that's actually normal for my internet. Yeah. 54KB/S isn't fun.
Oh hey! You too!
I've got 20~ Kb/s, and here its mostly the normal. :D

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #35840 on: May 01, 2014, 08:43:29 pm »

Much better than 2.4, though. Or less.

I still remember downloading for a literal week something roughly a 10th (iirc) the size of XCOM:EU. Only to find out it was a trailer, instead of the actual program I was after.

That was a helluva' feeling.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35841 on: May 01, 2014, 08:47:34 pm »

I remember having some hellaciously bad speeds on the road sometime. Nothing quite that bad though, IIRC O_o
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #35842 on: May 01, 2014, 08:48:57 pm »

*vague shrug* That's mid-late 90s dial-up for yeh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #35843 on: May 01, 2014, 08:50:13 pm »

Yet Another Stupid Religious Movie? You betcha!
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35844 on: May 01, 2014, 09:02:28 pm »

Wow. That... that makes God's Not Dead look like an intelligent theological argument.

Ah, scientific fallacies ("humans evolved from apes", "all life evolves from simpler life"), mixed with more than a hint of sexism (and ageism, if you want to dig into it), where the daughter's impressionable woman-brain must be fixed by her caring father and some other guys who know better than her.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35845 on: May 01, 2014, 09:49:35 pm »

Wow. That... that makes God's Not Dead look like an intelligent theological argument.

Ah, scientific fallacies ("humans evolved from apes", "all life evolves from simpler life"), mixed with more than a hint of sexism (and ageism, if you want to dig into it), where the daughter's impressionable woman-brain must be fixed by her caring father and some other guys who know better than her.
...Either I'm missing something or I get a feeling that both assumptions above have underlying context for this expression. o_O
It's a trailer.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #35846 on: May 01, 2014, 09:52:17 pm »

...Either I'm missing something or I get a feeling that both assumptions above have underlying context for this expression. o_O
It's a trailer.
I will bet all of my bitcoins that that is exactly what it is. Welcome to the wonderful world of the religious right in the U.S.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35847 on: May 01, 2014, 09:53:16 pm »

It's a trailer.
I will bet all of my bitcoins that that is exactly what it is. Welcome to the wonderful world of the religious right in the U.S.
...I'm totally lost in the context and in the...train of thought here. xD

Edit:
...Though I'm unsure why there was no note on a theologian being consulted there. :v
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 10:03:55 pm by Tiruin »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #35848 on: May 01, 2014, 10:02:18 pm »

It's a trailer.
...I'm totally lost in the context and in the...train of thought here. xD

Right there in the trailer were a couple common tells for the creationist/evolution-deniers.

1. Strawman liberal college professor.  -- This is a crowd favorite for these people. Hallmarks: Scientific field, dismissive/condescending, &c.
2. "Evolution means people come from apes." -- The most often repeated fundamental misunderstanding; not understanding the concept of parallel evolution or development over time. More bluntly, the idea that things happen in longer timespans than their own lifetimes or the 6,000 years dating from when some bronze-age goatherds thought the world began.
3. Presenting science as an actively anti-religious force attempting to convert good Christian children. -- They phrase all of their arguments this way; if it isn't science trying to convert Christians, it's teh gayz, or communism, or... &c. I honestly think that it's part of a fundamental insecurity in the evangelical mindset. They understand debate and reasoning only in the context of all-or-nothing conversion, and from there assume that everyone else is the same way.
4. The heroic everyman Christian father who's just looking out for his daughter and protecting his way of life from the evil college professors who are trying to brainwash his children, and who is willing to take them on in their own area of expertise (structured debate) despite repeatedly expressing his unfamiliarity with it (to drive the point home). Either he confounds the professor with the power of faith or he pulls a Pyrrhic defeat and all of the good Christians are happy together.

Stuff like that. These films pop up every year or three and they all follow the exact same formula.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35849 on: May 01, 2014, 10:04:06 pm »

I don't see all of what Sealy described but I can't help but laugh at the horror movie reveal of "He's an evolutionist." It's probably because the music cuts out.
Pages: 1 ... 2388 2389 [2390] 2391 2392 ... 3345