Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1833 1834 [1835] 1836 1837 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3691676 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: "And now say I RAEG" Edition
« Reply #27510 on: September 17, 2013, 10:51:25 pm »

Dunno what to say, Soli.  I'm sorry.  What a waffleiron.  I think you behaved admirably.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: "And now say I RAEG" Edition
« Reply #27511 on: September 18, 2013, 11:46:19 am »

My internet is blocking some https websites. AGAIN. Namely the forums for my currently favourite game (which ALSO prevent me from playing it), my mailbox and my school website. Others seems fine as far as I can tell. That's the second time i happens, the first was earlier this week.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27512 on: September 18, 2013, 11:46:20 am »

Soli, I really admire the way you handle yourself, but you shouldn't have to put up with shit like that. No one deserves that kind of nonsense on their shoulders. Keep looking up, bro, things will get better in no time. You're a hell of an artist, and I can't wait to see you land something huge.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27513 on: September 18, 2013, 11:49:45 am »

Love and resentment are not mutually exclusive.

Oddly enough I have a friend like that... To the point that a therapist was outright willing to write me a medical note stating that I should stay away from him.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27514 on: September 18, 2013, 12:28:58 pm »

Oddly enough I have a friend like that... To the point that a therapist was outright willing to write me a medical note stating that I should stay away from him.
Because they felt like that towards people or because you felt like that towards them?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27515 on: September 18, 2013, 01:13:41 pm »

Because they felt like that towards people or because you felt like that towards them?

A friend who I liked but utterly resented because of the lack of boundaries he respects and how he uses me constantly in the worst situation.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27516 on: September 18, 2013, 02:33:45 pm »

So it was more so that friend wouldn't cause you problems, not so that you wouldn't kill him anything, right?

'Cause I find that's always hard to do, leaving a friend that you like even though you shouldn't.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27517 on: September 18, 2013, 02:36:06 pm »

It was because my friend was stressing me out to such an extent that it was causing me mental duress... it was back when I had clinical depression.

I don't anymore though I occasionally have bad months (at least once a year...)

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27518 on: September 18, 2013, 03:09:49 pm »

A person today talking about a book (we are having actual discussions tomorrow) are very strongly implying that if you are a pious Christian:
a.) You cannot so much as read any literature from any other religion.
b.) You cannot accept your gay children.

So basically promoting blind ignorance and the exact opposite of acceptance.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27519 on: September 18, 2013, 03:11:53 pm »

Worse yet is that to my knowledge there is nothing in Christian teaching that suggests either A or B are true.

Well... Ok there is old testament passaged, but those say that if a child disagrees with their father that you should just kill them...

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27520 on: September 18, 2013, 03:16:10 pm »

What the fuck do I have to do? I drove nearly 40 miles one way through construction with a 101 degree fever to go to an interview, nailed the interview to the ground, and just get an email saying that I'm not qualified. What the fuck do employers want me to do? I will jump through flaming hoops. I will cut my hair off. I will do whatever, but to dick someone around on a job offer...well, that's what this thread is for. Fuck you, PNC.

Carry on.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27521 on: September 18, 2013, 03:16:45 pm »

This one girl complaining about the lack of a third gender choice on a survey.

That itself wouldn't be annoying. But the survey was just some dumb state-required survey that didn't ask any questions beyond "do you study in a place that allows you to concentrate?" I know her a bit, she only complained to get people to notice her.

Some people like to blurt things out in what they believe to be subtle segues from the topic of discussion, with the express purpose of attempting to shock others. There's a rather distinct difference between being proud and confident of who you are and being an attention whore.

The worst part is that I know I shouldn't be as annoyed as I am, but I just can't help it.

Oh, and also what Quinnr said. That always annoys me.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #27522 on: September 18, 2013, 04:00:12 pm »

One would think that someone strong in their faith would be able to read things that contradict it.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27523 on: September 18, 2013, 04:02:34 pm »

One would think that someone strong in their faith would be able to read things that contradict it.

I could understand if they chose not to. Yet to say they shouldn't is another barrel of worms altogether.

Then again it wasn't that far back ago that I linked an article about why Christians shouldn't play dungeons and dragons and the major fault the person who wrote it brought up is that dungeons and dragons "Is a world that was greated without God's help"

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27524 on: September 18, 2013, 04:04:44 pm »

Beyond that, I think having basic intellectual curiosity is not something to be shunned. Otherwise we get into the thing where people think that everyone from a religion is a terrorist, or something, from simple lack of caring.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.
Pages: 1 ... 1833 1834 [1835] 1836 1837 ... 3345