Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1967 1968 [1969] 1970 1971 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3689932 times)

anzki4

• Bay Watcher
  • On the wings of maybe
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: FLAC That Edition
« Reply #29520 on: November 17, 2013, 12:22:11 am »

white web pages etc.
I've partially solved this problem with a program called flux. It basically alter the color temperature and such based on the time of day. At night all white webpages have slight orangish tint, which I've found to be a lot easier on the eyes. You can also configure the program pretty easily, so you should find settings that work for you pretty easily.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #29521 on: November 17, 2013, 12:31:40 am »

white web pages etc.
I've partially solved this problem with a program called flux. It basically alter the color temperature and such based on the time of day. At night all white webpages have slight orangish tint, which I've found to be a lot easier on the eyes. You can also configure the program pretty easily, so you should find settings that work for you pretty easily.

There's Twilight for Android that does the same thing!

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29522 on: November 17, 2013, 12:33:59 am »

I used that years ago.

Ahhh my eyes thank you, Bay12 and Anzi.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #29523 on: November 17, 2013, 12:53:47 am »

I've tried flux, but I don't really like the temperature approach.  Everything being orange-tinted may be easier on the eyes, but still makes me otherwise uncomfortable.  I tried Gunnar glasses, and they didn't work out for the same reason.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #29524 on: November 17, 2013, 01:04:08 am »

It's kludgey and has downsides, but most browsers (well... at least firefox and opera) have options to, like, bugger with stuff (i.e. background and font color), as well as a style option that lets you disable the default website formatting. This tends to completely screw things like alignment and general layout, but once you've adjusted colors to preference, may make things easier on the eyes. S'worth a shot, anyway. Color formatting's in the respective options, view->style->user mode, in opera, view-> page style -> no style, in firefox.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 01:05:58 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

anzki4

• Bay Watcher
  • On the wings of maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #29525 on: November 17, 2013, 02:25:51 am »

I've tried flux, but I don't really like the temperature approach.  Everything being orange-tinted may be easier on the eyes, but still makes me otherwise uncomfortable.  I tried Gunnar glasses, and they didn't work out for the same reason.
I barely even notice the tint anymore. The only time it's noticeable for me is when I turn it back on after it's been off for a while. *shrug*

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29526 on: November 17, 2013, 03:35:48 am »

Soooo...

If I downloaded Flux, would it be noticeable as in, I will know I have it on my computer, or is it an install, configure and then run and forget thing?

And my rage: AURORA! Y U SO SPREADSHEET!

anzki4

• Bay Watcher
  • On the wings of maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #29527 on: November 17, 2013, 03:58:15 am »

Soooo...

If I downloaded Flux, would it be noticeable as in, I will know I have it on my computer, or is it an install, configure and then run and forget thing?

Well if it's night/evening when you activate it, you will notice it in the beginning, but daytime your screen looks normal (unless you configure that otherwise). When it changes according to time of day, the change is so subtle/slow that at least my eyes get accustomed to it and I don't really notice it. Basically the only time I notice it is when I've had it off for a while. When I turn it off during night I can definitely see the difference due to blinding brightness that is regular screen.

At the very least it has system tray icon, so you'll know if it's running.  :P

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29528 on: November 17, 2013, 04:25:57 am »

I didn't really find it too spreadsheet. There's only a few there for information and stuff. You don't actually have to edit any.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #29529 on: November 17, 2013, 04:28:28 am »

Oh wow this flux thing. I didn't even know I wanted a warm tinted display at night. Whoever suggested this you're awesome.

Edit: Holy shit aaaa. Darkroom mode? Not sure what use this really is but whoa.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 04:33:20 am by Janet »
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #29530 on: November 17, 2013, 07:51:11 am »

You could always use Greasemonkey to insert your own overriding CSS rules. You'd have to mess with it for each site. I use it to customise a lot of the sites I use.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29531 on: November 17, 2013, 09:36:44 am »

Really, it's their use during daylight hours that really twerk me, sometimes. It's not power savings if you could just leave 'em off and open the bloody windows and have things with more than enough light to read/work/etc. by.
This made me open my curtains. DAMN YOU PALE WINTER LIGHT, you're hardly better than just the screen!
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #29532 on: November 17, 2013, 09:42:32 am »

EDIT: Just realized, this explains why I always feel so awful from TVTropes binges. Too much white and text and ugh, I have a headache just thinking about it.
Stylish and the dark theme. Much nicer to look at.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #29533 on: November 17, 2013, 10:09:18 am »

As soon as I get my car back from the impound lot, the starter dies. I hate cars.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29534 on: November 17, 2013, 12:28:15 pm »

I didn't really find it too spreadsheet. There's only a few there for information and stuff. You don't actually have to edit any.
I think that came about because people see windows full of cells, numbers, and labels, and the first thing they think of is a spreadsheet. Even when it's really just a bunch of dropdown bars with a few displays.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 1967 1968 [1969] 1970 1971 ... 3345