Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1313 1314 [1315] 1316 1317 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3689957 times)

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Delayed Calamities Edition
« Reply #19710 on: January 10, 2013, 05:09:04 pm »

Yes. Because he doesn't have to reinstall eclipse every other day, and is comfortable doing more in depth stuff than doing the layout on jsp's.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Delayed Calamities Edition
« Reply #19711 on: January 10, 2013, 05:11:46 pm »

remind me to not work at your company else i will make the servers into flames :P

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19712 on: January 10, 2013, 05:15:49 pm »

I should note that I only have the 2 people under my supervision, both of them relatively new hires.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #19713 on: January 10, 2013, 05:18:41 pm »

Still... Two hours late every day? If that doesn't get you fired at your job, what will?
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19714 on: January 10, 2013, 05:27:43 pm »

Ok...

This critical blocking high priority development ticket, that is a complete re-engineering of the core section of hazwaste for which this entire version was designed around...

Sat 2 months with a guy who did jack shit with it before suddenly and without warning quitting.
Was then given 2 a pair of complete newbies who don't know any of the architecture or tools for a month, they got a few jsp's thrown together.
Was given to me, when AIT in the previous version exploded and I was told to put it on the back burner in favor of getting that nightmare pooped out, and that took months.
Now, my best underling, who is finally able to make some real progress... did a no call no show today, a day with a important meeting after coming in 2+ hours late every day for a week.

Blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

God damn it, your Americanisms are hilarious even when it shouldn't be.
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19715 on: January 10, 2013, 05:28:28 pm »

Now I'm envisioning you delegating to a lazy imp, lash in hand.  :P.
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19716 on: January 10, 2013, 05:29:56 pm »

If only I could.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #19717 on: January 10, 2013, 06:02:02 pm »

That whole thing sounds a lot like my company. Definitely not the no call/no show....but tons of newbies getting hired (me included) and getting thrown into projects that are long over due? Oh jes. That's definitely us.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19718 on: January 10, 2013, 06:08:49 pm »

Now I'm envisioning you delegating to a lazy imp, backhanding him  :P.
FTFY

now find the ref

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19719 on: January 10, 2013, 06:23:35 pm »

'Your pants are definitely too tight!'
[/Dungeon keeper reference]

I assume you were making a reference to DK.
greatorder gets the megacookie

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #19720 on: January 10, 2013, 06:42:47 pm »

<disco_inferno>

- 8)'

</disco_inferno>
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19721 on: January 10, 2013, 07:13:28 pm »

Still... Two hours late every day? If that doesn't get you fired at your job, what will?

I'm regularly 2 hours late.

Of course, I also tend to stay 2 hours after everyone else leaves. And if there's something that needs to be done, I stay until it's done.

I like to think it balances out so I won't get fired.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #19722 on: January 10, 2013, 07:18:18 pm »

I suppose I'm used to the retail environment where regular poor attendance is disruptive to profitability. You can't stay late if you work at Wal-Mart, 'cause you have to cover your shift.

Of course, I'm the guy who missed work today because he mixed up his schedule. :S

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #19723 on: January 10, 2013, 07:46:59 pm »

I suppose I'm used to the retail environment where regular poor attendance is disruptive to profitability. You can't stay late if you work at Wal-Mart, 'cause you have to cover your shift.

This is software development. Developers operate under special rules because they do special, technical things that only they can do. There's not a single developer in my office that comes in before 10:00am. But they stay as long as they have to, for something to work. Them being there until 3am is not unusual. And of the tech support staff, me and the one other guy are the only ones that come in before 9am. The rest just kind of drift in as they're willing/able.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19724 on: January 10, 2013, 07:57:22 pm »

Google... Those fucking bastards...

They patched it. They patched the exploit that allowed you to use the somewhat older layout of Youtube that was much less enraging...
Goddamnit. Fuck you Google. Why do you always have to screw up Youtube? Ah well, I guess you guys will one day screw it up so much that it wraps around and becomes bearable again...
Rule of Google:
They can always make it worse.

Always.
Gmail works pretty well and looks decent.

Also, /my_subscriptions/ still works.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 ... 1313 1314 [1315] 1316 1317 ... 3345