Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1959 1960 [1961] 1962 1963 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3691792 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: FLAC That Edition
« Reply #29400 on: November 14, 2013, 12:38:20 pm »

Yeah, if it had just wanted the definition it should have said 'define' not 'discuss'.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29401 on: November 14, 2013, 12:52:01 pm »

We were given a lined sheet in Business Management today. The only thing it had on it was a short blurb about Corporate Social Responsibility, and our only instructions were "discuss".

I thought it was an opinion piece. So did everyone else. No two people had the same exact response, and answers varied from "I like corporate responsibility" to entire essays on sweatshops and blood diamonds.

This wasn't an opinion piece. There was only one correct answer. We were supposed to copy the definition of CSR from our textbook.

Is the Pointy Haired Boss running that class?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #29402 on: November 14, 2013, 12:55:51 pm »

We were given a lined sheet in Business Management today. The only thing it had on it was a short blurb about Corporate Social Responsibility, and our only instructions were "discuss".

I thought it was an opinion piece. So did everyone else. No two people had the same exact response, and answers varied from "I like corporate responsibility" to entire essays on sweatshops and blood diamonds.

This wasn't an opinion piece. There was only one correct answer. We were supposed to copy the definition of CSR from our textbook.
If you say discuss, you will get discussion. Not quite sure what else they were expecting there.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #29403 on: November 14, 2013, 01:39:52 pm »

Sounds like a typo to me! And yeah, I'd petition that.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29404 on: November 14, 2013, 01:48:28 pm »

He hasn't marked them yet, so we can only wait and see what happens.

Though everybody, at least those that I've talked to, had all put different things down on the sheet. Still, the teacher is a nice guy, so I'm sure that it will work itself out once he sees that he got thirty different responses.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #29405 on: November 14, 2013, 02:42:37 pm »

Missed a Baldur's gate sale because FOR SOME REASON my bank decided to block the payment. Grrr.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #29406 on: November 14, 2013, 04:19:53 pm »

I just got to the sewer level in VtM:Bloodlines.

I've seen it listed on TvTropes as Scrappy Level, but holy fuck. It is just SO. FUCKING. ANNOYING.

Where to start? Being absurdly long, being chock-full of cul-de-sacs that demand you backtrack every single fucking time you make a wrong turn (oh yeah, and they are filled with enemies to boot), giving precisely zero options for Social characters, Tomb Raider-style puzzles, oh, and the enemies being:

a) Knee-high, absurdly fast monsters dealing damage that heals slower than normal, and act like a jump scare to boot?
b) A miniboss that becomes a common enemy IN THE SAME LEVEL WHERE HE SERVES AS A MINIBOSS (I mean, there isn't even a loading screen in between)?
c) A BOSS that becomes a common enemy IN THE VERY NEXT LEVEL?

After the first part (out of 4) of the mission, I gave up and enabled cheats.

GGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAH!
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #29407 on: November 14, 2013, 05:04:41 pm »

Yeah, it was unapologetically filler in the game. I think I've played through VtM:Bloodlines at least 4 times, and I've gotten to the point where I just go into a fugue state for that part of it.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Owlga

• Bay Watcher
  • Turbo times two
    • View Profile
« Reply #29408 on: November 14, 2013, 05:41:43 pm »

You forgot about the fapping.
Quote from: Cupaketan
if u cant taek a cake, dont do a bake, in a kitchen
so u hav2 leve it ok bc its 2 hot 4u
Owlga is the chillest anime girl ever.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29409 on: November 14, 2013, 05:48:54 pm »

The pub in the uni campus is shutting down.

Bugger. Now where to get a drink after karate?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #29410 on: November 14, 2013, 05:59:44 pm »

Magic is trying to tell me something. I have now pulled 5 copies of Anger of the Gods and 4 of Temple of Deceit. I don't know what I did to anger the RNG, but I am starting to internalize the degree to which I've been deceived into playing a lottery.

EDIT: Note that these are both good cards, and worth money, but they're not ones I want, and they're also not worth the cost of a pack so I still can't console myself that way.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 06:01:55 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29411 on: November 14, 2013, 06:04:27 pm »

Magic is trying to tell me something. I have now pulled 5 copies of Anger of the Gods and 4 of Temple of Deceit. I don't know what I did to anger the RNG, but I am starting to internalize the degree to which I've been deceived into playing a lottery.
You mean you pulled them from a booster, or do you use Magic for divination?
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #29412 on: November 14, 2013, 06:20:01 pm »

I'm not seeing ads still. Your adblock must be broke.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #29413 on: November 14, 2013, 06:23:49 pm »

Checked it and I got nothing dude. I think your browser is compromised. Have you been on cracked within the last week or two? They had a drive by malware install on their page not long ago.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29414 on: November 14, 2013, 06:26:37 pm »

I am playing an in-browser Ace Attorney investigation and my god this is such bullshit. The game has outright told me that I have the evidence to break the witness' psyche-locks but there is not a single piece of evidence I can present that actually does anything.
If you think I'm bullshitting, this is the URL for the save. I systematically went through each piece, and nothing.

It's the problem of "I know the answer but I have no way to say it".

Whelp, I was supposed to present one of the profiles. For the first time so far.
And then it isn't even finished.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 06:45:37 pm by Graknorke »
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 1959 1960 [1961] 1962 1963 ... 3345