Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2174 2175 [2176] 2177 2178 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3691882 times)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: SON OF A BROWSER! Edition
« Reply #32625 on: February 14, 2014, 07:36:03 am »

I've been partial to "Noone Yah" for a while now, m'self. Gets the point across.
I use Sky Runner.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #32626 on: February 14, 2014, 08:11:35 am »

I've been partial to "Noone Yah" for a while now, m'self. Gets the point across.
I use Sky Runner.

I put it in as scrdes t. Screw you Google, in my culture people have single letter last names.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #32627 on: February 14, 2014, 08:14:48 am »

Ling.

Dutch Ling.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32628 on: February 14, 2014, 08:17:09 am »

A good use for H. Elg Oland. With the O as an emptyset symbol.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #32629 on: February 14, 2014, 08:29:55 am »

A good use for H. Elg Oland. With the O as an emptyset symbol.

You mean the Danish/Norwegian Ø?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32630 on: February 14, 2014, 08:32:13 am »

Yep, that's the one. I don't know whether they use it at the beginning of words, though.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32631 on: February 14, 2014, 11:52:18 am »

Computer rebooted to install updates last night.  I came in to see it hanging at the POST screen.  Fabulous.  I reboot it again and see that it's only detecting a single hard disk now and the RAID BIOS isn't loading.  Not sure if the motherboard is hosed or if it just lost its configuration somehow, but either way the RAID is probably shot.

Ah well, at least it booted completely after that.  Time to get to making backups.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32632 on: February 14, 2014, 12:50:32 pm »

I'm really, really getting sick of these shady-ass companies that misrepresent themselves to get people in the door. I was called about a job to be a sales manager in GR. Decent pay, benefits, willing to work with my schedule. The only downside would have been the long commute. So, I drive an hour today to go to a second interview, where I'm told that a) I wouldn't be starting as a manager, b) I'd have to work my way up because "they only promote from within," and c) the job is commission based with no base pay, no benefits, and was 12 hours a day mandatory.

The interviewer for this company was very, very lucky today that all I did was yell at her. I really want to hurt someone.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32633 on: February 14, 2014, 01:11:18 pm »

No means no, Google, let people do what they want. Internet freedom and stuff. Rah rah fight the powah.
But Google is your friend, Mr Space Cat, Google wants to help you. Google would never do anything to intentionally inconvenience you. Google only wants to make your life easier. You can trust Google.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32634 on: February 14, 2014, 01:15:35 pm »

I'm really, really getting sick of these shady-ass companies that misrepresent themselves to get people in the door. I was called about a job to be a sales manager in GR. Decent pay, benefits, willing to work with my schedule. The only downside would have been the long commute. So, I drive an hour today to go to a second interview, where I'm told that a) I wouldn't be starting as a manager, b) I'd have to work my way up because "they only promote from within," and c) the job is commission based with no base pay, no benefits, and was 12 hours a day mandatory.

The interviewer for this company was very, very lucky today that all I did was yell at her. I really want to hurt someone.

Shit, man, that sucks. Is that even legal? False advertising or something. Was it you i remember posting hopeful about a job?

You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #32635 on: February 14, 2014, 01:16:29 pm »

When he's signed into his google account, the captcha's are easier.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32636 on: February 14, 2014, 01:20:51 pm »

This entire week has been a shit on my chest.
Let me make a list of everything that has gone wrong:
1. ISP cut off my internet because I pay my bills far too on time or something.
2. I woke up sick this morning.
3. A cup of hot chocolate exploded in my microwave.
4. It's been snowing so hard the last couple days that I've had to go outside and shovel my roof off every few hours.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32637 on: February 14, 2014, 01:28:32 pm »

Shit, man, that sucks. Is that even legal? False advertising or something. Was it you i remember posting hopeful about a job?
Yeah, I was pretty stoked. I think to myself, "man, it sure would be nice to get out of the dead end rut that I've been in forever, and finally get a real job." Nope. Still stuck in retail as a part-time peon.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32638 on: February 14, 2014, 01:35:02 pm »

Can you explain what that's showing? Because I am clueless.
What Miauw said. Google provides captcha's so they can track where you comment and how often via cookies, as well as how difficult your captcha will be to help deter spambots. They also regularily go through internet sites to keep their search index up to date and that includes content of comments.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 01:44:10 pm by Mr. Strange »
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32639 on: February 14, 2014, 01:37:55 pm »

So I got a new RA on my floor to replace the old guy, in the room down the hall from mine (he quit.) This was 3 days ago, and he has not shut the fuck up since. There are always 3-4 people in there, with him or without him, talking loudly and generally being obnoxious. Even with my door closed, I can hear every word they're saying like they're 3 feet away. At least he respects quiet hours now.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.
Pages: 1 ... 2174 2175 [2176] 2177 2178 ... 3345