Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1970 1971 [1972] 1973 1974 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3689767 times)

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: FLAC That Edition
« Reply #29565 on: November 18, 2013, 07:12:56 am »

We shouldn't be talking about adult content on this board. Toady won't like that.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #29566 on: November 18, 2013, 08:08:46 am »

Internet connection has profoundly and comprehensively shat itself; 1600ish ping to a server in my own city, Speedtest took a couple of tries to even work. Not capped; a) we never even get remotely close to our cap, b) we're only two-thirds of the way through the month and c) if we were capped our speed'd be throttled at something like four times this.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #29567 on: November 18, 2013, 10:15:24 am »

Imagine you're going to hate them even more when you get the towing bill, ha.

Luckily, getting your car towed to get repaired is a lot cheaper than getting it towed because of a parking ticket. I should know, I've had my car towed for both reasons in the last week.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #29568 on: November 18, 2013, 11:03:50 am »

Huh. Good to know. Only time I've had to get a towing so far was to get tires replaced (Not just one of the spare tires I had, but both were flat :-\ Had been in the car too long or somethin'.) and it set me back around a hundred bucks. Was... somewhat painful.

Makes me think I should probably look up what normal rates for that stuff is, bleh. And hopefully continue to avoid situations that'd get me towed for a ticket.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #29569 on: November 18, 2013, 11:29:29 am »

Here, when you get your car towed for parking where you shouldn't, it's ~$90 to get it back from the tow yard.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #29570 on: November 18, 2013, 01:02:09 pm »

Guess what, after my quarrel and subsequent reconciliation with Boss, now I'm getting vague threats from Boss' foes for not being hostile enough to him and for drinking coffee with someone who's not overtly hostile towards him, either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgpytjlW5wU
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #29571 on: November 18, 2013, 02:10:42 pm »

My mum's in a bad mood with me because, when she wanted help immediately, she told me she wanted help soon.

Jesus, if you say soon, how am I supposed to know you mean 'I want you to come off the computer and help me now!'?
As a longtime mom owner, I can tell you that's a universal mom-thing. Get used to it.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #29572 on: November 18, 2013, 04:39:39 pm »

My mum's in a bad mood with me because, when she wanted help immediately, she told me she wanted help soon.

Jesus, if you say soon, how am I supposed to know you mean 'I want you to come off the computer and help me now!'?
As a longtime mom owner, I can tell you that's a universal mom-thing. Get used to it.
This, combined with the fact that my mom already has a very bad sense of time, led to the establishment of "mom-seconds/(minutes/hours/etc.)". Basic conversion rules for converting from "mom-time" to normal time are:
1) If the time limit applies to others then divide the amount of time by 2.
2) If the time limit applies to the mom then multiply the amount of time by 2.

This also explains why when your mom says "4 more minutes before we leave", she wants you to be ready in 2, despite not being ready herself for at least 8.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29573 on: November 18, 2013, 05:25:17 pm »

We shouldn't be talking about adult content on this board. Toady won't like that.
Actually, I think this meta level is safe. We should stop before descending into providing examples, though.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29574 on: November 18, 2013, 05:54:13 pm »

Yeah, if I said "Follow this, that, and this blog for the good stuff", THAT would be worthy of a mute at the VERY least, I should think. Though I think Toady has said, given my track record, that I don't get mutes any more. :P Next infraction would be a ban! So I've been trying to be careful.

There's also the fact that all my blogs are gay, and I doubt any of you guys would care for it. :V
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Beast Tamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29575 on: November 18, 2013, 06:56:55 pm »

I would!
There is currently a minor problem in that the veteran demons fighting in the corpse factory have failed to die in the 2 year battle and have become legendary unkillable gods of war. I may have misjudged this possible outcome.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #29576 on: November 18, 2013, 07:19:25 pm »

I would!
With you username, I would suggest not posting any weird Tumblr links ever :v

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29577 on: November 18, 2013, 07:30:32 pm »

My dad has once again brought up the INTERNET IS DEADLY DURHURRHURR. He thinks wireless internet leads to cancer.
We've been having this argument for four years or so, and he still hasn't shown me a single source of his worries; also, he hasn't found anything definite, only debate.* He also refuses to really discuss it much with me, which isn't really abnormal for him. We didn't have wireless internet until the start of this school year, and even that was because we moved to a house with internet.

As a result, he has started shutting down the internet when he goes to bed, which varies from 10-12. This isn't that much of a problem on weekdays unless I'm chatting with old friends, but on weekends it really sucks since it's when my friends are almost certainly on.

I have responded by informing him that he should also turn off the radio, because research has shown that it also has waves.

For anybody curious, a year in an internet zone is apparently equal to 20 minutes on a cell phone, and even that hasn't been confirmed to cause problems, though I'm still not a big cell phone person.

*OF COURSE THERE'S DEBATE. THERE'S ALWAYS DEBATE. ABOUT EVERYTHING.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #29578 on: November 18, 2013, 08:33:08 pm »

Have you tried just moving the router away from his arbitrary undebatery?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Beast Tamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29579 on: November 18, 2013, 08:59:22 pm »

I would!
With you username, I would suggest not posting any weird Tumblr links ever :v

Hey now! This is just my user name because I signed up to ask how to manipulate the raws into letting me breed and train Giant Cave Spiders! I'm certainly not up to anything uncooth.
There is currently a minor problem in that the veteran demons fighting in the corpse factory have failed to die in the 2 year battle and have become legendary unkillable gods of war. I may have misjudged this possible outcome.
Pages: 1 ... 1970 1971 [1972] 1973 1974 ... 3345