Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1966 1967 [1968] 1969 1970 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3690333 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: FLAC That Edition
« Reply #29505 on: November 16, 2013, 05:12:16 pm »

I could be more unreasonably angry about the ending of Korra, but only just.
How does it compare to the ending of avatar?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #29506 on: November 16, 2013, 08:43:20 pm »

The ending of avatar was..alright. Alright for its level (as in, checking in how the producers did it, they eased out the ending due to it being more on a kids show [though many many in between things aren't :3])

...Must watch Korra soon :/

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #29507 on: November 16, 2013, 11:06:59 pm »

...Must watch Korra soon :/
You really don't have to.

Believe me.

You don't.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #29508 on: November 16, 2013, 11:12:50 pm »

You know what makes me rage?...

White backgrounds on web pages.

Why does everything have to be so fucking bright.  Why.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #29509 on: November 16, 2013, 11:20:41 pm »

Because florescent lighting has fucking murdered people's concept of contrast and appropriate levels of illumination.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29510 on: November 16, 2013, 11:23:21 pm »

Because florescent lighting has fucking murdered people's concept of contrast and appropriate levels of illumination.
Florescent lighting kinda bugs me. It makes it a bit harder to focus. And it drives me nuts if it's flickering even the tiniest bit.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29511 on: November 16, 2013, 11:31:45 pm »

White pages are fine by me. Wanna know what makes me mad? Dark-colored pages. Screw that upper-board default theme that I forget the name of.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #29512 on: November 16, 2013, 11:46:46 pm »

I think one of the reasons this is one of the places I frequent most on the web, is the Darkling theme is so comfortable for my eyes. 

I woke up today and played a couple games that both have very pleasant contrast and brightness levels.  Felt great afterwards.  Spent some time with my family, who all love their rooms to be brightly lit, talk constantly without really saying anything, and my youngest is at that stage where he doesn't understand how not to yell yet.  Had enough after a while.  Retreated.

Did some web browsing.  Reading news and facebook and stuff.  White backgrounds everywhere  Couldn't figure out why I still felt so shitty.  Felt like I had to force myself to do anything.  Turned the lights off, shut the door, and switched to Bay12.  Instant relief.  Felt serene after after just a few minutes.  If I look at most other web pages, I start feeling angsty again.

Trying to find some browser extension or script to deal elegantly with the issue.  Very limited success so far.

See my avatar?  That's me.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 11:50:02 pm by SalmonGod »
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #29514 on: November 17, 2013, 12:05:25 am »

* SalmonGod turns and looks the other way for a moment
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #29515 on: November 17, 2013, 12:11:49 am »

Yeah, bright white light can be hard on the eyes. I tend to get headaches from too much white website backgrounds, or just looking at a screen too much. Probably eyestrain. When using other computers, like school computers, I tend to adjust the monitor brightness and contrast because otherwise it's too bright and white.

I'm fairly certain there's scientific studies on the effects of fluorescent lighting on people. Can't be bothered to google it myself, I've been looking at a screen too much, I dun feel like it.  :P

EDIT: Just realized, this explains why I always feel so awful from TVTropes binges. Too much white and text and ugh, I have a headache just thinking about it.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #29516 on: November 17, 2013, 12:16:14 am »

Really, it's their use during daylight hours that really twerk me, sometimes. It's not power savings if you could just leave 'em off and open the bloody windows and have things with more than enough light to read/work/etc. by.

Part of good power management, in regards to lighting, is to only use the stuff when you actually need it :-\
Ask not!
Ask!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #29517 on: November 17, 2013, 12:17:21 am »

STUPID GODDAMN INBRED SAIYAN MONKEYS DON'T KNOW HOW TO BUILD WALLS

seriously I've never heard of this bug before; why the hell do dwarves/saiyans try to build walls when they're standing in the SAME GODDAMN TILE

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #29518 on: November 17, 2013, 12:19:22 am »

something something same reason they dig out tiles people are standing on something
Ask not!
Ask!

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29519 on: November 17, 2013, 12:20:08 am »

STUPID GODDAMN INBRED SAIYAN MONKEYS DON'T KNOW HOW TO BUILD WALLS

seriously I've never heard of this bug before; why the hell do dwarves/saiyans try to build walls when they're standing in the SAME GODDAMN TILE
That's the #1 reason I don't play Dwarf Fortress that much. Seriously, that's the most aggravating bug in the game, and it happens to me OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN IN THE SAME PLACE.
Pages: 1 ... 1966 1967 [1968] 1969 1970 ... 3345