Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1827 1828 [1829] 1830 1831 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3693708 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: "And now say I RAEG" Edition
« Reply #27420 on: September 15, 2013, 12:06:49 am »

No, not static. There are these little skipping sounds you can hear on vinyl records and old tape recorders. They happen periodically, presumably because of errors in the medium. And I really like listening to them because I'm a very strange individual.

this?
YES.
HNNNNG. That's the stuff. This may also be relevant.

Oh dear god.  I... think I have the opposite thing.  Vinyl record sounds don't bother me too much, but other little crackles/plastic rubbing sounds like his fingers on that packaging annoy me.  Really breathy, wet-mouthed whispering actually enrages me.

Yeah, this is how I felt watching that second one.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: "And now say I RAEG" Edition
« Reply #27421 on: September 15, 2013, 01:19:01 am »

That aside, there's just something special about one of those old-fashioned three-panel chalkboards on vertical rollers.
Gods, yes. If you get a really good one, you can ride it around the presentation area cackling madly and scribbling away. Everyone pays attention when that happens.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27422 on: September 15, 2013, 01:28:54 am »

I think a co-worker of mine called me brainless behind my back. He's entry-level and has been for 33 years. Another co-worker called him an asshole. I am inclined to agree.

Also, FUCK YOU CHRISTMAS TREES, FUCK YOU
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 03:58:00 am by Ross Vernal »

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27423 on: September 15, 2013, 03:27:58 am »

Speaking as someone who uses chalkboards, whiteboards, projectors and smartboards all the fucking time, I need to weigh in here.

Chalkboards are a pain in the ass. They are a complete bugger to get clean and clear, and chalkdust gets everywhere. Whiteboards are much easier to live with - clearer, easier to clean, and they dont leave you looking like some colombian coke god after a 45 min lecture. Smartboards are a dumb gimmick that dont work half the time and are so not worth the time spent on using them. I use a projector loads though, mainly to show "Prezi" based presentations in my teaching/lecturing. Thats fine, but a whiteboard is essential for derivations and on the fly mathematical work that doesnt work well in a digital presentation. I do have a nifty bit of kit that clamps onto the side of my whiteboard, and it tracks pen positions, producing an animated output showing what is on the board. If/when that plays up, a video camera focussed on the board records vids that then go on youtube for people to review derivations/solutions etc in thier own time.

Fuck, I work too hard for some of my students, clearly.
This is a blank sig.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #27424 on: September 15, 2013, 03:37:59 am »

I think I want you as my physics teacher :o

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27425 on: September 15, 2013, 03:40:10 am »

I think I want you as my physics teacher :o

I get that a lot :P
This is a blank sig.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #27426 on: September 15, 2013, 06:54:39 am »

I wish I had you as my physics teacher :/

College level teachers delve too much into paperwork and less into helping the understanding <__<. . .And when its on a really opposite 'black'board.. :/

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27427 on: September 15, 2013, 07:20:12 am »

My rigorous proofs bring all the boys to my lab...

... and they are all like "Wow, thats more thorough than yours..."

Damn right mine are more complete than yours.

I could lecture you, but I would have to charge.

Sorry
This is a blank sig.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #27428 on: September 15, 2013, 08:32:08 am »

Dammit, why is the power socket the first to break in every laptop I own. Either I take it to the shop to get it fixed and get charged money I don't have or fix it myself and possibly break it some more.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27429 on: September 15, 2013, 08:37:19 am »

I had a series of Toshiba lappys that did this. Either the power socket was mounted on a board and cost a fortune to replace, or was mounted on a flimsy bit of plastic on the casing and would snap if looked at. In the end I added a third party power jack connected to the casing with a screw thread.
This is a blank sig.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #27430 on: September 15, 2013, 08:37:31 am »

I wish I had you as my physics teacher too. My current one has taught chemistry for 30 years, and nothing else, and doesn't quite seem to understand everything himself... including at least one incident where his answer for a problem modified gravity.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27431 on: September 15, 2013, 09:01:24 am »

I wish I had you as my physics teacher too. My current one has taught chemistry for 30 years, and nothing else, and doesn't quite seem to understand everything himself... including at least one incident where his answer for a problem modified gravity.
Can you please elaborate on this? I am curious as to how that comes about.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27432 on: September 15, 2013, 09:04:29 am »

Obviously, you start with a huge laser...

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #27433 on: September 15, 2013, 09:32:48 am »

He created a question in a test (motion in one plane of movement) that most of the class (including me) got wrong. It came out in discussion that his answer had adhered too firmly to the formula, and he modified the acceleration to fit the question so his answer was right (one of the variables he gave was time, and it was 1 second off).

The acceleration in question was gravity. He gave those of us who did it properly credit after we found it out for him.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #27434 on: September 15, 2013, 01:16:17 pm »

9.81 m/s^2, isn't it?
Depends on the place :v
Pages: 1 ... 1827 1828 [1829] 1830 1831 ... 3345