Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1224 1225 [1226] 1227 1228 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3705384 times)

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Put It Away Edition
« Reply #18375 on: November 27, 2012, 01:48:26 pm »

*twitch*
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18376 on: November 27, 2012, 02:08:41 pm »

The definition of irony has been lost by a large number of people.

I blame Alanis Morisette.
This is a blank sig.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18377 on: November 27, 2012, 03:18:26 pm »

Guh. I'm so sick of this goddamn computer.
And it's going to be some time in summer next year before I can get a new one :/
My cabbages!

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18378 on: November 27, 2012, 05:06:16 pm »

In my Health/Gym class today, we were watching a movie. It was about social media and "Sexting", and MY GODDAMN CLASSMATES WOULDN'T FREAKING SHUT UP! Needless to say, I had to suppress the urge to beat them up.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #18379 on: November 27, 2012, 05:08:03 pm »

Oh and while I'm on that topic, the entire Biology class cracked up when someone mispronounced 'Organism' that one time.
My latin class cracked up the first time we were introduced to "cum". Also Pinus. Pine tree.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18380 on: November 27, 2012, 05:20:37 pm »

Lol.
Pinus.
My cabbages!

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #18381 on: November 27, 2012, 05:46:14 pm »

Lol.
Pinus.
Oh, and I forgot the funniest of all. Facio. It means, "to do". :P
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #18382 on: November 27, 2012, 05:48:40 pm »

tripp pants are the ugliest form of clothing ever invented

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #18383 on: November 27, 2012, 05:49:30 pm »

HP's driver installation front end can go fuck itself. Way to install a printer with no driver that Windows thinks it has identified, when in fact it hasn't identified shit! Disable all my AV hrmmmm? Disable half of my windows services and run as an admin, hrrmmmm?  How about: you motherfuckers quit shoveling bloatware at people and actually make a piece of software that does what it says it's going to do.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #18384 on: November 27, 2012, 05:51:15 pm »

Lol.
Pinus.
Oh, and I forgot the funniest of all. Facio. It means, "to do". :P
Facio means "I do". Facere means "to do". Can also be translated as "make."

Roundabout Lout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18385 on: November 27, 2012, 06:00:39 pm »

HP's driver installation front end can go fuck itself. Way to install a printer with no driver that Windows thinks it has identified, when in fact it hasn't identified shit! Disable all my AV hrmmmm? Disable half of my windows services and run as an admin, hrrmmmm?  How about: you motherfuckers quit shoveling bloatware at people and actually make a piece of software that does what it says it's going to do.

This. I just replaced my HP all in one because of the weird nonsensical error messages I would get while trying to print something. The worst was "Update LCD list." It'd pop up a menu where I can add or remove features from the printer's screen, but the only thing I could do was take features away, which didn't even do anything. And thus it never printed again. Getting a hold of customer support was miserly.

tl;dr:
Don't buy any of HP's products, they're total garbage.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18386 on: November 27, 2012, 06:05:59 pm »

Also: Less goddamn bloatware in general. I do not need any of that crap, all I need are the bloody printer drivers (and possibly also the scanner/copier ones if relevant). That should not need >500 MB, I could fit many more useful things in the same amount of space.

Like, y'know, Dwarf Fortress. Or some music. Or a small indie game. Or half of my important installers folder. Or whatever the heck else. It probably isn't as bloated as you HP.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #18387 on: November 27, 2012, 07:35:37 pm »

It was their "technical" solutions that caused me to RAEG the most. "Open Services.msc. Select all Microsoft Services. Hide. Then select all remaining services and disable them."

When your software requires that level of fuckery to even work reliably, the issue isn't the operating system. It's that you employ hacks for programmers. I'd go straight with the standalone driver if I had any confidence it could actually be installed manually and operated over a network.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 07:37:32 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #18388 on: November 27, 2012, 07:41:37 pm »

In my Health/Gym class today, we were watching a movie. It was about social media and "Sexting", and MY GODDAMN CLASSMATES WOULDN'T FREAKING SHUT UP! Needless to say, I had to suppress the urge to beat them up.

Ah, the wonders of schools incorporating and attempting to educate about modern technology.

We're having a similar thing. We watched a video detailing how to be safe on the internet, you know, by not posting highly personal information in a public place, not sharing such information with suspicious anonymous strangers, not going to 4Chan because 'tis a silly place, and basically regurgitating info that I thought was just common sense.

Likewise our school board or whatever has instituted this "Bring Your Own Device" policy, and has made Wi-fi available throughout the school. This is cool for laptops and stuff, since it allows students to take notes on their laptop, and other "academic" activities. Unfortunately, most people have interpreted it as a perfectly valuable excuse to waste time on the internet via their smart phones and completely abuse the system.

Everyone probably was already doing this, the only difference now is that the school provides the wi-fi.

tl;dr:
Don't buy any of HP's products, they're total garbage.

*that feel when my desktop tower is an HP*
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 07:44:39 pm by Mr Space Cat »
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: HP Fuckery Edition
« Reply #18389 on: November 27, 2012, 07:43:14 pm »

It was their "technical" solutions that caused me to RAEG the most. "Open Services.msc. Select all Microsoft Services. Hide. Then select all remaining services and disable them."

When your software requires that level of fuckery to even work reliably, the issue isn't the operating system. It's that you employ hacks for programmers. I'd go straight with the standalone driver if I had any confidence it could actually be installed manually and operated over a network.
Wait, that was the actual "technical solutions"? I thought it was just the result of the driver installer trying to keep itself from breaking.

What the fuck.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 ... 1224 1225 [1226] 1227 1228 ... 3345