Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1923 1924 [1925] 1926 1927 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3702827 times)

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: FLAC That Edition
« Reply #28860 on: October 28, 2013, 01:30:50 pm »

Dumb-ass kids skipping school to play chicken across a major road. Public transportation rage! Yay!

Almost got smeared along the road by my bus today. The driver braked so hard that everyone practically went airborne for a split-second. Everyone standing found themselves face-first on the ground, and everyone sitting had either hit their head on the seat in front of them or off the window.

I was standing, and managed not to get thrown to the ground, but I think I wrenched my arm doing it. It still feels sore.

Even worse, those stupid kids were pointing and laughing at the bus while still standing in the middle of the road. Is it bad that I'm disappointed about them not getting hit?

You should only feel bad about the consequences of them getting hit, namely your bus driver getting fired.  Unless you hate the bus driver.  Then nah, it's cool.  Little dumbshits like them are the reason we had natural selection in the first place, and one of the largest reasons as to why I'm sad we do all we can to deter it from doing it's natural duty.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #28861 on: October 28, 2013, 01:33:36 pm »

How has this not been thrown out yet, when the argument is so simple? (sorry for the pseudo-logic talk here, and yeah it could use some touch-ups before being logically sound.)

That's because minimum wage laws specifically exclude people in jobs such as waitresses and food delivery.  God Bless America.

Mmhmm. Sure, chances of being caught are pretty slim, but if you end up getting audited? Enjoy the buggering. It's immensely easy to tell if you're not declaring you tips once they start going over your financial information.

The IRS isn't going to go after someone for tips for the same reason that cops never pull over pizza delivery drivers who routinely exceed the speed limit.  Nobody goes into those jobs with the ambition of making minimum wage workers starve and nobody got promoted for doing that.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28862 on: October 28, 2013, 01:54:03 pm »

Welcome to America.
Doesn't America practically run off of broken systems?

Pretty much. Some of them work pretty well though, like the Imperial Measurement system. Your high-falutin' metric system and it's uppity crap. You will realize one day how right we are about that one. :P
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #28863 on: October 28, 2013, 01:58:17 pm »

Welcome to America.
Doesn't America practically run off of broken systems?

Pretty much. Some of them work pretty well though, like the Imperial Measurement system.
*cough*cough*imperialsystemistotalcrap*cough*cough*

Hey Hans :v

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28864 on: October 28, 2013, 02:00:35 pm »

What is not-intuitive about 12 inches going into a foot, no unit of measurement below 1 inch except fractions of an inch, 3 feet going into a yard, and 5280 feet going into a mile? THIS MAKES PERFECT SENSE I TELL YOU.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #28865 on: October 28, 2013, 02:02:29 pm »

Listen, if you're doing work that requires measurements finer than an inch, you're being silly. Just scale the project up!
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #28866 on: October 28, 2013, 02:06:03 pm »

Nonono, leave the scale as it is unless you can't measure it in fractions of an inch. Then scale it up!
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

lue

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:missing right bracket
    • View Profile
« Reply #28867 on: October 28, 2013, 02:08:08 pm »

What is not-intuitive about 12 inches going into a foot, no unit of measurement below 1 inch except fractions of an inch, 3 feet going into a yard, and 5280 feet going into a mile? THIS MAKES PERFECT SENSE I TELL YOU.
What's really bad is that I could probably spread the rumor that

1 dumile = 235 miles

and I could probably get away with it. That wouldn't work so well in metric :)
Post not guaranteed accurate or pristine for all of time.
Sigtext. Enticing, yes? If you do not know where things I have "sigged" go, this page will explain.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28868 on: October 28, 2013, 02:18:37 pm »

No, keeping all your tips and not declaring them is illegal. Tax evasion, you see.
That said, the amount of money made from tips like that is so little that the effective tax rate is really low anyway, which means the IRS has more important things to do.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #28869 on: October 28, 2013, 02:31:08 pm »

YOu can rumor metric all you want, you jsut have to make sure you use a high enough power of 10 (or -10).
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #28870 on: October 28, 2013, 02:35:22 pm »

Teacher was coming around to look at our homework on the school computers. Mine died just before he reached me.

DAMMIT. DAMMIT. DAMMIT. DAMMIT. DAMMIT. DAMMIT. DAMMIT. DAMMIT.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28871 on: October 28, 2013, 02:37:27 pm »

YOu can rumor metric all you want, you jsut have to make sure you use a high enough power of 10 (or -10).
...so, how about them angstroms?  I've heard that they got a length of ten to the negative tenth
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #28872 on: October 28, 2013, 02:54:14 pm »

1 fugometer = 1*10^10 m
1 fugymeter = 1*10^-10m

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #28873 on: October 28, 2013, 02:54:59 pm »

...so, how about them angstroms?  I've heard that they got a length of ten to the negative tenth
Why not Planck units?
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

lue

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:missing right bracket
    • View Profile
« Reply #28874 on: October 28, 2013, 03:03:47 pm »

1 hectare = 1m2
1 stère = 1m3
1 chore = 1m4

One of these things is not like the others...
Post not guaranteed accurate or pristine for all of time.
Sigtext. Enticing, yes? If you do not know where things I have "sigged" go, this page will explain.
Pages: 1 ... 1923 1924 [1925] 1926 1927 ... 3345