Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1312 1313 [1314] 1315 1316 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3690079 times)

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Delayed Calamities Edition
« Reply #19695 on: January 10, 2013, 01:34:40 am »

I've noticed that when things break, they all tend to break in a relatively close period of time. It's weird.

What a coincidence, my water heater went a few weeks back, then the thermostat, then the microwave.
It's a conspiracy!
Remember kids, Perfect Paranoia, is Perfect Awareness.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Delayed Calamities Edition
« Reply #19696 on: January 10, 2013, 01:36:01 am »

I've noticed that when things break, they all tend to break in a relatively close period of time. It's weird.

What a coincidence, my water heater went a few weeks back, then the thermostat, then the microwave.
It's a perfectly normal situation you saw nothing.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19697 on: January 10, 2013, 01:38:09 am »

It's a conspiracy!
Remember kids, Perfect Paranoia, is Perfect Awareness.
But...The Kinks tell me that paranoia will destroy ya!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19698 on: January 10, 2013, 01:41:08 am »

Don't worry, it's just the Luxembourgian Appliance Neutralization agents.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #19699 on: January 10, 2013, 01:41:57 am »

Iirc, they actually, like... don't. You're just primed to notice by the first instance and then remember the rest coming around the same time better or... something. Too late for me to remember the specifics, but there's some kind of memory shenanigans going on with that line of thought. Rule of threes, etc., so forth, so on. Statistically nonexistent but emphasized by neurology. Something like that. There's been studies, heh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19700 on: January 10, 2013, 01:42:07 am »

There is definitively no such thing and claiming otherwise will get you exterminated.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19701 on: January 10, 2013, 02:24:47 am »

That, or captured for interrogation.
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #19702 on: January 10, 2013, 02:28:58 am »

Iirc, they actually, like... don't. You're just primed to notice by the first instance and then remember the rest coming around the same time better or... something. Too late for me to remember the specifics, but there's some kind of memory shenanigans going on with that line of thought. Rule of threes, etc., so forth, so on. Statistically nonexistent but emphasized by neurology. Something like that. There's been studies, heh.

Welcome to the Baader-Meinhof Phenomenon.

It's actually a thing.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19703 on: January 10, 2013, 02:31:49 am »

I like how you're implying that we didn't already know everything we needed to know.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19704 on: January 10, 2013, 01:02:21 pm »

I like how you're implying that we didn't already know everything we needed to know.

Just because you're being interrogated doesn't mean you know anything we want to know. We might be doing it for fun.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #19705 on: January 10, 2013, 01:57:58 pm »

So I've been playing C&C Generals for a while now, beating every map against hard oponents, doing pretty good actually, developing some strategies and builds against certain oponents (mostly all random, when I'm lazy I give them USA Air General for an easy rush win). I'm going for that tough medal, beating all maps against the maximum number of oponents.

I have beaten all maps but one, Mountain Fox, not because it's a hard map (it seems pretty easy to go for an early rush on one of the sides, eliminating one of the enemies) but because it starts to stutter like a motherfucker five minutes into the match, loading and restarting the game fixes nothing, setting fiddling changes nothing. Only this map has this problem and it's making me rage because something completely stupid and out of my control is denying me sweet satisfaction of a digital medal >:V
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #19706 on: January 10, 2013, 02:22:12 pm »

Google... Those fucking bastards...

They patched it. They patched the exploit that allowed you to use the somewhat older layout of Youtube that was much less enraging...
Goddamnit. Fuck you Google. Why do you always have to screw up Youtube? Ah well, I guess you guys will one day screw it up so much that it wraps around and becomes bearable again...

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #19707 on: January 10, 2013, 02:27:03 pm »

Google... Those fucking bastards...

They patched it. They patched the exploit that allowed you to use the somewhat older layout of Youtube that was much less enraging...
Goddamnit. Fuck you Google. Why do you always have to screw up Youtube? Ah well, I guess you guys will one day screw it up so much that it wraps around and becomes bearable again...
Rule of Google:
They can always make it worse.

Always.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #19708 on: January 10, 2013, 05:03:20 pm »

Ok...

This critical blocking high priority development ticket, that is a complete re-engineering of the core section of hazwaste for which this entire version was designed around...

Sat 2 months with a guy who did jack shit with it before suddenly and without warning quitting.
Was then given 2 a pair of complete newbies who don't know any of the architecture or tools for a month, they got a few jsp's thrown together.
Was given to me, when AIT in the previous version exploded and I was told to put it on the back burner in favor of getting that nightmare pooped out, and that took months.
Now, my best underling, who is finally able to make some real progress... did a no call no show today, a day with a important meeting after coming in 2+ hours late every day for a week.

Blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19709 on: January 10, 2013, 05:04:54 pm »

so wait, a guy who has been 2 hours late everyday for work is your best guy?
Pages: 1 ... 1312 1313 [1314] 1315 1316 ... 3345