Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1880 1881 [1882] 1883 1884 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3691237 times)

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Maximum Pedantry Edition
« Reply #28215 on: October 09, 2013, 10:20:33 pm »

Your special attack is pessimism.

It's super effective!
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #28216 on: October 09, 2013, 10:20:52 pm »

Intestines, why you try to kill me? We've always been bros, haven't we? You ruined my weekend and have been making me miserable all week.

They're obviously trying to escape to finally have their own fun. That's the only logical explanation. Intestine can't live on defecation alone!

Guts just wanna have fuuuuuunnnnnnn.

No wait, fuck that, get back here! I need you to live!
Still continuing your War of Cranial Aggression all these years later, eh? You can't ignore the cause of organ's rights forever! That's how the founding genes intended this body to be run, and all your Big Mind policies won't ever erase it!
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #28217 on: October 09, 2013, 10:23:45 pm »

Intestines, why you try to kill me? We've always been bros, haven't we? You ruined my weekend and have been making me miserable all week.

They're obviously trying to escape to finally have their own fun. That's the only logical explanation. Intestine can't live on defecation alone!

Still continuing your War of Cranial Aggression all these years later, eh? You can't ignore the cause of organ's rights forever! That's how the founding genes intended this body to be run, and all your Big Mind policies won't ever erase it!
Sorry mate, you're gonna need to talk to Penis if you want rights. He makes the rules, I just enforce them.
-Brain

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28218 on: October 09, 2013, 11:04:19 pm »

Sorry mate, you're gonna need to talk to Penis if you want rights. He makes the rules, I just enforce them.
-Brain

C'mon, don't fall for that. The four humours have OBVIOUSLY been running things behind the scenes forever! The penis is just a fall guy; we never should have given up leeches and bleeding!! Wake up, sheeple!!1!
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28219 on: October 09, 2013, 11:15:38 pm »

-Brain

C'mon, don't fall for that. The four humours have OBVIOUSLY been running things behind the scenes forever! The penis is just a fall guy; we never should have given up leeches and bleeding!! Wake up, sheeple!!1!

The four humours of the apuncalypse? :P I wonder who they would be...
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #28220 on: October 10, 2013, 12:34:31 am »

Has anybody else considered omnicide yet?
Yo what's up.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #28221 on: October 10, 2013, 01:36:17 am »

Divert topic towards something less along those lines of rage.

Culture shock here.

This. FFS this. Today, I played Icewind Dale 2, and I have got to say: Motherfucking Goblins. Fucking goddamn Orcs. Fucking low level monsters killing my ass. BULLSHIT. STUPID MAGE NOT HAVING GOOD GOD DAMNED SPELLS.

IW2 buddies! I spent yesterday's afternoon trying to get the game to run decently without stuttering all of the goddamn time.

Also, as for mages - crowd control is your friend! Sleep especially. Mages don't become potent damage dealers until some levels more, so their biggest use in the early levels is to keep the enemy from reaching your front fighters (or letting you deal with individual enemies one at a time) rather than killing the everything. Priests and druids can crowd control too, iirc. Also, Sorcerers get more spell slots/uses per day than Wizards even if they know less spells.
Love, scriver~

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #28222 on: October 10, 2013, 02:08:06 am »

Constantly working on it. My current plan is to kill everyone over the age of 5 and then have the remaining children raised by robots to try and wipe the slate clean.

*cough*lordoftheflies*cough*

Sorry, I think I have a throat infection or something.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #28223 on: October 10, 2013, 02:28:41 am »

Sadly, I doubt wiping the slate clean would have any hope of preventing subsequent generations from degrading back into the same festering mess that humanity is. Screwed up is just how our blood commands us to be.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #28224 on: October 10, 2013, 03:01:34 am »

Constantly working on it. My current plan is to kill everyone over the age of 5 and then have the remaining children raised by robots to try and wipe the slate clean.

Sorry, I think I have a throat infection or something.
Assuming the robots are immortal, LotF shouldn't happen: it's specifically when there is no authority to appeal to or something.

I still think the children will find a way to overthrow their robot overlords and return to humanity's natural state.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28225 on: October 10, 2013, 09:51:32 am »

Assuming the robots are immortal, LotF shouldn't happen: it's specifically when there is no authority to appeal to or something.

I still think the children will find a way to overthrow their robot overlords and return to humanity's natural state.

This sounds like a Plot Idea if I ever heard one. We'd be losing a lot of Sage Wisdom and Hard-Won Life Lessons to wipe the slate clean that way, though... that's something older folks tend to bring to subsequent generations; cultural inheritance comes with plenty of good and bad.

It's not often easy to see how to untangle a knot once it's tangled, but it's almost always less costly than slicing it up into bits and replacing the knotted thing. When things go bad, it's not always easy to keep working from where you're currently at... but doing your best to fix it, and carrying on with what you already have, rather than scrapping it all and starting over, is almost always more cost and time efficient. Trouble is, untangling things is a skill all its own.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28226 on: October 10, 2013, 10:32:42 am »

If people deserve punishments at all, people can deserve death.
Here's where we disagree then. I don't believe people deserve punishments of any sort.

I only see value in punishments so long as they work as deterrents, and even then they're, at best, a necessary evil.
Why do I always miss when people agree with me. The deity of internet arguments hates me, I am sure of it.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28227 on: October 10, 2013, 10:40:35 am »

Arggh. Fucking Social Justice Warriors and their fucking assholish discrimination and marginalization.

A bunch of privileged mother-fuckers passing judgement on minorities and robbing them of agency if they don't agree with the opinions represented.
"no self-respecting member of such groups could, would or should take this without protest or offense."

Remember, folks! If you don't agree with my opinion, you're a worthless human being without an ounce of self respect! That's how you know I'm such a good person!

Ugh.

Disgusting. I hate these people so much.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28228 on: October 10, 2013, 10:46:04 am »

Arggh. Fucking Social Justice Warriors and their fucking assholish discrimination and marginalization.

A bunch of privileged mother-fuckers passing judgement on minorities and robbing them of agency if they don't agree with the opinions represented.
"no self-respecting member of such groups could, would or should take this without protest or offense."

Remember, folks! If you don't agree with my opinion, you're a worthless human being without an ounce of self respect! That's how you know I'm such a good person!

Ugh.

Disgusting. I hate these people so much.

why would you spend time around social justice warriors

i mean

do you hate yourself or something

are you a masochist

because it doesn't look like either, just stay away from them and abandon the community if it gets infiltrated by the bunch as it's probably unsalvageable. i'm sorry if you were forced into it via meatspace circumstance though

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #28229 on: October 10, 2013, 12:02:00 pm »

via meatspace

...I just realized this phrase is talking about real life. I feel so dumb right now.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.
Pages: 1 ... 1880 1881 [1882] 1883 1884 ... 3345