Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1968 1969 [1970] 1971 1972 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3689477 times)

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: FLAC That Edition
« Reply #29535 on: November 17, 2013, 12:42:12 pm »

I browsed FSTDT again.

I need pictures of kittens, people doing nice things, and people doing nice things with kittens.
http://www.kittenspictures.net/
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Redzephyr01

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferrum Cor
    • View Profile
« Reply #29536 on: November 17, 2013, 12:43:47 pm »

I browsed FSTDT again.

I need pictures of kittens, people doing nice things, and people doing nice things with kittens.
http://www.kittenspictures.net/
Dawwww.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #29537 on: November 17, 2013, 03:18:43 pm »

I need to get my car towed, and the tow truck people are taking forever. I hate cars.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #29538 on: November 17, 2013, 03:40:25 pm »

Imagine you're going to hate them even more when you get the towing bill, ha.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29539 on: November 17, 2013, 04:47:35 pm »

Just spent two hours outside picking up leaves.

Even worse, the entire time I was being watched by my mom and her boyfriend. After a while my mom came to help, but her boyfriend got bored. Instead of helping, he grabbed his leaf-blower and used it to blow the leaves away from us when we tried to pick them up. After a while he got bored again, so decided to start throwing wood chips at us instead.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #29540 on: November 17, 2013, 05:12:54 pm »

One more goddamn Chemistry test this week. And I have no choice but to do well, because if not for it being based on a sum from three tests, I would have flunked it, so I need to make up for the last one.

I didn't get the precise result in any of the four exercises I did, because where the professor rounded up I didn't, and where HE didn't, I of course did. Not that big of a deal, but pretty frustrating.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29541 on: November 17, 2013, 06:01:00 pm »

My fucking bathroom is terrible and leaking.

The light is literally full of water. Full! The light has like a frosted plastic bowl over the bulb itself and it is completely full of water. Plus the roof is moldy. So i'm going to have to tell the uni people and have some random bloke come in and do god-knows-what to fix it, at any possible time, pretty much, for god-knows how long.

Plus my girlfriend left today back to her university so I won't see her in the flesh for at least another month.

Aarrrrrggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #29542 on: November 17, 2013, 06:21:44 pm »

Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #29543 on: November 17, 2013, 07:34:09 pm »

Just the new YouTube comment system.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29544 on: November 17, 2013, 08:01:48 pm »

Why does everyone think it's so bad? At least my semi-OCD no longer drives me to read 40+ comments just because some retards* had a circle-wank*. I don't have a youtube account, though, so YMMV.

*I hope these aren't offensive to anyone, I just couldn't think of appropriate synonyms.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29545 on: November 17, 2013, 08:08:24 pm »

Why does everyone think it's so bad? At least my semi-OCD no longer drives me to read 40+ comments just because some retards* had a circle-wank*. I don't have a youtube account, though, so YMMV.

*I hope these aren't offensive to anyone, I just couldn't think of appropriate synonyms.

It's pretty annoying, in my opinion. For one thing, you can't vote on or reply to comments from more than a week ago. It also doesn't display the highest-rated comments at the top anymore, and I like being able to see what a comment is replying to.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29546 on: November 17, 2013, 08:23:43 pm »

It's pretty annoying, in my opinion. For one thing, you can't vote on or reply to comments from more than a week ago. It also doesn't display the highest-rated comments at the top anymore, and I like being able to see what a comment is replying to.

It does for me. There's an ordering dropdown bar that lets you choose between top and most recent.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29547 on: November 17, 2013, 08:27:19 pm »

It does for me. There's an ordering dropdown bar that lets you choose between top and most recent.

For me, the "top" section just gives me the most recent, except sometimes I get a comment from up to two weeks ago. Never anything older, though.

Stuebi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29548 on: November 18, 2013, 01:30:45 am »

Just spent two hours outside picking up leaves.

Even worse, the entire time I was being watched by my mom and her boyfriend. After a while my mom came to help, but her boyfriend got bored. Instead of helping, he grabbed his leaf-blower and used it to blow the leaves away from us when we tried to pick them up. After a while he got bored again, so decided to start throwing wood chips at us instead.

The bolded parts need to be fixed. Preferrably by introducing said leaf-blower to his body and announcing "We dont take kindly to your kind around here, partner." in a western accent.

Alternatively, tell him that hes acting like a 3 year old. Seriously.

I had a really stimulating experience in WoW-Roleplay yesterday. I realise a  lot of people may not really have a lot of knowledge about Warcraft Lore, so I'll try to keep this basic:

I was dragged to an ongoing event that resolves around a group searching for a Warlock. To find the guy, they decided to resurrect one of his former Acolytes and ask him where the dude might hang around. The ritual was to be held by another Warlock (Player Character). Now, Warlocks arent exactly liked by anyone. I attended the Event with my Undead Paladin, who acted as a bodyguard for a shadowpriest who was part of the group (also being the guy that asked me to join). So everyone is acting a bit Skeptical about the ritual, but ofc to keep the story going even the skeptics eventually agree to continue.

Needless to say, everything goes horribly wrong. Resurrected Warlock starts burning and begins throwing around fireballs. So me and Shadowpriest start throwing around some magic to get that sucker down, but the Guy that DMs the Plots just emotes how our attacks, and everyone elses attacks, are basically not doing anything. So the Dude just poweremotes us to the ground for like 5 minutes (poweremoting meaning that hes just stronger by default and everything we do is meaningless) and then ports away.

So, afterwards the current leader of the group passes out (Had to go offline, it was almost midnight by that point). Ritual-Warlock is tied up. Both me and Shadowpriest get to work on her, blaming her for the failure and threatening consequences if anything like that would happen again. Warlockchick is not having any of that, constantly provoking both me and buddy (In Character ofc). Things are about to escalate, being Undead we were pretty much the only two people who werent tired or majorly affected by the "Boss Fight", which meant we could've killed the Warlock without big problems. Suddenly, a few of the remaining PC's start defending her, while shes still spewing insults and blaming the failure on us (You didnt stop me from doing it, so its your fault too!). Eventually, we reach the point were we can either back out and leave, or attempt to kill Warlockchick and her band of followers (Which would've been no big problem, Undead do not get tired and Shadowpriests are pretty damn powerful compared to Warriors and almost-dead Warlocks). Seeing as the latter option would mean the death of around 3-4 PC's and would of course crash the Event, we backed down.

So i just wasted around 5 hours of my time attending an Event, that pretty much consisted of Warlockchick presenting her PC (Look at how awesome this ritual is, and be impressed by my fantastic emotes!), while we stood around doing nothing. Afterwards we got powermeoted AND where then blamed for being "Assholes" for calling the Warlock out for his failed ritual. I didnt hear anything out of character yet, but im almost positive im gonna hear some complaints for "being difficult". It amazes me how inconsequent some of these "Roleplayers" can be.   :'(

Well, at least im looking forward to another Event with my main-group, which im almost certain will be a ton better.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 01:33:56 am by Stuebi »
English isnt my mother language, so feel free to correct me if I make a mistake in my post.

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29549 on: November 18, 2013, 02:53:28 am »

Your post gives valid reasons to why I refuse to participate in role-playing anymore these days. Too many people pull that kind of shit and it makes the whole damn thing undesirable.

Also my apartment smells like beer because I had to move my recycling inside for fear of complaints from neighbors to management. I don't drink myself and personally I do not like being around people who drink but after having found four garbage bags full of beer cans and beer bottles all I could think is "Hey, that's an easy seven bucks right there, I might as well take it."

The smell of beer however reminds me of my alcoholic father who used to abuse me physically and psychologically and now reminds me of my younger brother who pretty much did the same thing when our father left the picture. As a result I'm kind of tense and jittery because of where my mind is going with this as a result of the past trauma I had to deal with at the hands of those two idiots.

But hey, I'll be able to get toilet paper and some extra food this Tuesday as a result so I might as well put up with it despite the fact that I'm getting increasingly irritable as a result of the smell. Just hope that Monday goes by very quickly so I can get to the recycling center Tuesday morning.

God fucking damn it I hate beer and I hate that smell.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.
Pages: 1 ... 1968 1969 [1970] 1971 1972 ... 3345