Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1635 1636 [1637] 1638 1639 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3695186 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

Does this mean Vector is the clowns?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

And then Vector was a demon.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And then Vector killed your fortress.
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

Went for a swim today. Two minutes in I get a fucking horrible cramp in my left calf muscle. Barely able to swim back to the shore. I sit out rest of the time at the beach then limp my way back home (a 30 minute uphill walk by the way) and now some seven hours later it still hurts like a bitch and I can still barely walk around.

"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile

Jellyfish?

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile

Of all the...

"NEW ZELDA NEW SMASH BROS NEW MARIO NEW WII FIT NEW DONKEY KONG NEW KIDDY DELUXE FUCKING ROLLER COASTER TYCOON FWOOOOOOAR"

"What about metroid?"

"WHAT ABOUT METROID?"

Seriously Nintendo, I've got to get my fix. You almost got me by announcing SSBU, but now you've lost me.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

. . . *squish*
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

Jellyfish?

There weren't any that I saw, and my friends were fine.

I blame it being freaking hot today and having quite a warm up on the trip to the beach, only for me to dive in as soon as I dropped my stuff, that couldn't have helped.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

. . . *squish*
Oh god. That sound. There is only one kind of demon that makes that sound. Still, there's nobody in whose path I'd rather die.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

. . . *squish*
Oh god. That sound. There is only one kind of demon that makes that sound. Still, there's nobody in whose path I'd rather die.
Beware her deadly *squish*!
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

Fuck Minneapolis airport. Fuck its super long concourses, the fact my flights are always at the absolute end of the airport with no concessions, tiny bathrooms that reek of piss and inadequate waiting areas that can't even seat a full regional jet worth of passengers. Fuck their super trendy "Native American" themed stores, decorations and everything else. Fuck the fact that anyone entering Minneapolis is guaranteed at least an hour layover. Fuck the 20 minute walk it takes to get back to security so you can smoke. And fuck the fact my business trips always, always, ALWAYS connect through there because it yields the cheapest flights.

Minneapolis: A traveler's purgatory.

And lastly, fuck the auction owner who has stiffed me TWICE now for the money I'm supposed to get for doing this godawful, shitty work. I basically lose most of a week of free time, have to get up at the ass crack of dawn to make flights and set up the auction, work between 1 and 2 16 hour days clerking their insane, non-stop auctions, get stressed as shit, get yelled at for technical problems that are beyond my control (like a bad internet/cell signal when running an auction inside what amounts to a Faraday Cage in the middle of BFE Bumpkinville USA, with an already poor Internet/Celluar reception because they're all 5 miles outside of town), lose two days of clocked in pay and all I get in return for all this is a $200 travel "bonus", which, when I do the math, is just about exactly what I would have made for working those two days. The extra money I'm supposed to get is literally the only reason I don't tell my boss "Fuck no" like everyone else at work, and I can't even call the auctioneer out on it because it's effectively a gentlemens' agreement aside from the actual contract. The money is so the "Nerd Herd", as they call us, don't burn out putting up with this shit. Well, guess what, I'm fucking burning out on it. And I've got 2 more auctions, at least, before the end of the year.

I'd like to say at least I'm not at work, and that's something, but the fact is the auction week, and a good, problem-free auction, makes the worst days at work seem peachy fucking keen.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 05:58:06 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Of all the...

"NEW ZELDA NEW SMASH BROS NEW MARIO NEW WII FIT NEW DONKEY KONG NEW KIDDY DELUXE FUCKING ROLLER COASTER TYCOON FWOOOOOOAR"

"What about metroid?"

"WHAT ABOUT METROID?"

Seriously Nintendo, I've got to get my fix. You almost got me by announcing SSBU, but now you've lost me.
My bet for metroid is one of the below:
1. Still trying to figure out how to either move the timeline forward past Fusion or fit in more prequels.
2. They are working on another metroid but haven't finished anything that looks decent enough to show.
3. Waiting for people to forget about the game with good gameplay but terrible story.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

I'd say it was a little bit worse than just being terrible. It was like the antithesis of everything Metroid should be. There is a legitimate chance that Other M has killed Metroid.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

IT SHOULD NOT TAKE AN HOUR AND COUNTING FOR A DEDICATED SHUTTLE TO MAKE A TWENTY MINUTE ROUND TRIP.

WHY CAN'T THIS FUCKING DAY BE OVER ALREADY?!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

I'd say it was a little bit worse than just being terrible. It was like the antithesis of everything Metroid should be. There is a legitimate chance that Other M has killed Metroid.

oh come on just because it's a perfectly linear game that allows progress entirely through plot development (your equipment having nothing to do with it), spending the entire game being ordered around by a man who technically has no authority over you and abuses you despite doesn't mean that it's the antithesis of metroid!

wait shit
Pages: 1 ... 1635 1636 [1637] 1638 1639 ... 3345