Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1824 1825 [1826] 1827 1828 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3693796 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: "And now say I RAEG" Edition
« Reply #27375 on: September 13, 2013, 08:42:40 pm »

http://i.imgur.com/YZEPG.jpg/

TARGET ADDED TO HITLIST

Is this because I mentioned Demonbane in the WTF thread? I honestly prefer the eternal god end fighting the ultimate battle of ultimate destiny for all eternity than the other endings of the VN of Demonbane.
Actually no. I was on Spacebattles.

I found out about mecha thing that doesn't know how to effective fiction.
It's irritating, therefore I must destroy it.
LOLed so hard.
Can I make it part of my sig? Can I pleaaaase?
Yes.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: "And now say I RAEG" Edition
« Reply #27376 on: September 13, 2013, 09:02:24 pm »

http://i.imgur.com/YZEPG.jpg/

TARGET ADDED TO HITLIST
Couldn't read the whole thing, but seems a wee bit OP, yes.

Alot of things in that is taken out of context.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #27377 on: September 13, 2013, 11:09:17 pm »

Gah, I am trying to figure out what that crackling sound you sometimes hear in older recordings because it ASMRs the hell out of me, but I have no idea what the terminology is.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27378 on: September 13, 2013, 11:12:54 pm »

I'm sorry, "ASMR"?

I don't know the answer to your question, but I have never seen that acronym before.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #27379 on: September 13, 2013, 11:23:47 pm »

ASMR is the working term for a recently commonly recognized, and mostly unexplained affinity for certain sounds that effected individuals find...it's hard to explain. I just really like certain sounds for no explainable reason, and they put me into an almost trance-like state of mind.

Some people get it, and some people don't. While there are variations in taste it is pretty clear that there are certain commonalities on what causes ASMR, and for some reason this audio scratching or whatever does it for me (I realize after thinking some more that vinyl records make a similar sound).

It's a growing thing, but there are thousands upon thousands of videos related to it on Youtube these days.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #27380 on: September 13, 2013, 11:24:36 pm »

... this, I think. And it's just... static? Sounds like what you're talking about, anyway. Maybe.

Ah, first bit ninja'd.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #27381 on: September 13, 2013, 11:28:10 pm »

No, not static. There are these little skipping sounds you can hear on vinyl records and old tape recorders. They happen periodically, presumably because of errors in the medium. And I really like listening to them because I'm a very strange individual.
No Gods, No Masters.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #27382 on: September 13, 2013, 11:29:31 pm »

No, not static. There are these little skipping sounds you can hear on vinyl records and old tape recorders. They happen periodically, presumably because of errors in the medium. And I really like listening to them because I'm a very strange individual.

this?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #27383 on: September 13, 2013, 11:30:52 pm »

this?
YES.
No Gods, No Masters.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #27384 on: September 13, 2013, 11:32:39 pm »

Old records are just the record skipping/scratching, if it's not static like putnam's link. Dunno if there's anything more formal in terms of terminology than just record skipping. Kinda' doubtful, but... hell, you're in college, right? Ask one of the music profs, maybe.

Also, this seems like maybe a rundown on what's happening?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 11:34:11 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #27385 on: September 13, 2013, 11:38:39 pm »

this?
YES.
HNNNNG. That's the stuff. This may also be relevant.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27386 on: September 14, 2013, 12:41:02 am »

ASMR is the working term for a recently commonly recognized, and mostly unexplained affinity for certain sounds that effected individuals find...it's hard to explain. I just really like certain sounds for no explainable reason, and they put me into an almost trance-like state of mind.

Some people get it, and some people don't. While there are variations in taste it is pretty clear that there are certain commonalities on what causes ASMR, and for some reason this audio scratching or whatever does it for me (I realize after thinking some more that vinyl records make a similar sound).

It's a growing thing, but there are thousands upon thousands of videos related to it on Youtube these days.

I don't know if it's the same thing, but I occasionally get a nice tingling sensation when I listen to emotionally stimulating things, especially with music. Double-especially with things I consider awe-inspiring for the lack of a better word because the two better descriptors have been used to death in less formal ways and so they've lost their edge.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 12:49:38 am by ShoesandHats »

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27387 on: September 14, 2013, 12:42:56 am »

Fuckin' wicked awesome, yo!
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27388 on: September 14, 2013, 12:52:13 am »

I've heard the scratching-vinyl-record-sound referred to as 'atmosphere', but I doubt that's a scientific term for it. :P

Also, that video of the guy opening a box of trading cards- I don't get it, what was this audio affect it was supposed to have? :-S I didn't notice any super-happy-tingly-scalp feelings.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #27389 on: September 14, 2013, 01:11:28 am »

As I said, either you get it or you don't.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 1824 1825 [1826] 1827 1828 ... 3345