Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1178 1179 [1180] 1181 1182 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3689956 times)

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: NERD HERESY Edition
« Reply #17685 on: November 07, 2012, 08:23:21 pm »

You should punch her in the face and tell her to get out of house.
Unless you live in her house.
Then don't do any of that.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17686 on: November 07, 2012, 08:51:33 pm »

It sounds to me like the fault lies with the trash company. If they want to repeatedly not do their job and then say HEY YOU HAVE TO PAY US EVEN THOUGH WE AREN'T DOING OUR JOB you should make like Mitt Romney and fire them. Then hire a different trash collection company.

(Also if you're in the US, you can file a complaint against the company with the Better Business Bureau.)
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17687 on: November 07, 2012, 08:53:34 pm »

.... Once again, not paid for a bet because apparently a definitive verbal agreement with witnesses isn't enough for one person.  Almost made $100 off of some stupid geometry misconception someone had.  It's extra annoying since they both started the bet and were willing to bet $200, I limited to $100 because I don'tlike betting more than I have on hand, got interrupted before the handshake although 5 people knew we were going to bet, then he pulls out after 45 minutes of doodling trying to make his argument work.  I suspected he would never pay me even before we were going to shake, since he said he had no money on him, so I at least made very clear verbally that we were betting so we would have witnesses.

I consider the bet binding because:
A) he initiated it, not me, so it cannot be seen as me trying to squeeze money out of someone who wasn't willing to bet
B) he was willing to bet more than I was, further reinforcing A
C) it was clear that we both agreed on the bet, though a formal seal was not technically put in place, although verbally it was quite clear
D) multiple witnesses say thet we agreed verbally
E) the bet would have formally been sealed if the handshake hadn't been interrupted

He won't even agree that a partial bind to half the betted money would be acceptable.  Which means that I will bug him about the money he owes me for the next 4 years.

EDIT:  This may not seem that bad, but this makes a total of $1,100 dollars various people owe me through crap like this (especially annoying when they say stuff beforehand like "why do we need to shake?  We know we're betting"  They probably wouldn't have paid me anyways, though).
You need to learn to punch people in the face if they won't pay you.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17688 on: November 07, 2012, 10:04:30 pm »

.... Once again, not paid for a bet because apparently a definitive verbal agreement with witnesses isn't enough for one person.  Almost made $100 off of some stupid geometry misconception someone had.  It's extra annoying since they both started the bet and were willing to bet $200, I limited to $100 because I don'tlike betting more than I have on hand, got interrupted before the handshake although 5 people knew we were going to bet, then he pulls out after 45 minutes of doodling trying to make his argument work.  I suspected he would never pay me even before we were going to shake, since he said he had no money on him, so I at least made very clear verbally that we were betting so we would have witnesses.

I consider the bet binding because:
A) he initiated it, not me, so it cannot be seen as me trying to squeeze money out of someone who wasn't willing to bet
B) he was willing to bet more than I was, further reinforcing A
C) it was clear that we both agreed on the bet, though a formal seal was not technically put in place, although verbally it was quite clear
D) multiple witnesses say thet we agreed verbally
E) the bet would have formally been sealed if the handshake hadn't been interrupted

He won't even agree that a partial bind to half the betted money would be acceptable.  Which means that I will bug him about the money he owes me for the next 4 years.

EDIT:  This may not seem that bad, but this makes a total of $1,100 dollars various people owe me through crap like this (especially annoying when they say stuff beforehand like "why do we need to shake?  We know we're betting"  They probably wouldn't have paid me anyways, though).
You need to learn to punch people in the face if they won't pay you.

I cannot agree more fully with MZ here.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #17689 on: November 07, 2012, 10:21:52 pm »

You need to find alternative ways to solve your problems.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #17690 on: November 07, 2012, 10:23:06 pm »

Bullshit. Someone was spouting nonsense up on a soapbox today. I punched them, and it stopped.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17691 on: November 07, 2012, 10:23:29 pm »

You need to find alternative styles of punch. Perhaps the implied punch or the mental punch?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17692 on: November 07, 2012, 10:25:51 pm »

You need to find alternative styles of punch. Perhaps the implied punch or the mental punch?
Spiked punch?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17693 on: November 07, 2012, 10:27:48 pm »

Spiked punch?
Of the fist or of the liquid? The fist-based one just falls under the general 'Punch' category.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17694 on: November 07, 2012, 10:31:55 pm »

My brother uses a 7-iron to the side of the face to people who owe him money, if that helps.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17695 on: November 07, 2012, 10:33:07 pm »

Spiked punch?
Of the fist or of the liquid? The fist-based one just falls under the general 'Punch' category.
I think it qualifies as a stab, actually.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17696 on: November 07, 2012, 10:47:05 pm »

Spiked punch?
I think it qualifies as a stab, actually.
I was going more for "get them roaring drunk, push them off a bridge". But to each their own.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #17697 on: November 08, 2012, 02:15:00 am »

MIND BULLETS!!!
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #17698 on: November 08, 2012, 03:19:23 am »

+1

Seriously, if all you have to add to a discussion is "facepunch lol" then you might consider not posting.

Also, Max-O, shame on you for letting yourself be flanderised in this way! You are a too depthful and well-rounded character to accept such trivialisation. Fight the face-punch!
Love, scriver~

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #17699 on: November 08, 2012, 03:25:18 am »

Fight the face-punch!

There is so much meta in this sentence.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.
Pages: 1 ... 1178 1179 [1180] 1181 1182 ... 3345