Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1636 1637 [1638] 1639 1640 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3695189 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

I'd say it was a little bit worse than just being terrible. It was like the antithesis of everything Metroid should be. There is a legitimate chance that Other M has killed Metroid.

oh come on just because it's a perfectly linear game that allows progress entirely through plot development (your equipment having nothing to do with it), spending the entire game being ordered around by a man who technically has no authority over you and abuses you despite doesn't mean that it's the antithesis of metroid!

wait shit
DON'T YOU KNOW ALL SAMUS HAS EVER WANTED IS TO BE A MOTHER ALL THAT BOUNTY HUNTING WAS JUST KIND OF A FILLER JOB

BOY THE FEDERATION SURE IS FUCKED NOW SEEMS LIKE SAMUS IS THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN GET ANYTHING DONE

I MEAN FOR FUCKS SAKE HOW DO YOU EVEN GET TO THE POINT WHERE YOUR CIVILIZATION IS POWERED BY
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
WITHOUT REALIZING IT
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

I MEAN FOR FUCKS SAKE HOW DO YOU EVEN GET TO THE POINT WHERE YOUR CIVILIZATION IS POWERED BY
WITHOUT REALIZING IT
Space Capitalism, MSH. Space Capitalism.

Also you're assuming that the actual powers that be don't realize it. Also plausible is that they just don't care. That'd be a very human thing to do, really...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

Also you're assuming that the actual powers that be don't realize it. Also plausible is that they just don't care. That'd be a very human thing to do, really...
A human thing to do? You specist bastard! You're lucky Samus doesn't kill you for that, seeing as she's a Human/Chozo/Metroid/X hybrid by the time of Metroid Fusion.

If they knew, that would make them extremely foolish, seeing as Leviathans have this oh so strange tendency to always and exclusively crash into planets inhabited by spacefaring civilizations.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Foolish... or really running the numbers for it. What's a couple planets here and there in exchange for a massive boost to the rate of expansion? Especially if they've figured out a way to make particular (mostly useless) planets attractive to the effect. S'the 40k Warp argument all over again, really~

As to the first bit, I don't think Samus is the one calling the shots re: civilization wide energy sources :P

... s'actually some kind of multi-species group, if I remember the bits from the comics, but I don't recall how much things-not-human had in regards to influence. Phazon could have direct parallels to stuff like asbestos, though. Call it a rather short-term-focused-species thing, if you really wanted to.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile

Sigh. I have to work this weekend and there is a lacrosse tournament going on. This group have a history of being horrible. My co-workers have all assured me I will be cleaning bathrooms at least four times each. Plus the boss is going to give me other jobs on top of that, plus I'm going to get calls on the work cell about how filthy the bathrooms are, and any other complaints. One man VS the entire city of [REDACTED]. Fuck me.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile

Copyswede... those fucking asshats... for people who don't know, copyswede is a private lobbying group in Sweden, representing the big media companies, and what they have some how gotten away with for years is forcing a "tax" on things like external harddrives and dvd discs to compensate for "lost income due to private copying", basically a relic from the day of tapes when you would tape a tune from the radio and give it to your friends. (Note private copying, not pirate copying. Private copying is fully legal in sweden.)

Now they're at it again, they want to make their fucking extortion racket encomass internal harddrives, pads and fucking gaming consoles as well.

How in the flying fuck is this fucking legal.... fuck!?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Copyswede... those fucking asshats... for people who don't know, copyswede is a private lobbying group in Sweden, representing the big media companies, and what they have some how gotten away with for years is forcing a "tax" on things like external harddrives and dvd discs to compensate for "lost income due to private copying", basically a relic from the day of tapes when you would tape a tune from the radio and give it to your friends. (Note private copying, not pirate copying. Private copying is fully legal in sweden.)

Now they're at it again, they want to make their fucking extortion racket encomass internal harddrives, pads and fucking gaming consoles as well.

How in the flying fuck is this fucking legal.... fuck!?
Its not fucking legal (I'm surprised we don't have something like that with hollywood being what it is) and the only thing keeping them from being laughed out of the swedish lobbying thing is the asshats backing them.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm steadily accumulating medical ailments that are frustrating and painful but not serious and with the only course of action available to me being to hope it gets better on its own somehow. Arg. Fucking hell. 

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

O hey, I've got one.

Big Data going for individual pricing based on perceived demand.  Look at something once?  It costs $220.  Look at it a second time?  Price is $300.  (No longer a reasonable price for the item in question)  Not something I can buy offline, either.

*shrug*

I kind of hate this world.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile

Youtube is just so terribly absolutely awful I cannot describe it adequately. It's just so bad it feels like it's achieved intelligence and is out to get me.

The stupid method of buffering has completely broken any of Youtube's functionality for me. It takes me practically a half hour to watch a seven minute video with my internet speed, which is in no way worth it. I can't even go off and do something better with my time while letting the thing load like a normal person with slow internet would do. Oh no, because letting it sit for as long as I want does nothing when the video only loads up to 5% of it's entirety at any one time. I could let it just "load" for a half hour only to come back, attempt to watch the video, and find that it's only loaded half a minute before promptly needing to buffer again.

Even with Youtube's crappiest, stupidest quality, 144p--which it constantly insists on automatically setting the damn video to-- does nothing to improve the bloody loading process. Youtube's loading process is a broken ugly piece of shit that requires the most expensive, fastest internet connection to load anything properly at any decent quality without any interruptions, and anything less than that will trigger the alarm to make Youtube as workable as a an ugly brick. That's made of feces. That's on fire.

Before they enacted this I had no problem with loading a friggin' video if I just gave it enough time. That's cool, then I can go do something else while I wait. This...buffering process abomination of a thing stops that completely.

Don't get me started on channel design and website design in general. It's ugly. Very ugly. And slow. And inefficient. And much of it is entirely useless to me.

What makes this so much worse is the fact there's almost no alternative to Youtube in terms of number of videos. If I wanna look up an instructive video on some guitar technique, it's almost always on youtube. If I wanna watch a video about how to use some program, all the official videos are hosted on youtube. Various speed paints, timelapses, and tips n' tricks videos for photoshop or SAI or muthaeffin' Paint is all on Youtube. Everything is on Youtube. And it's borked. [/firstworldproblems]

Of course, the simplest solution would be get a better interwebs connection, but the problem at this point isn't my internet connection because it worked perfectly fine before and works fine for everything else I'd need it for- games, downloading occasional programs or files or updates, other internet browsing- I shouldn't have to go shell out more money for something that I probably couldn't afford anyway because of a terrible utility decision. gah.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

O hey, I've got one.

Big Data going for individual pricing based on perceived demand.  Look at something once?  It costs $220.  Look at it a second time?  Price is $300.  (No longer a reasonable price for the item in question)  Not something I can buy offline, either.

*shrug*

I kind of hate this world.
Never saw this happen before, where was it?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This is a pretty standard Amazon thing.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That certainly explains why I can get some things on Amazon for a reasonable price.

While others has an extreme SUPER RIP OFF price.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

You sure? I've never seen the price go up the next time I look at the page. Then again, I don't usually use the default price, I go look though all the new/used/absurd 'collectible' prices anyway.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmm... this is a problem my family's been citing for a while...

Only for the default price, though.

Pages: 1 ... 1636 1637 [1638] 1639 1640 ... 3345