Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2175 2176 [2177] 2178 2179 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3691259 times)

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: SON OF A BROWSER! Edition
« Reply #32640 on: February 14, 2014, 01:48:13 pm »

Well, I never get Captchas. No idea what it is you guys did to earn them.
Do you by any chance keep Google+ logged in on the background? Or just don't visit sites that use them, like 4chan in that gif.
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #32641 on: February 14, 2014, 06:57:33 pm »

I'm really, really getting sick of these shady-ass companies that misrepresent themselves to get people in the door. I was called about a job to be a sales manager in GR. Decent pay, benefits, willing to work with my schedule. The only downside would have been the long commute. So, I drive an hour today to go to a second interview, where I'm told that a) I wouldn't be starting as a manager, b) I'd have to work my way up because "they only promote from within," and c) the job is commission based with no base pay, no benefits, and was 12 hours a day mandatory.

The interviewer for this company was very, very lucky today that all I did was yell at her. I really want to hurt someone.

Shit, man, that sucks. Is that even legal? False advertising or something. Was it you i remember posting hopeful about a job?
Yeah, I was pretty stoked. I think to myself, "man, it sure would be nice to get out of the dead end rut that I've been in forever, and finally get a real job." Nope. Still stuck in retail as a part-time peon.

That's definitely worth an anonymous bad review on the companies' behalf. If someone advertises a manager position, you expect to get a management position, not a salesman pos. What a pile of poo.  >:(

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #32642 on: February 14, 2014, 08:18:11 pm »

Every time I open up Quickbooks to do homework, I end up hating the program more. E: It's like someone wrote out a list of every good point of UI design and proper software methodology and then specifically set out to violate each and every one of them, usually multiple times.

I swear, I have not wrestled with a piece of software this shittily designed in years. How they hell they get people to actually buy the damned thing (outside of captive audiences, like my class) boggles my freaking mind.

Also the registration process doesn't stfu and let you lie to them. Sorry, Flagstaff, Arizona. I don't know who I just said was registering a student copy of quickbooks, but I apologize to you.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 08:33:19 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Humdilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Go Action Bastard Anti-Enema Beam!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32643 on: February 15, 2014, 03:35:36 am »

Every time I go to turn on my computer there is an ~100% chance that if it started up successfully last time, it will freeze on startup this time. Lame.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32644 on: February 15, 2014, 04:15:16 am »

Another sleepless night.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #32645 on: February 15, 2014, 10:33:23 am »

Every time I go to turn on my computer there is an ~100% chance that if it started up successfully last time, it will freeze on startup this time. Lame.
It might be either you hard drive or the cables connected to it. Had some trouble with that not long ago. If the computer doesn't even boot, then it's the motherboard.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32646 on: February 15, 2014, 11:14:26 am »

More snow. Goddamnit, I am sick of the snow. I've already missed several days of work because of it. I miss the feeling of riding my bike in 90°F+ weather. Of course, I'm going to say I'm sick of that when summer comes, but still.

I also cannot seem to get on any networks using my sister's netbook(which is mine now). Either they require a login after it connects, or it simply fails to connect(then again, that's connecting from a moving bus). I can't even get onto the college network where I work, because that's only allowed for students and faculty, not dreg workers.

EDIT: There's so many great games on sale at GOG, and I cannot buy them! ARGH!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 11:35:48 am by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #32647 on: February 15, 2014, 06:17:01 pm »

For some reason I find myself incredibly bitter towards everything.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #32648 on: February 15, 2014, 06:26:17 pm »

I'm really, really getting sick of these shady-ass companies that misrepresent themselves to get people in the door. I was called about a job to be a sales manager in GR. Decent pay, benefits, willing to work with my schedule. The only downside would have been the long commute. So, I drive an hour today to go to a second interview, where I'm told that a) I wouldn't be starting as a manager, b) I'd have to work my way up because "they only promote from within," and c) the job is commission based with no base pay, no benefits, and was 12 hours a day mandatory.

The interviewer for this company was very, very lucky today that all I did was yell at her. I really want to hurt someone.

Shit, man, that sucks. Is that even legal? False advertising or something. Was it you i remember posting hopeful about a job?
Yeah, I was pretty stoked. I think to myself, "man, it sure would be nice to get out of the dead end rut that I've been in forever, and finally get a real job." Nope. Still stuck in retail as a part-time peon.

That's definitely worth an anonymous bad review on the companies' behalf. If someone advertises a manager position, you expect to get a management position, not a salesman pos. What a pile of poo.  >:(

I think I may have you guys beat. One time, I responded to an add to be a salesmen for jacuzzis out of a store front. Easy gig right? Someone wanting to buy a jacuzzi is already prepared to spend money.

I show up to orientation and it's them pitching 20 people sitting in a room on selling air purifiers door to door. No mention whatsoever of the advertised position. I hung out for an hour and vocally punched fist-sized holes in their sales pitch in front of everyone. (Would repeatedly ask "How much does it cost?") every 5 minutes, because they wouldn't tell us until we came back tomorrow. (Answer, about $800.) I got in my car and left at the first available break.

Also, Florida does it again. The only thing against the defendant is the fact the kids left the scene for 5 minutes then came back after the shooting, giving some reasonable doubt (in the mind of a Floridian I guess) that they may have had a gun and ditched it, although no gun has yet been recovered.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 06:41:23 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32649 on: February 15, 2014, 06:55:48 pm »

The only reason why the Trayvon Martin case had racial overtones was because the media were determined to paint Zimmerman as a racist who just shot him for the fun of it. It really wasn't motivated by racism in that case.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32650 on: February 15, 2014, 07:04:44 pm »

I don't really want to be drawn into a debate about that, for various reasons.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #32651 on: February 15, 2014, 07:14:13 pm »

I think I may have you guys beat. One time, I responded to an add to be a salesmen for jacuzzis out of a store front. Easy gig right? Someone wanting to buy a jacuzzi is already prepared to spend money.

I show up to orientation and it's them pitching 20 people sitting in a room on selling air purifiers door to door. No mention whatsoever of the advertised position. I hung out for an hour and vocally punched fist-sized holes in their sales pitch in front of everyone. (Would repeatedly ask "How much does it cost?") every 5 minutes, because they wouldn't tell us until we came back tomorrow. (Answer, about $800.) I got in my car and left at the first available break.

Also, Florida does it again. The only thing against the defendant is the fact the kids left the scene for 5 minutes then came back after the shooting, giving some reasonable doubt (in the mind of a Floridian I guess) that they may have had a gun and ditched it, although no gun has yet been recovered.

They tried to get you to sell air purifiers, or they were trying to sell them to you? :S

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #32652 on: February 15, 2014, 07:16:42 pm »

I think its perfectly justified that paranoid people should be allowed to kill black kids anytime, anywhere in any situation because they find them displeasurable or 'threatening' [likely simply because of their ethnicity]. Instead of just calling it murder; we'll plant 'reasonable doubt' suspicions [in people with predisposed judgements anyways] so they feel the victim was actually the proper threat that needed to be cleansed.

My tongue was firmly planted in cheek for that one, don't shred me to pieces.

If the shooter were black and the dead kid were white he'd be executed in Florida. Anyone who says otherwise is lying.

This is pretty choice as well:
Earlier Saturday, Healey had acknowledged that the jury of four white women, two black women, four white men, an Asian woman and a Hispanic man was "struggling, obviously." Healey answered their questions at this point -- including "self-defense and justifiable use of deadly force applies separately to each count."

Yeah, it's going to be a bit difficult to get a white guy off scot-free for killing an innocent black kid if the jurors aren't all old white Floridians.

I think the defense needs more made up animations.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 07:22:46 pm by Mictlantecuhtli »
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32653 on: February 15, 2014, 07:17:03 pm »

The only reason why the Trayvon Martin case had racial overtones was because the media were determined to paint Zimmerman as a racist who just shot him for the fun of it. It really wasn't motivated by racism in that case.
Wasn't the argument not that he did it for racist reasons, but that he got away with it for race reasons?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32654 on: February 15, 2014, 07:20:49 pm »

They tried to get you to sell air purifiers, or they were trying to sell them to you? :S

Both. It's a typical door-to-door pyramid scheme that you have to buy the units you're going to sell, or at least buy one of them. Those people have no soul.
Pages: 1 ... 2175 2176 [2177] 2178 2179 ... 3345