Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1142 1143 [1144] 1145 1146 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3702344 times)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Scumbag Steve Edition
« Reply #17145 on: October 25, 2012, 02:40:24 am »

I decided to look up teenagers who designed amazing things to motivate myself. I managed to depress myself when I got to number five, the eleven year old who got Defense contracts to build bomb detectors. Also, homemade nuclear reactors FTW.
I feel ya.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17146 on: October 25, 2012, 02:42:23 am »

If everyone compared themselves to the very best, there would be one hell of a lot of depressed folk :P There's only so much room at the top.

EDIT: My rage:

No cat, you just threw up. I'm not feeding you. Stop meowing.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 03:05:04 am by kaijyuu »
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #17147 on: October 25, 2012, 03:46:09 am »

-Snip-

Wrong thread
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 03:49:46 am by Japa »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17148 on: October 25, 2012, 03:51:07 am »

And here I was about to ask you why you just didn't kind of hang up or something.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #17149 on: October 25, 2012, 11:37:26 am »

Ugh, i have to draw a "dream" car in one way or another this vacation, but everything i draw is ugly as hell.
Well, everything that is not a not-quite-ugly-as-hell-but-still-ugly and abstract drawing that results from my boredness during lessons and drawn in my school books.

It can be done with drawing programs or just on paper. I wonder if 3d models would be allowed. Not that i actually have any skill in that. But hey.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #17150 on: October 25, 2012, 11:57:02 am »

work. computer problem   my downloads stopped finishing, now my network is completely fried. i have not been able to do jack shit for 4 hours. no progress wher progress is sorely needed. and heather isnt in the office today.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17151 on: October 25, 2012, 12:47:34 pm »

>Brother starts downloading new minecraft version
>Everything i do, INCLUDING ps2 updates that started BEFORE his, slows to a crawl.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17152 on: October 25, 2012, 12:51:22 pm »

>Everything i do, INCLUDING ps2 updates that started BEFORE his, slows to a crawl.
What is your connection made of, wood? Minecraft is not big. (unless he's downloading a large world and the entire technic pack along with the update)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17153 on: October 25, 2012, 12:56:26 pm »

What is your connection made of, wood? Minecraft is not big. (unless he's downloading a large world and the entire technic pack along with the update)
Well, apparantly this STARTED it. He is just playing now. Not even online. We are the ONLY people in this house using the computer, and the connection is usually great.
But now everything is just slow without any real explanation.

Task manager says i have a 54 MB/s connection, but i'm only using 1.5% of it.
RAAAH.

Woah, woah. A dis- and reconnect seems to have fixed this. Sudden spike if 100% usage. Normal usage after that.
I guess it's just windows.

E:
Oh, its fine as long as i reconnect every 5 seconds.
RRRRAAAAAAEEEEEEGGGG

E2:
Oh, restarting the router did it.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 01:07:12 pm by miauw62 »

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #17154 on: October 25, 2012, 01:14:12 pm »

Ugh. An evening shift shortly followed by a morning shift is a terrible thing. There should be a law that you can't work until twelve hours after your last shift - It's impossible to get home, get relaxed enough to sleep well, and wake up well rested enough to go about your day with any degree of enthusiasm with only ten hours to do it.
We have such a law here. Not unusual for dept heads to ignore it tho
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

bluejello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17155 on: October 25, 2012, 01:20:28 pm »

YOUTUBE, WHY ARE YOU NOT EVEN LOADING THE FLASH PLAYER? and they changed their interface... at least in opera know  but not in IE (64 bit) it seems... is it related to me being signed into my google account? because if so WHY can't I change it.  The new layout is fine I guess, but I like the slightly gray background instead of just white.

EDIT: Fixed, was a certain plugin I installed causing issues with the new youtube interface.  Whell, one last thing, the new youtube subscription list has the videos liked by your subscriptions as well as their uploads, annoying to me.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 01:34:23 pm by bluejello »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17156 on: October 25, 2012, 01:31:01 pm »

YOUTUBE, WHY ARE YOU NOT EVEN LOADING THE FLASH PLAYER?
1. Is Flash updated?
2. Is Flash disabled in your browser addons/extensions/plugins?
3. Is Opera out-of-date?

but I like the slightly gray background instead of just white.
Don't know if Opera has a version of it, but in Stylish on Firefox I've got a nice black and grey/blue text theme on youtube,and theres plenty of others if I remeber correctly.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 01:33:51 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #17157 on: October 25, 2012, 02:03:48 pm »

The more I talk about parenting, the more I realize that I think everyone else in the world is a terrible parent.

There are too many people who want to raise their kids exactly like they were raised with no thought of whether that would be the best way to raise them. There are too many people who sacrifice their principles for their childhood nostalgia.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #17158 on: October 25, 2012, 03:20:31 pm »

FUUUUUUUUUUUU

deleted my mass effect save

alrrgiht, I'm reinstalling and rebeating.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17159 on: October 25, 2012, 05:24:18 pm »

Right, so I wrote this giant three paragraph rant about university bureaucracy screwing me out of lunch and scholaship money.

Then Firefox crashed as I was writing the last sentence.

DOUBLE RAGE MODE GOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 1142 1143 [1144] 1145 1146 ... 3345