Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1878 1879 [1880] 1881 1882 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3690660 times)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Maximum Pedantry Edition
« Reply #28185 on: October 09, 2013, 05:36:28 pm »

Nasty people are people too. They just need to be unable to hurt anyone else anymore... and if the situation requires it, that might involve killing them. That's limited to self defense and stuff though; if they're in jail, and not a threat to other prisoners/guards, then there's no reason to kill them.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #28186 on: October 09, 2013, 05:39:57 pm »

Gay boy gets murdered by classmate, people try to justify his killing.
Fucking hell America.

Quote from: the article
the 2008 murder of Lawrence ("Larry") King, a 15-year-old gay student who asked then-14-year-old Brandon McInerney to be his Valentine. The day after, McInerney brought a gun to school and shot King twice in the head in a computer lab. King died two days later.

Obviously the murderer needs to learn to take a joke, ffs. Get a sense of humour, laugh off the whole valentine thing, go on with life...y'know, rather than murdering a dude in sight of everyone. Just, srsly. I cannot compute the logic of the murderer for doing something so extreme as that. There is no reasonable logic for that. The support of the murderer is also pretty lame. There's just so much close-mindedness that I can't even, I just can not even.

Also, the murderer's artwork sucks. Not only is it incredibly flat and lacking in any variation of tones, but he clearly has little experience with depicting form or proportion. That skull is awful, and the eagle is hardly better. [/comicallymissingthepoint]
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28187 on: October 09, 2013, 05:41:25 pm »

This isn't about "Deserve" this is about blame.

Which are not the same thing.

No one deserves to be killed, yet it can be their own fault for being killed. (Which yes I understand it is "No one deserves to be killed, but they can deserve it" but I still stand that there is a difference)

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #28188 on: October 09, 2013, 05:49:59 pm »

Nasty people are people too. They just need to be unable to hurt anyone else anymore... and if the situation requires it, that might involve killing them. That's limited to self defense and stuff though; if they're in jail, and not a threat to other prisoners/guards, then there's no reason to kill them.
I'm not debating whether they can be changed, anyone can, and I am against the death penalty. I'm saying it is entirely possible to deserve death. As a whole, taking the damage that some people have done throughout their careers as terrible humans, some have amassed such a list of misdeeds, are themselves so full of corruption and envy and hate, that they deserve to die. If people deserve punishments at all, people can deserve death.

I'm not saying it's moral to kill someone, but you can deserve to be killed.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #28189 on: October 09, 2013, 05:51:36 pm »

Ye gods, watching the two videos of the jurors and teacher and there is just so much stupid.

"He's so young, how can I put him away for life sentence when he's just a kid?"

Are you kidding me lady, he bloody took a bloody gun to school and shot a fellow student in the head in public with no remorse or consideration of the fact he's not only breaking various laws, but probably impacting everyone around him who freakin' saw it. for something as simple as the other kid being gay/transsexual.

So much stupid I could feel my braincells committing suicide 1 by 1 just from watching those 2 videos. Gah, rage.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28190 on: October 09, 2013, 05:53:48 pm »

I'm not debating whether they can be changed, anyone can, and I am against the death penalty. I'm saying it is entirely possible to deserve death. As a whole, taking the damage that some people have done throughout their careers as terrible humans, some have amassed such a list of misdeeds, are themselves so full of corruption and envy and hate, that they deserve to die. If people deserve punishments at all, people can deserve death.

I'm not saying it's moral to kill someone, but you can deserve to be killed.
I would still disagree.
It might be a good idea to kill someone. It might be the best possible course of action to kill someone. But they still don't deserve it.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28191 on: October 09, 2013, 05:56:38 pm »

Are you kidding me lady

Ehhh I'd give her a break on this point. Sure he may be heartless but he is still just a kid (I didn't catch how young...) and as such a lot of people believe children deserves protection from even the harshest of crime especially in light that they can essentially "Life horrible lives their entire lives" for things they do as a child that they CAN be taught out of.

I mean, disagree... disagree strongly. I don't think this is "spouting stupid" though.

Then again... how old is this kid? I might need to check again. Since if it is 12 or lower...

*Checks*

14, well that is pretty young. (since 16 is my transition age between young and old teen.) Though old enough for ambiguity.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 05:59:47 pm by Neonivek »

lue

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:missing right bracket
    • View Profile
« Reply #28192 on: October 09, 2013, 06:02:49 pm »

Ye gods, watching the two videos of the jurors and teacher and there is just so much stupid.

Are you kidding me lady, he bloody took a bloody gun to school and shot a fellow student in the head in public with no remorse or consideration of the fact he's not only breaking various laws, but probably impacting everyone around him who freakin' saw it. for something as simple as the other kid being gay/transsexual.

So much stupid I could feel my braincells committing suicide 1 by 1 just from watching those 2 videos. Gah, rage.

My response to her would be "at least you aren't deciding to approve the death penalty." Life is a bit harsh for someone who's not even 18 yet, but he should definitely be locked up for a while. (I say ≈15-20 years)
Post not guaranteed accurate or pristine for all of time.
Sigtext. Enticing, yes? If you do not know where things I have "sigged" go, this page will explain.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28193 on: October 09, 2013, 06:08:53 pm »

Like the kid who died wasn't young.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #28194 on: October 09, 2013, 06:18:06 pm »

It is really one of the fundamental ideological points, of the type that don't get resolved. Yes you can help people. But if they were killed, in some random accident, the person who died would deserve it. A person can commit nightmarish acts, and not deserve it? Would, say, someone who murdered a entire family deserve it? Not, as I repeat, meaning they can't be redeemed, but at that moment, when they gloat in their slaughter, ripping the life from the bodies in front of them, taunting the one or two survivors in their last moments, does that person that exists in that moment deserve life?
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #28195 on: October 09, 2013, 06:21:30 pm »

Meh. In my opinion, some people, not many, do deserve to die. Mostly the kind of people who do that kind of thing right there.

I mean, some kid asks you to be his Valentine, gay or not, (Which is a COMPLIMENT for God's sakes) and your response to that is to brutally kill him in front of everyone? For no reason other than you couldn't bear hearing a gay person saying anything remotely sexual to you, because you're just that hateful (The swastikas and crossed out things like the word "JEW" his notebook kind of say this)?

And the sexual aggressiveness thing the teacher said? Bullshit. If a girl had asked him the same thing, what do you think he'd have done? Shot her in the head? I think not. And if, for some reason, he did, would that retard of a teacher side with the killer still? I don't think so. That kid's going to Hell when his time's up.

IronTomato is no longer enraged.

Ugh... I'd rant some more, but that's probably enough.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 06:24:24 pm by IronTomato »

lue

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:missing right bracket
    • View Profile
« Reply #28196 on: October 09, 2013, 06:26:34 pm »

It's for this reason that I've come to the conclusion that "should this person die?" can only ever be decided on a case-by-case basis. It's hard enough figuring out if this kid should die, let alone develop rules for all murderers. It's precisely why we have juries to ultimately decide these things, instead of going by the exact letter of the law at all times.
Post not guaranteed accurate or pristine for all of time.
Sigtext. Enticing, yes? If you do not know where things I have "sigged" go, this page will explain.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #28197 on: October 09, 2013, 06:33:46 pm »

There's a point where you can be reasonably sure someone is going to continue being a threat to others, no matter what you do with them. Those are the kind of people that should get the death sentence. It's definitely something that should be case-by-case, though.

And I don't see this kid even getting a life sentence unless he's tried as an adult. Judges and juries are pretty soft on kids.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #28198 on: October 09, 2013, 06:35:27 pm »

If people deserve punishments at all, people can deserve death.
Here's where we disagree then. I don't believe people deserve punishments of any sort.

I only see value in punishments so long as they work as deterrents, and even then they're, at best, a necessary evil.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #28199 on: October 09, 2013, 06:44:00 pm »

...We're seriously debating on who deserves death or not..

>_>

Deny a person's right to life, and you have denied much more than you can ever debate on. Sexuality? Mostly just a label which holds a lot of labels on it-...though I wonder why we're debating deserving death in general now.

But deserving death, in that context?

<_<

Goodness. I can't even speak or type anything on this matter. Nobody deserves to die. By the case at hand? That's debatable. But to inherently deserve death?!

...just..why. Why, people. Why debate this. Why debate this on that context when the context is the same. Denial to live.

Edit: ...The article looks like its lacking quite a lot. It comes off more than a report than a detailed story about what happened..but the idea is still the same.

Why kill someone over such a trivial act like that.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 06:52:44 pm by Tiruin »
Pages: 1 ... 1878 1879 [1880] 1881 1882 ... 3345