Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1263 1264 [1265] 1266 1267 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3702750 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: RAEG Like It's 1994! Edition
« Reply #18960 on: December 12, 2012, 07:25:01 am »

Encountered a strange rage (strage?) today. A friend of mine was bragging about buying her coat for only $170. Instead of $300. I don't even. My coat cost me $20, and it's served me well for nigh upon three years now. The most expensive thing I own, my laptop, cost me less than that coat's full price. And then I see Wikipedia asking for $5. I see a fundraiser outside the library asking for money to send food to Syrians. I wonder, is the gilded name on the lapel worth it? Is the process of branding yourself with the name of another human being actually rewarding? I simply can't comprehend it.

I swear, this school is turning me into a communist.

Yees... YEEEeesssss... Come to usss... Join uussss...
Love, scriver~

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: RAEG Like It's 1994! Edition
« Reply #18961 on: December 12, 2012, 11:49:59 am »

I have been defeated by a not spam bot.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Not at alllllll.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Kinda Progressive Edition
« Reply #18962 on: December 12, 2012, 07:54:48 pm »

The hookerbot swarm, I imagine?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Kinda Progressive Edition
« Reply #18963 on: December 12, 2012, 07:56:28 pm »

The hookerbot swarm, I imagine?
I miss all the fun stuff :'( .
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #18964 on: December 12, 2012, 08:00:22 pm »

Our mayor just rammed through a proposal to rezone 190 acres of pristine hilltop forest for commercial development. That would end up with over 100,000 tons of earth removal. Likely into the local creek area (A whole shittonne of pollution and runoff would end up there anyways). In spite of the fact the pretty much everyone in the community is opposed to it. Let's just hope that the city council has the guts to stand up to the planning commission on this.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 08:07:01 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18965 on: December 12, 2012, 08:06:46 pm »

Stand up for the environment in Tennessee?  Not likely.  At least here in Minnesota most people at least pay lip service to environmental concerns.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #18966 on: December 12, 2012, 08:07:43 pm »

Stand up for the environment in Tennessee?  Not likely.  At least here in Minnesota most people at least pay lip service to environmental concerns.

You'd be surprised how many people around here really don't want this shit going through.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18967 on: December 12, 2012, 08:10:04 pm »

In New york, stopping Global warming has suddenly become a very important issue. Senators are introducing initiatives into congress, Initiaives are underway in all levels of gov't. Appearantly, hurricans remind politicians that MORE HEAT = VERY BAD.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #18968 on: December 12, 2012, 08:21:54 pm »

Has a hurricane ever struck DC?

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #18969 on: December 12, 2012, 08:33:07 pm »

It is impossible to get Netflix working in Windows Media Center with Windows 7 64bit. Its a god damn nightmare of shit being fucked to hell for no reason at all.

I now have a fancy computer remote control that I got explicitly for controlling netflix from bed, that cant fucking do shit.

Im considering using it for skeet.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18970 on: December 12, 2012, 08:38:24 pm »

Encountered a strange rage (strage?) today. A friend of mine was bragging about buying her coat for only $170. Instead of $300. I don't even. My coat cost me $20, and it's served me well for nigh upon three years now. The most expensive thing I own, my laptop, cost me less than that coat's full price. And then I see Wikipedia asking for $5. I see a fundraiser outside the library asking for money to send food to Syrians. I wonder, is the gilded name on the lapel worth it? Is the process of branding yourself with the name of another human being actually rewarding? I simply can't comprehend it.

I swear, this school is turning me into a communist.

Depends, was it a nice coat? Some coats are very nice.
I mean from a practical side of things, a $20 coat will pretty much do, but some people enjoy dressing up. It is a bit of a hobby. You can spend money on over priced figurines of orks and go off with friends are stage a war, and have a lot of fun doing it, or you can dress up in that awesome outfit you got and feel all pretty and go out with friends into a social scene and also have fun. It really is to personal taste.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #18971 on: December 12, 2012, 08:45:45 pm »

What do you do if you want to feel pretty while playing pretend war with your overpriced ork figurines, though? What then?
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18972 on: December 12, 2012, 08:47:27 pm »

In New york, stopping Global warming has suddenly become a very important issue. Senators are introducing initiatives into congress, Initiaives are underway in all levels of gov't. Appearantly, hurricans remind politicians that MORE HEAT = VERY BAD.
Not rage-worthy at all. If something as small as Sandy got their attention, then once the really bad shit starts going down the country will take necessary steps for survival. Hopefully it just isn't too late by then.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18973 on: December 12, 2012, 08:49:14 pm »

Not rage-worthy at all. If something as small as Sandy got their attention, then once the really bad shit starts going down the country will take necessary steps for survival. Hopefully it just isn't too late by then.
I know, I was refering to the comments before. People talking about local politics and enviromental stuff.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18974 on: December 12, 2012, 08:49:14 pm »

What do you do if you want to feel pretty while playing pretend war with your overpriced ork figurines, though? What then?

Get a higher paying job?

Yea, I don't really see how attempts to solve the climate issue is rage inspiring.
Pages: 1 ... 1263 1264 [1265] 1266 1267 ... 3345