Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2166 2167 [2168] 2169 2170 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3689582 times)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: SON OF A BROWSER! Edition
« Reply #32505 on: February 09, 2014, 09:26:13 pm »

Savestates would be really nice for that game :-\
Jesus, this. I know it'd be too easy to savescum, but goddamn.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #32506 on: February 09, 2014, 09:37:39 pm »

I'd like to find something that doesn't smell very strong or at all. My nose is burning right now.

I've always found the idea that appearance is everything to be annoying, especially when the reasoning is "Don't do X because everything you do reflects on me and I don't want to be viewed by others negatively."
Maybe find a cologne that you actually like? Or some stronger deodorant. That makes me happy. But they seriously do need to butt out.

Appearance is important, though of course its not everything. Even if you don't plan to judge something by its appearance (a movie, a video game; you can't say you haven't done it before (can you?)), you will somehow, unconsciously, and other people without the same inhibitions will also do so. You can't say that someone who's excessively messy or dirty wouldn't bother you. Practicality can't always ride solo like it does with some things. People appreciate aesthetic because a person who cares for their appearance cares for themselves just as much.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32507 on: February 09, 2014, 09:45:53 pm »

I don't have a functioning sense of smell, so I just use the one my girlfriend said smelt nice and trust her word. Who knows? Maybe it smells terrible to drive off any potential competition, though I'm not sure she really has to worry there.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32508 on: February 09, 2014, 09:52:54 pm »

Maybe find a cologne that you actually like? Or some stronger deodorant. That makes me happy. But they seriously do need to butt out.

Appearance is important, though of course its not everything. Even if you don't plan to judge something by its appearance (a movie, a video game; you can't say you haven't done it before (can you?)), you will somehow, unconsciously, and other people without the same inhibitions will also do so. You can't say that someone who's excessively messy or dirty wouldn't bother you. Practicality can't always ride solo like it does with some things. People appreciate aesthetic because a person who cares for their appearance cares for themselves just as much.

I don't stink. No-one has ever complained to me about smell. It's only her that complains about it, and even then it isn't about stink, it is about me not wearing any perfume-y crap.

I already understand all of this. I'm not the type of person who wallows in my own filth.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32509 on: February 10, 2014, 07:03:33 am »

Oh Bay12, you make me feel good about my life~

BlackFlyme, how about some standard deodorant? Or just claiming you put on something really, really subtle that's masked by your mom's perfume? ;)

EDIT: Or even just claiming you put on the same as you mom. The perfect crime.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #32510 on: February 10, 2014, 07:06:17 am »

...the reasoning is "Don't do X because everything you do reflects on me and I don't want to be viewed by others negatively."...

How much I hate that kind of people defies language.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32511 on: February 10, 2014, 07:19:32 am »

That kind of thinking can be sensible: For me, a big reason to give a crap about how I look back home in the village is how people will think of my family. It's less important in more loosely-knit communities, but you should be concious that your actions (and how you dress belongs in that category) will reflect on those associated with you.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32512 on: February 10, 2014, 07:39:53 am »

So, it appears that killing bad genes is the "best option"

I heard from another source that half a million Euros were offered to keep it alive. That's the bad side of science.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32513 on: February 10, 2014, 08:06:10 am »

This isn't science; to be honest, I have no idea what went through the zoo director's mind when he turned down half a million euros just to kill a giraffe.

EDIT: Maybe he heard that "selection is necessary to keep genes stable", but didn't actually have the idea to just, you know, neuter the giraffe instead of killing it.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 08:07:54 am by MagmaMcFry »

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32514 on: February 10, 2014, 08:29:15 am »

This isn't science; to be honest, I have no idea what went through the zoo director's mind when he turned down half a million euros just to kill a giraffe.

EDIT: Maybe he heard that "selection is necessary to keep genes stable", but didn't actually have the idea to just, you know, neuter the giraffe instead of killing it.
Exactly. There were other alternatives. The animal didn't have to die, at all.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #32515 on: February 10, 2014, 08:32:36 am »

Zoos part of that breeding programme are specifically not allowed to sell animals or to give them to locations that are not up to the correct standards iirc.

Besides, the entire reason of the particular giraffe's existence is so his parents can breed and care for their offspring like they'd do in the wild.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32516 on: February 10, 2014, 08:34:59 am »

Had a very rage-inducing day. Been having a lot of 'em lately, and no easy end in sight.
Probably gonna bleed over into the Sad thread before long. That gif of a baby being tackled by a cat cheered me up a little bit, but then...
So, it appears that killing bad genes is the "best option"

I heard from another source that half a million Euros were offered to keep it alive. That's the bad side of science.

I want to track that motherfucker down and break his head with a bolt gun. >:(
I am in one hell of a bad mood right now. Feel like going to see a band to work through this, but the only decent bands playing this week are rock and roll/rockabilly- not exactly the best thing for managing anger- and I don't know how to get to the venue anyway.

Wish I had an instrument to play, but all I have is my ukulele and my useless fucking ears are too deaf to tune the damn thing.
I could go into details about all the things that have been pissing me off lately, but that would make for a long damn post.
Suffice it to say: RAAAAAAARGHH.

Hopefully meeting up with friends on Thursday and Friday will cheer me up, and hopefully I can last that long without having a mental breakdown of some sort.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32517 on: February 10, 2014, 10:05:24 am »

Zoos part of that breeding programme are specifically not allowed to sell animals or to give them to locations that are not up to the correct standards iirc.

Besides, the entire reason of the particular giraffe's existence is so his parents can breed and care for their offspring like they'd do in the wild.

I'm sure of the several international zoos that offered to take the giraffe one ofthem would be up to snuff. It really doesn't make sense why - though I don't see what possible ulterior motive there could be. What a waste of a rare animal.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #32518 on: February 10, 2014, 10:27:46 am »

I'm sure of the several international zoos that offered to take the giraffe one ofthem would be up to snuff. It really doesn't make sense why - though I don't see what possible ulterior motive there could be. What a waste of a rare animal.
Check it's conservation status.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #32519 on: February 10, 2014, 11:20:53 am »

Only in Oklahoma could ”20 degrees (-6 C) and drizzling” be a weather condition.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.
Pages: 1 ... 2166 2167 [2168] 2169 2170 ... 3345