Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1925 1926 [1927] 1928 1929 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3702122 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: FLAC That Edition
« Reply #28890 on: October 28, 2013, 05:46:41 pm »

-snip-
Price is still BS thou.  Unless that incuded scheduling the appointment, preparation for the appointment, and all that other stuff.   

It's still absurd, even for all that.

And I guess what really pisses me off is, I barely spent any time with them. Sure, they asked good questions, waited for me to say I had nothing left. But that was literally 15 minutes of interaction. Coupled with having to sit there....waiting...waiting....waiting....wtf is taking so long...waiting......

And then to have a bill like that dumped on you.....it's fucked. If I'd been in, been out, the bill wouldn't have hurt that much. I'd have been like "Ouch that was pricey."

But I feel like I've gone to a mechanic to get an oil change, and it took all day and cost $278. This was fucking procedural. The fanciest thing used was a thermometer that took my temp from my forehead.

So apparently Warframe is very different to how I thought it was.

No, it's just like every MMO ever. It's full of dicks.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28891 on: October 28, 2013, 05:54:51 pm »

So apparently Warframe is very different to how I thought it was.

No, it's just like every MMO ever. It's full of dicks.
I thought it was an arena shooter.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28892 on: October 28, 2013, 06:12:55 pm »

Going back to that tips thing, I think I see a scheme:
1. Learn Guitar
2. Aquire busking permit
3. Busk
4. Declare pocketed tips with busking money

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28893 on: October 28, 2013, 06:43:45 pm »

Hobby welding machines. What the fuck kind of amperage is D? Seriously, would it kill you to include, oh I don't know, A PROPER AMPERAGE DIAL? Jesus Christ, I know it was designed for people with little to no welding experience, but for fucks sake put the proper dials on and include what they mean in the manual! And for those of you who say I'm a hypocrit for not reading the manual, I did not have access to it. For those of you who aren't welders, the amperage you weld at determines how hot the metal gets. Not enough heat, and your weld doesn't penetrate. Too much heat, and you get bubbles in your weld. It frustrates me beyond belief to be a certified welder and have a weld that looks like shit, has zero penetration, and is a complete waste of time because someone didn't include actual heat settings or have the manual accessible.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #28894 on: October 28, 2013, 09:40:22 pm »

Excell is evil, and everybody who made it should suffer.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28895 on: October 28, 2013, 09:52:08 pm »

Excell is evil, and everybody who made it should suffer.
Notepad is much superior, to me.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28896 on: October 28, 2013, 09:54:32 pm »

I am the MS Excel master.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #28897 on: October 28, 2013, 10:00:06 pm »

Well, you have fun then. I'll just be over here trying not to destroy everything I own out of rage. All I want is a fucking graph, Excel.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #28898 on: October 28, 2013, 10:03:40 pm »

... highlight the cells with the data, insert -> Desired graph?

I mean, there's some annoying bits with how excel works with graphs but unless you're trying to do something rather fancy it's... usually not that bad?

... hell, push comes to shove, if you're still having trouble with it tomorrow, upload it to google or something. If I'm on campus, I could check the file and walk y'through it, more than likely. Or someone with actual home excel access could.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #28899 on: October 28, 2013, 10:07:26 pm »

Ha ha, good joke. No, everything is fucked. My time measurements are assuming the place of the enzyme variables, and that's just the most obvious problem.

It would be nice if my fucking useless green TA would give us any sort of instruction on how this is supposed to be done, but no, it's just "make this an Excel graph" with no more specification than that. I'm this close to filing a formal complaint for incompetence against that asshole. I have literally almost been teaching myself and my group members this entire semester. And if I don't figure this out, I know they won't figure out their portions of it.
... hell, push comes to shove, if you're still having trouble with it tomorrow, upload it to google or something. If I'm on campus, I could check the file and walk y'through it, more than likely. Or someone with actual home excel access could.
It would be too late then anyway.
No Gods, No Masters.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28900 on: October 28, 2013, 10:08:01 pm »

I felt bad for you at first, Taurons. You seem pretty cool, and I felt bad that all the Capricans are totally racist and jerkfaces to you.

But now about 90% of the main characters of your race are all planning on killing my favorite character. Even the grade school kid would support her murder! Just go away D:

Yeah, I'm really getting into this show. Been a while since I've had a show make me mad before.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #28901 on: October 28, 2013, 10:16:00 pm »

Ha ha, good joke. No, everything is fucked. My time measurements are assuming the place of the enzyme variables, and that's just the most obvious problem.
Hrn... swap data axis whatsits? Input the desired data ranges manually instead of via highlighting (and then assign series names and whatnot manually)? Push comes to shove, rearrange the data itself so it plays nice.

It would be too late then anyway.
If you're truly desperate and willing to try a monstrosity, see if libreoffice (or whatev') will generate the graph for you and then open the results in excel. Maybe conversion won't slaughter it.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 10:17:34 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #28902 on: October 28, 2013, 10:24:29 pm »

Somehow, I got it correct. Or correct enough. He didn't give us detailed instruction, so he can go fuck himself if it isn't good enough for him.

Oh, this is the greatest feeling ever, to be done with this. Which was good, because I was getting to the level of anger where I start punching hard objects full force (which is after the "swearing audibly and making my floor question my sanity" stage). I'd prefer not to end up like my father and break my own hand punching walls.
No Gods, No Masters.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28903 on: October 28, 2013, 10:26:17 pm »

Somehow, I got it correct. Or correct enough. He didn't give us detailed instruction, so he can go fuck himself if it isn't good enough for him.

Oh, this is the greatest feeling ever, to be done with this. Which was good, because I was getting to the level of anger where I start punching hard objects full force (which is after the "swearing audibly and making my floor question my sanity" stage). I'd prefer not to end up like my father and break my own hand punching walls.
Ready to go announce your victory on the Happy thread?
I think it might be time.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #28904 on: October 29, 2013, 12:03:51 am »

I've never gotten mad enough at a coworker to snap at them before, but it finally happened. After the casual sexism and the casual racism, I didn't have any restraint left for politics/history. How somebody can think that Merkel hasn't really got a basis for objecting to NSA surveillance, and can't do anything about it anyway, because of Nazis being German, and Germany losing WW2, respectively, I just... I don't know. It's like somebody saying the NAACP is pointless because Lincoln ended discrimination by passing the Emancipation Proclamation. Jesus fuck. It's not even the most important thing I could've objected to tonight, it's just the thing that was the last straw.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 ... 1925 1926 [1927] 1928 1929 ... 3345