Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1960 1961 [1962] 1963 1964 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3692313 times)

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: FLAC That Edition
« Reply #29415 on: November 14, 2013, 06:50:22 pm »

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #29416 on: November 14, 2013, 06:58:37 pm »

Magic is trying to tell me something. I have now pulled 5 copies of Anger of the Gods and 4 of Temple of Deceit. I don't know what I did to anger the RNG, but I am starting to internalize the degree to which I've been deceived into playing a lottery.
You mean you pulled them from a booster, or do you use Magic for divination?
The former, although I'm drawing conclusions about the game's feelings toward me as though I were performing divination. Arguably, boosters are just a really expensive form of Tarot. Gotta stop buying them, I know it's monetarily inefficient, but they're so much fun. And, as a hobby I never intend to win anything from, it's all frivolously spent money anyway. Except they're not much fun in Theros, apparently.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #29417 on: November 14, 2013, 07:22:49 pm »

Checked it and I got nothing dude. I think your browser is compromised. Have you been on cracked within the last week or two? They had a drive by malware install on their page not long ago.
No idea if it'd be compromised. It's only these adverts. You using firefox or chrome? If you use firefox, that may be the reason.
Using firefox (23), adblock plus, no ads.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #29418 on: November 14, 2013, 07:26:16 pm »

You using firefox or chrome? If you use firefox, that may be the reason.

I use chrome. Firefox is dead to me pretty much.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #29419 on: November 14, 2013, 07:34:55 pm »

I was getting ads on Youtube with Chrome and AB+. Switching to Adblock killed them.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #29420 on: November 14, 2013, 07:37:20 pm »

Plain Adblock here too. Adblock plus for whatever reason tends to not work as well.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29421 on: November 14, 2013, 07:38:21 pm »

Plain Adblock here too. Adblock plus for whatever reason tends to not work as well.
Adblock Plus allows some ads by default.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #29422 on: November 14, 2013, 07:41:08 pm »

They justify this by saying they're "responsible" or "non-intrusive" ads or similar, but really they're just paid to leave some active by default.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29423 on: November 14, 2013, 07:41:58 pm »

They justify this by saying they're "responsible" or "non-intrusive" ads or similar, but really they're just paid to leave some active by default.
Meh. Websites need ads to keep running, and static ads honestly don't bother me.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #29424 on: November 14, 2013, 07:41:59 pm »

Unless chrome has a different plus, all I've seen by toggling that on/off is more text ads. Which is...not particularly impressive, really.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #29425 on: November 14, 2013, 07:47:29 pm »

Check your whitelist in AB/ABP.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #29426 on: November 14, 2013, 07:48:06 pm »

Was it here or somewhere else people were saying ABP actually lets some ads pay their way to not being excluded?
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #29427 on: November 14, 2013, 07:54:37 pm »

Was it here or somewhere else people were saying ABP actually lets some ads pay their way to not being excluded?
Here, above my unimpressed about text ads post by Kaijyuu.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29428 on: November 14, 2013, 08:23:46 pm »

Try goo.gl/# or goo.gl/* as a wild-card?

Or google it!
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29429 on: November 14, 2013, 08:24:33 pm »

Lately I can't make popcorn exactly the way I want it.  Either I have more unpopped kernals that I would like, or I burn some of it.
Pages: 1 ... 1960 1961 [1962] 1963 1964 ... 3345