Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1290 1291 [1292] 1293 1294 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3699443 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Ho-Ho-Ho RAEG Edition
« Reply #19365 on: December 28, 2012, 01:17:30 pm »

Last night, my parents all but forced me to eat some baked chicken with them, and carrying on with conversations that included some very inappropriate(and I'm pretty certain incorrect) things about a girl I've known since kindergarten. My mom also was about to ask me a question, probably that, or at least her in general, and then decided not to in front of everyone, and said she'd ask me later. She hasn't yet, and if it's what I think it is, it's a question I'm certainly not going to answer.

Also, the assholes threw out some more of my water bottles. No reason for it. Now I've only got two left, and they're mostly empty, and I haven't had any chance to refill them.
Baked chicken??!? Those assholes!  :P
(...unless you're vegetarian, in which case, yeah....those assholes.)

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19366 on: December 28, 2012, 01:19:27 pm »

I forgot to mention, I had already eaten about two hours earlier, and they had no reason to not know this.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #19367 on: December 28, 2012, 06:25:55 pm »

Why can't Hollywood ever use something besides British cockney when they need someone to sound "foreign"? Freaking Les Miserables, the whole time they're singing and talking with perfectly normal American English, fine. That's what Americans need. But the rest of the characters, the ones that make up a scene or take on a minor role like the little kid revolutionary or the scum bag innkeepers? FREAKING COCKNEY. Are they worried about offending the French with French-accented English? Are they afraid American audiences won't understand what they're saying? Do they think Americans still hate French people like it's 2001? Every time I'm watching a Hollywood movie that features something foreign and they HERPA DERP, COCKNEY, I want to punch someone.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19368 on: December 28, 2012, 06:51:29 pm »

Why can't Hollywood ever use something besides British cockney when they need someone to sound "foreign"? Freaking Les Miserables, the whole time they're singing and talking with perfectly normal American English, fine. That's what Americans need. But the rest of the characters, the ones that make up a scene or take on a minor role like the little kid revolutionary or the scum bag innkeepers? FREAKING COCKNEY. Are they worried about offending the French with French-accented English? Are they afraid American audiences won't understand what they're saying? Do they think Americans still hate French people like it's 2001? Every time I'm watching a Hollywood movie that features something foreign and they HERPA DERP, COCKNEY, I want to punch someone.
I am not aware of this.
Not that I watch films or television, so there's not much reason why I would be.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19369 on: December 28, 2012, 06:54:30 pm »

What was Les miserables like as a whole?
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19370 on: December 28, 2012, 10:27:05 pm »

Well, apparently, no one likes or trusts Cockney accents.  According to some new British poll or other.  The guy who showed me was a Scot though, so a bit o' bias there.

Also, because Cockney is really fun to say.

~ Cockney, Cockney, Cockney ~

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19371 on: December 28, 2012, 11:07:33 pm »

it's funny because penis
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19372 on: December 29, 2012, 12:20:23 am »

I've always suspected it's because a "light" cockney accent is really easy to do for an American. Mostly you just stop pronouncing most of your t's and throw in a few, guv's here and there and some other overdone Bri'ishisms and bob's your uncle! You're Oliver Twist!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #19373 on: December 29, 2012, 12:35:10 am »

What was Les miserables like as a whole?

Pretty decent. They tack on at least an hour's worth of their own stuff at the end of it. The singing was pretty good, and being that it was recorded live that's pretty cool. But I was ready for it to be over at 1:40 mins in. Every time a new character stepped in to start singing I inwardly groaned.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19374 on: December 29, 2012, 12:50:44 am »

Finding jeans that are my size is a pain in the ass (heh, see what I did... no, not going there). It's ridiculous to see skinny jeans with sizes like 38Wx30L, and yet none that go beyond 32 length. Though admittedly it does seem that 30x34 skinnys can be found online, but I'm always hesitant to buy pants that I haven't tried on first, especially if it's a brand I haven't worn and I'm expected to shell out upwards of $100 for them.

Also, modern movies suck. A lot.
And TV. And popular music. And people, in general.
Also dogs.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19375 on: December 29, 2012, 12:54:08 am »

Just saw Skyfall.  While parts if the movie were enjoyable, I feel it's less a movie and more of a promo for upcoming Bond movies.

OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19376 on: December 29, 2012, 01:04:22 am »

Zoddammit, body, you don't need 400lbs of food RIGHT THIS VERY SECOND. I should be A) absolutely stuffed from dinner (I ate two plates full of goulash.) and B) sleeping. I work in the morning, and I'm wide awake. And hungry. Very hungry. Worst part is, I just had a snack. Still kind of want to eat an entire water buffalo.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19377 on: December 29, 2012, 01:10:12 am »

I'm the opposite of you, Zero.  Over the past couple of days, my mouth, throat, stomach, and ass have decided they hate me.
I feel like I'm gonna puke, but I know I can't.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19378 on: December 29, 2012, 01:18:32 am »

I'm the opposite of you, Zero.
Are you tall, hairless, and thin?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #19379 on: December 29, 2012, 01:31:23 am »

I'm the opposite of you, Zero.
Are you tall, hairless, and thin?
I am one out of three.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 1290 1291 [1292] 1293 1294 ... 3345