Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1176 1177 [1178] 1179 1180 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3690273 times)

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: NERD HERESY Edition
« Reply #17655 on: November 06, 2012, 02:00:44 pm »

Seriously, the new bullshit today is how the people in NYC where fated to be hit by a storm because of the gays.

Dunno, could be true man.   :P
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #17656 on: November 06, 2012, 02:07:11 pm »

GOD DAMMIT I AM SO SICK OF FUCKING FUNDIES.

I've told you about my great books group in this thread before. There's about twenty people in it, and their all religious asshats. Seriously, the new bullshit today is how the people in NYC where fated to be hit by a storm because of the gays. MUST PUNCH. The worst part is, every single other person agreed. How the hell am I the only one with any sense. I swear, I'm this close to breaking down and ranting at them for half an hour. Only problem is we paid a shitton of money to get into this idiotic class and if I go on a rant, I'll probably get kicked out.
Maybe try to derail the topic back to books or something. Go talk about the Divina Comedia, Don Quichot or some other non relating novel*. I'm afraid you ain't going to get to change their point of view without a sledgehammer anyway, so there's not much point in asking them..

*Both books were outlawed by the church at some point(though the index  was dropped in nighteenhundred something) so they might not be such good choices.
** On another note, reference to some other interesting things the OT has to say.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17657 on: November 06, 2012, 02:35:19 pm »

I've told you about my great books group in this thread before. There's about twenty people in it, and their all religious asshats. Seriously, the new bullshit today is how the people in NYC where fated to be hit by a storm because of the gays. MUST PUNCH. The worst part is, every single other person agreed. How the hell am I the only one with any sense. I swear, I'm this close to breaking down and ranting at them for half an hour. Only problem is we paid a shitton of money to get into this idiotic class and if I go on a rant, I'll probably get kicked out.
It should be pretty obvious to anyone that that isn't true. I mean, for one, Blackpool would be at the seabed by now if that were the case.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #17658 on: November 06, 2012, 03:26:34 pm »

As a Christian, I find that view reprehensible. Next time you should politely bring up the whole "do not judge lest ye be judged" thing. That's what I based my view of gays and such on, and suddenly my reasoning behind these disasters is a bit more clear minded. It's just a thing that happened, let's not tell God why or why he didn't do it.

To some people, I think, the whole "Jesus commands you to love each other" thing is only pertinent only when it's convenient.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #17659 on: November 06, 2012, 05:32:56 pm »

It should be pretty obvious to anyone that that isn't true. I mean, for one, Blackpool would be at the seabed by now if that were the case.
I approve :>

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17660 on: November 06, 2012, 05:35:34 pm »

I'm sick of humanity in general. Mostly fundamentalists, conservatives, liberals, third generation feminists and right around now most of Europe. I don't mean anything by that last part save that I tend to talk to a lot of assholes on the internet and it's probably a coincidence that most of them are from Europe.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17661 on: November 06, 2012, 05:36:48 pm »

Well excuuuuse me for being European.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17662 on: November 06, 2012, 05:37:31 pm »

You're excused, Darvi. Now work on becoming 'merrican.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #17663 on: November 06, 2012, 06:06:17 pm »

Well excuuuuse me for being European.
Could be worse. At least your not a filthy canadian.

Eat that massive pizza burger from earlier, I'm sure that will americanize you somewhat.

Now I want bacon. :'(
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17664 on: November 06, 2012, 06:16:26 pm »

But I don't want to be American, I enjoy my free healthcare.
If it weren't for the NHS, I'd probably be dead. Three times.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17665 on: November 06, 2012, 06:32:29 pm »

But I don't want to be American, I enjoy my free healthcare.
If it weren't for the NHS, I'd probably be dead. Three times.
I could use one of those NHS things, whatever it is. :P

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #17666 on: November 06, 2012, 06:35:27 pm »

Reminds me of the quote "People such as scientist Stephen Hawking wouldn't have a chance in the UK, where the National Health Service would say the life of this brilliant man, because of his physical handicaps, is essentially worthless."

Which is rather relevant to the thread, old as it may be.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #17667 on: November 06, 2012, 06:52:55 pm »

one magazine said 'had Stephen Hawking been British, he wouldn't be around, because of the suffering he'd have had to endure at the hands of the NHS.'

the problems were
A) he IS British
B) he says he owes his life to the NHS.
MOCK THE WEEK :D
*Also it was a newspaper, not a magazine. From Murrica.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #17668 on: November 06, 2012, 06:54:52 pm »

one magazine said 'had Stephen Hawking been British, he wouldn't be around, because of the suffering he'd have had to endure at the hands of the NHS.'

the problems were
A) he IS British
B) he says he owes his life to the NHS.
MOCK THE WEEK :D
*Also it was a newspaper, not a magazine. From Murrica.
USA USA USA!
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #17669 on: November 06, 2012, 06:59:48 pm »

It's ok. It's enough to admire Dara's shiny forehead.
Pages: 1 ... 1176 1177 [1178] 1179 1180 ... 3345